Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Loud Noise After Crash

Reaction score
So, when flying my breeze last week, I connected the FPV goggles and controller. I've never experienced an issue with flying this way until this flight. After taking off, I tapped the throttle to increase my altitude and the drone shot straight up, as if I was still holding down the throttle, at that point, the video feed became choppy. So I hit the land button, which initially did not respond. After hitting it a few times, it eventually came back down. About 7 feet from the ground I stopped the landing process and attempted to fly the drone again. After panning the drone 180 degrees, it immediately banked into my house, at full speed. I could hear it buzz by me, but the video lagged and showed it still hovering in place. Minor exterior damage, nothing needed to be replaced on the outside. Now when I start it up, it makes this weird buzzing noise.

Video w/buzzing noise:

I was still able to fly it with the buzzing noise, no issues. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
-Dan

Not certain, but it sounds like a fan. I have no clue if there is actually a fan in a breeze.
Anytime you see erratic flight behavior, land immediately and reboot. Most of the time that will correct the issue. Continuing to fly ensures a bad outcome.

Reactions: northvegasboy
Not certain, but it sounds like a fan. I have no clue if there is actually a fan in a breeze.
Anytime you see erratic flight behavior, land immediately and reboot. Most of the time that will correct the issue. Continuing to fly ensures a bad outcome.

I'll contact yuneec tomorrow for follow up and post here..

So I called the help line yesterday morning. Despite the 1 hour estimation for hold time, it turned to only be 20 min, not too bad while I waited in traffic. The guy that helped me was very helpful and responsive. He broke down my complaint into two discrepancies:
1 - The drone immediately gaining altitude right off the start, absent direct controls. He said it was most likely this was because it lost connection w/the controller and defaulted into the "return to home" feature until it regained connecting to my phone.

2 - While in hover, the drone immediately banked into the side of my my house without direct control and the video feed lag. He couldn't explain this issue.

The next step was to open up a trouble ticket and forward them the flight logs. They sent very detailed and easy to follow instructions. Please keep in mind I am by no means a tech guy. I'm planning on calling them today for follow up and I'll keep you guys posted here.

Update. They fixed it. Apparently it lost gps connection and went into return home mode. According to the flight logs I had 7 satellites, then it dropped to 0.

It took about 2 weeks but everything works fine now..

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18