Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Maintenance tricks for your TH 480

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I’ve discovered a way to solve a stubborn gimbal calibration where I was not getting perfectly straight ahead camera view. I arranged a visible grid in front of the camera to see if it was straight and it was not. I used the pan knob to set it better and then let it calibrate with this adjustment. I restarted the 480 then I did a calibration again with all switches up and pan knob at default center and made sure tilt slider was in the middle at the “beep” position. After that restart, it was perfect.

I also checked all my motors for proper vertical and horizontal alignment by putting the blades on and resting the H upside down so the weight is born by the arms and resting on quick release buttons. If everything is correct, the blades should spin freely over the surface and not touch the surface. If one side touches, then gently give the whole motor pod and arm a twist in the opposite direction. I’m sure many pilots know this trick as for a quad, an out of plumb motor is very obvious but the 6 motors of the H are more forgiving.

Great info, thanks!

I have a camera that's not pointed perfectly straight ahead and will give your calibration tip a try.

Hi!

Does not motors are little bit tilted? Motors are intentionally tilted to counteract yaw rotation?
I don't have my H near me to confirm, but somebody else may can.

Best regards

I also checked all my motors for proper vertical and horizontal alignment by putting the blades on and resting the H upside down so the weight is born by the arms and resting on quick release buttons. If everything is correct, the blades should spin freely over the surface and not touch the surface. If one side touches, then gently give the whole motor pod and arm a twist in the opposite direction. I’m sure many pilots know this trick as for a quad, an out of plumb motor is very obvious but the 6 motors of the H are more forgiving.

Hi!

Does not motors are little bit tilted? Motors are intentionally tilted to counteract yaw rotation?
I don't have my H near me to confirm, but somebody else may can.

Best regards

I could be wrong but I believe the blades should be level on any multi rotor for the most efficient flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin