Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Drone, new camera? ION L1 Pro For Yuneec H3

Wouw i feel kind of used by yuneec for buying h+ now the new one is out! Its just another camera with h+ and better software tunes like the cruise controle. This could all be done with a update on the plus and would buy the new cam on my plus! Tis is a totall ripp-off!!!
It's not out yet. It could easily be several more months for it to be available to paying consumers.

well looks to me unless things change that the firmware updates for the h plus have come to a end. now I wonder what type of ground station software they are going to using with this new unit. Is the camera a complete new build or a modified c23 aka e90 with new lens from a new source.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Wouw i feel kind of used by yuneec for buying h+ now the new one is out! Its just another camera with h+ and better software tunes like the cruise controle. This could all be done with a update on the plus and would buy the new cam on my plus! Tis is a totall ripp-off!!!
Do you feel the same way when anything you buy gets superseded, like a TV, phone any consumer electronics?

Is the camera a complete new build or a modified c23 aka e90 with new lens from a new source.

Good question. The Ion I1 is 25g heavier than the C23/E90. It has a sun visor built in (from the images) & the notches on the side look to be filter attachment points (no ill fitting rings).

It also has High dynamic range suggesting either an updated sensor or updated processing chip. It also will do YLog video, so its probably a fair bet that the processing chip has been upgraded.

I'd also bet its got updated optics, although the FOV remains at 91 degrees.

Its also worth noting that the new smart modes for the Matis G carry over here so perhaps thats where the H3 differs, being able to do a smart follow mode.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I do believe that they changed the motors out for this one. the rating is 739kv. so the props may have been adjusted as well. other wise no way of getting 25 min air time with current yuneec hv oem battery. venom h520 battery yes but no way for yuneec oem. now if these are new motors and props I like how they do installed on the h520.

Also they should have grammar-checked the Yuneec co-founder (Wenyan Jiang's) quote: “The Typhoon H3 with ION L1 Pro camera merges art and technology, craft and modernity in a unique manner and, in doing so, takes our aerial photography to dizzy new heights..." Dizzy new heights? Shame on the PR firm for allowing that error, if they used a PR firm.

Personally, I am very grateful to your suggestions and feedbacks in this board , which has helped the development of H3. I am also like you, hope that H3/L1 is a new beginning, Yuneec can release more good products in the near future, provide better picture quality, more convenient to carry and fly, more functions, thank you!

@Ty Pilot @PatR @Steve Carr @AH-1G @JackMTaco @Mrgs1 @FlushVision @rdonson @DoomMeister

Personally, I am very grateful to your suggestions and feedbacks in this board , which has helped the development of H3. I am also like you, hope that H3/L1 is a new beginning, Yuneec can release more good products in the near future, provide better picture quality, more convenient to carry and fly, more functions, thank you!

@Ty Pilot @PatR @Steve Carr @AH-1G @JackMTaco @Mrgs1 @FlushVision @rdonson @DoomMeister
Do you know if the C23/L1 will be cross compatible between the Plus/H3?

Do you know if the C23/L1 will be cross compatible between the Plus/H3?
The L1 camera cannot be purchased separately in present time as Yuneec states.
What's the reason to mount L1 to H+ or C23 to H3?

It would overall strengthen both platforms by providing options for the user. Would also provide an upgrade path for H+ users.
Thanks. There is discussion in board before if H user want to invest more than $1000 to upgrade CGO3+ to C23, most pilots relay "not necessary", then I think it's also doubtful H+ user will spend more than $1000 to upgrade C23 to L1.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Do you feel the same way when anything you buy gets superseded, like a TV, phone any consumer electronics?
I know, I don't, because those items (phones, tablets, TVs, etc) continue to receive firmware updates for a considerable period of time...sometimes even years...after New models come out. If you look at Apple, Samsung, and other mobile device manufacturers, they continue supporting their devices for at least 2-3 years after those devices are replaced with new models. Microsoft continues to support Windows for at least 5-7 years after a new version of Windows is released.

So, WHY does Yuneec stop supporting their devices the moment a new one is released. Even worse...using the original TH as an example...they stopped supporting it there moment they ANNOUNCED the TH+. This is NOT conducive to keeping your customer base. This tells customers (and potential customers), "We don't really care about you. We just want your money. And, after we have your money, we want more of your money."

Reactions: Euphered
Thanks. There is discussion in board before if H user want to invest more than $1000 to upgrade CGO3+ to C23, most pilots relay "not necessary", then I think it's also doubtful H+ user will spend more than $1000 to upgrade C23 to L1.
Very true. However, it is my understanding that the internal differences between the H+ and H3 are much less than the differences between the H+ and the H480. Therefore, a new SKU would potentially not be necessary for the H+ to use the L1, contrary to how the H480 would have needed a special version of the C23.

No more battery detachment threads!
Hahaha! Just because there an additional safety mechanism doesn't mean everyone is going to heed the indicator, ....or even notice it!
I can see the first post already: "My Battery Engage Error Indicator on my new H3 won't go out, and I can't start the motors! How do I defeat it so I can fly?":rolleyes:

Hahaha! Just because there an additional safety mechanism doesn't mean everyone is going to heed the indicator, ....or even notice it!
I can see the first post already: "My Battery Engage Error Indicator on my new H3 won't go out, and I can't start the motors! How do I defeat it so I can fly?":rolleyes:
Hence it is better than flying away or crash.

Funny thing, batteries. Using a special shell and latching mechanism has not proven better than using a standard battery secured to a flat plate with a Velcro strap. In fact, if we read racing and DIY drone forums there are virtually no reports of in flight battery separations.

That might present us with one of several theories;

Velcro straps are better because of their simplicity, possessing visuals that encourage users to assure correct installation.

Racing and DIY drone users are more careful with their equipment. Considering the abuse racing drones incur this theory is not possible.

Consumer drones have a much greater percentage of “sloppy pre flight process” operators than other types of drones.

Hence it is better than flying away or crash.

Right up until the software or sensors fail, prohibiting flight until repair center repairs are completed. This should be a concern as Yuneec’s soft/firmware history after the H-480 is questionable at best.

Perhaps the battery security sensing is more about preventing use of non OEM batteries? I doubt there is an engineer in existence that thinks they can engineer a means to prevent user stupidity.

Also they should have grammar-checked the Yuneec co-founder (Wenyan Jiang's) quote: “The Typhoon H3 with ION L1 Pro camera merges art and technology, craft and modernity in a unique manner and, in doing so, takes our aerial photography to dizzy new heights..." Dizzy new heights? Shame on the PR firm for allowing that error, if they used a PR firm.
It appears to me Yuneec has marketing issues that may have held them back for some time. The Yuneec channel videos are an example to me of this. I follow the idea that Yuneec may have a stone age PR (or marketing firm). I am leaning toward a H520 and I doubt I will wait for the details of the H3 to shake out. I am also following the H520 third party certification process in the hope that will breathe life into the H520.

Right up until the software or sensors fail, prohibiting flight until repair center repairs are completed. This should be a concern as Yuneec’s soft/firmware history after the H-480 is questionable at best.

Perhaps the battery security sensing is more about preventing use of non OEM batteries? I doubt there is an engineer in existence that thinks they can engineer a means to prevent user stupidity.
My thought is engineering UAVs should follow the idea of "lighten and simplify" and not add a point of failure like a battery sensor. I agree with PatR velcro makes more sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi