Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for CGO3+ parts

Reaction score
Had an incident with my CGO3+ camera.... after a teardown I think these are the only damaged parts. Actually, the vertical alum frame was bent but I got it back pretty straight, but would prefer an uncrashed one. Let me know if you have these. (I know I can purchase the spherical covers and frame from Yuneec, but will accept good used parts from a reclaimed camera.)
Required: both halves of main camera cover, pan encoder cover, vertical aluminum camera frame.

Attachments

• IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 41
I suggest only changing the shell and the cover for the yaw. If the gimbal arm is usable, just leave it. I suspect the camera will need an alignment at a service center if you change the gimbal arm.

Had an incident with my CGO3+ camera.... after a teardown I think these are the only damaged parts. Actually, the vertical alum frame was bent but I got it back pretty straight, but would prefer an uncrashed one. Let me know if you have these. (I know I can purchase the spherical covers and frame from Yuneec, but will accept good used parts from a reclaimed camera.)
Required: both halves of main camera cover, pan encoder cover, vertical aluminum camera frame.
At least the picture you posted is a smiley face and not a frown one.....pretty funny! ?

Yay! you picked up on that.... Yes, I try to look on the funny side of incidents... was actually my fault - doing a WP mission I accidentally picked the wrong mission and the H tried to go to the start of it, when suddenly a tree jumped out right into it's path....

Yay! you picked up on that.... Yes, I try to look on the funny side of incidents... was actually my fault - doing a WP mission I accidentally picked the wrong mission and the H tried to go to the start of it, when suddenly a tree jumped out right into it's path....
It's the Charlie Brown and the kite eating tree syn"drone".......

I ordered the shell kit, and gimbal arm from Yuneec, but still need this... I call it the yaw circuit board cover.... anyone? This part doesn't seems to be listed anywhere either as a single part or in a kit (Yuneec, CarolinaDronz, Vertigo Drones etc....)

Attachments

• IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
I ordered the shell kit, and gimbal arm from Yuneec, but still need this... I call it the yaw circuit board cover.... anyone? This part doesn't seems to be listed anywhere either as a single part or in a kit (Yuneec, CarolinaDronz, Vertigo Drones etc....)

Hi Dan,
Well I have the same problem, a bent aluminium arm (vertical). First of all I want to know how you got it pretty straight. Then the link to order these gimbal arm. And at least will you describe how to disassemble the camera to fix this. There is no video on YT

Maybe this list will help.

Attachments

• Yuneec-Typhoon-H-Part-Out-List-1.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 20
I dd order the gimbal arm : Typhoon H CGO3+ Vertical Aluminum Camera Frame | Yuneec USA
From Yuneec and received it. While waiting for it to arrive, in the mean time I carefully disassembled the camera to get the bent gimbal arm out. I carefully bent it back to the correct (90°) angle by grasping each end of the arm and pulling, checking it periodically with a square. Before re-assembling it, the replacement arm arived and I was able to compare the new one to my repair job, and the angle appeared the same. I then re-assembled the camera with the repaired arm and now have a spare new arm in case there is another incident.
Disassembling/reassembling the camera requires care and patience. For instance, the gimbal circuit board has several plugs/sockets, before unplugging them from the board I marked each plug and socket pair with a unique mark to get them back to the original position. Its a good idea to take photos along the way to document the steps, and keep track of which tiny screws go where, there are about 4 or 5 different types. Also threading the fine wires out of and back into the gimbal arm was easier with a pair of tweezers. The locating tab on the yaw circuit board ring was broken off and I couldn't find that part online anywhere, so I was able to glue on a fabricated piece that worked.
Anyway, after reaassembly, the camera is back to being fully functional again.

I dd order the gimbal arm : Typhoon H CGO3+ Vertical Aluminum Camera Frame | Yuneec USA
From Yuneec and received it. While waiting for it to arrive, in the mean time I carefully disassembled the camera to get the bent gimbal arm out. I carefully bent it back to the correct (90°) angle by grasping each end of the arm and pulling, checking it periodically with a square. Before re-assembling it, the replacement arm arived and I was able to compare the new one to my repair job, and the angle appeared the same. I then re-assembled the camera with the repaired arm and now have a spare new arm in case there is another incident.
Disassembling/reassembling the camera requires care and patience. For instance, the gimbal circuit board has several plugs/sockets, before unplugging them from the board I marked each plug and socket pair with a unique mark to get them back to the original position. Its a good idea to take photos along the way to document the steps, and keep track of which tiny screws go where, there are about 4 or 5 different types. Also threading the fine wires out of and back into the gimbal arm was easier with a pair of tweezers. The locating tab on the yaw circuit board ring was broken off and I couldn't find that part online anywhere, so I was able to glue on a fabricated piece that worked.
Anyway, after reaassembly, the camera is back to being fully functional again.

Hi Dan, thanks for the explanation, I will give it a try. Did or didn´t you find any documentation or videos about this subject?

I didn't find any YT advice on disassembling the CGO3+ camera - there probably are some, but not for my specific damage. So, if you are somewhat mechanically/electronically inclined, have basic tools like a 1.5mm hex screwdriver, jewelers philips & flat head screwdrivers, tweezers, a scalpel or exacto knife, a sharpie marker, a digital camera or phone and are careful and patient, it is not that hard. First remove the camera from the aircraft, remove your SD card if present, next remove the lens/antenna cover by gently squeezing and pull off. Next remove the screws holding the 2 halves of the spherical cover together. then remove the screws holding the rear cover to the internal camera frame. Take photos every step to make reassembly easier. Keep screws in a magnetic cup or preferably keep in separate groups and make note of where each screw came from. From there, going by memory, I think remove the protective cup at the base of the YAW circuit board - it is just a snap-on piece. Then start removing the side covers of the vertical gimbal arm - (several screws). Remove the nameplate covers for the YAW and tilt frames. Remove the screws for the tilt encoder and remove...... so essentially it basically has to be stripped down completely so that the vertical gimbal frame is separated with no compnents attached to it. (Several more screws)
At this point, I would say before removing the connectors from the yaw circuit board, mark each plug with its socket with a unique mark and photograph. If you don't get the plug back in its correct socket...... well the whole camera may be trash. Removing the fine wires from the tilt encoder through the gimbal arm is tricky - be patient. Once the (bent) vertical arm is separated, slowly spread the extremities of the arm by grasping each end with your hands and gently apply force. Work slowly, you only want to get it back to its original 90° angle not beyond. Check it often with a small carpenter type square or other item you know has a right angle. Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly. Sometimes, the yaw positioning will not be normal and will need to be re-aligned with special software (repair centre). My yaw control seemed to work normally after reassembly.
Caveat: This is what I remember at the moment from my repair, and obviously there are steps not documented or possibly out of sequence. If you are not confident to tackle this, best to send it to a repair centre like Carolina Dronz or Terrestrial Imaging.

Reactions: cameraman52
I didn't find any YT advice on disassembling the CGO3+ camera - there probably are some, but not for my specific damage. So, if you are somewhat mechanically/electronically inclined, have basic tools like a 1.5mm hex screwdriver, jewelers philips & flat head screwdrivers, tweezers, a scalpel or exacto knife, a sharpie marker, a digital camera or phone and are careful and patient, it is not that hard. First remove the camera from the aircraft, remove your SD card if present, next remove the lens/antenna cover by gently squeezing and pull off. Next remove the screws holding the 2 halves of the spherical cover together. then remove the screws holding the rear cover to the internal camera frame. Take photos every step to make reassembly easier. Keep screws in a magnetic cup or preferably keep in separate groups and make note of where each screw came from. From there, going by memory, I think remove the protective cup at the base of the YAW circuit board - it is just a snap-on piece. Then start removing the side covers of the vertical gimbal arm - (several screws). Remove the nameplate covers for the YAW and tilt frames. Remove the screws for the tilt encoder and remove...... so essentially it basically has to be stripped down completely so that the vertical gimbal frame is separated with no compnents attached to it. (Several more screws)
At this point, I would say before removing the connectors from the yaw circuit board, mark each plug with its socket with a unique mark and photograph. If you don't get the plug back in its correct socket...... well the whole camera may be trash. Removing the fine wires from the tilt encoder through the gimbal arm is tricky - be patient. Once the (bent) vertical arm is separated, slowly spread the extremities of the arm by grasping each end with your hands and gently apply force. Work slowly, you only want to get it back to its original 90° angle not beyond. Check it often with a small carpenter type square or other item you know has a right angle. Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly. Sometimes, the yaw positioning will not be normal and will need to be re-aligned with special software (repair centre). My yaw control seemed to work normally after reassembly.
Caveat: This is what I remember at the moment from my repair, and obviously there are steps not documented or possibly out of sequence. If you are not confident to tackle this, best to send it to a repair centre like Carolina Dronz or Terrestrial Imaging.

I appreciate your support to document the disassembling the CGO3+. I will have patience to follow your steps. Thanks again

Maybe this list will help.
Thanks for the post! I'm new to the site and have had a problem with the SD card socket not holding the SD card. Short of replacing the SD socket itself, I ordered a new Wifi/SD reader board from Yuneec based upon the parts list you provided. I am still going to plan to replace the socket in the old board to have as an extra part. Unfortunately, parts seem to be in short supply. So, thanks again.
cg23 wifi.SD reader board.jpg
As an interesting side note, there was a MAC address sticker on the WIFI board that belonged to a security firm in California called Netronix. Nothing alarming about it, given current technology and data mining, just interesting.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval