Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
New update out today Build809 dated 20190131
To access this update make sure you have Global OTA selected

Now gives up 2x, 4x, 8x, digital zoom.
To use this feature click the icon on the right above the video/photo switching icon

Also, enhanced large SD support (whatever thats supposed to mean)

Screenshot_2019-01-31-12-16-54.png

Last edited:
New update out today Build809 dated 20190131

Now gives up 2x, 4x, 8x, digital zoom.
To use this feature pinch the screen and move your fingers away from each other to Zoom in and pinch closer together to zoom back out.
The wait is over. Any info on the bug fixes in the release?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using YuneecPilots Drone Forum mobile app

I would like to see a comparison JPEG object, then zooming in on that object at 2, 4 and 8X.
Also while doing a video.

Last edited:
Is there a complete listing of everything the update does?

I won’t use digital zoom or large SD cards.....hopefully there’s some useful fixes......

I'm not seeing this update available. It must only be a available across the pond.

Reactions: Smith3
I'm not seeing this update available. It must only be a available across the pond.
Go into the secret menu DCH and change settings to Global OTA and it will be there

Well well well, would you lookie there! o_O
Thanks Peggy!
But just one question remains....
How many new tricks is this old dog expected to learn?:oops:

Reactions: Peggy
Well well well, would you lookie there! o_O
Thanks Peggy!
But just one question remains....
How many new tricks is this old dog expected to learn?:oops:
What kind of treats would you like to learn new tricks?:rolleyes:

CHOCOLATE! I do my best tricks on dark Chocolate to be specific!:)

Update installed fine, no issues.

Zoom is a step zoom for 1X->2X->4X->8X.

When using video zoom I had to stop recording, set the new zoom level and then start recording again. This may not be a bad thing since the zoom is in steps and you would get a jarring zoom in/out if it zoomed while recording (yes, I know that could be removed in post, but the point is I did not see a way to do smooth zooms or to zoom while recording video).

For still images it is not an issue. Pick your zoom and shoot. It would be cool if the zoom could be assigned to the upper right button. Make it easier to do. One click for each step.

I wonder if the SD card deal will allow use of the Sandisk A2 cards?

Also re-ran the gyro and accelerometer calibrations. They went fine too. Compass I'll do tomorrow when I fly. Raining now.

Reactions: AH-1G and oliver
Any flight report on GPS/SAT connectivity? Is it solid?

Update went well, no issues with calibration. BUT.
Yeah, you read that right, there's that pesky pain in butt again!
Good news and Bad news.
The good news is it fixed my azimuth related gimbal buzz!:)
Butt, it introduced a tilt buzz at full up and 45° down:confused:
Never had that before! And is pretty bad too, the image suffers now.
I expected things would get better, not worse.
I'm more than discouraged and beyond frustrated. I'm ready to throw in my Court Jester's hat!:(

...Anybody that want to buy a Plus with only a handful of flights? Watch for a classified soon!:mad:

Full up and 45 down, is that the camera position or the relative tilt of the aircraft itself?

Camera/gimbal, Plus on a level bench. If I lift the Plus with the camera in FPV, the gimbal will buzz when I pitch it forward or aft 45°

Last edited:
FWIW I just tested mine and I did not notice any issues through the full range of motion of the camera. I hope to fly tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

FWIW I just tested mine and I did not notice any issues through the full range of motion of the camera. I hope to fly tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.
Somehow I think you will be fine if you didn't have buzz before. I never had the buzz problem before I updated to Build 784 and the initial calibrations done with the 40.5mm filter and counter weight. Now that buzz problem is traded for a different one!

My next step is to back up the original FW and original filter and start over, but honestly I'm starting to loose patience and interest in the Plus. This hobby is suppose to be fun but this gimbal issue isn't fun anymore!
The Plus may fly better, and the C23 is potentially a better camera, but my 480s work perfectly, and I'm so tired of the Plus not living up to it's predecessor.

lines are beginning to blur between h520 and h plus on some of features and even on some of the problems (here looking at you e90 c23 gimbal) they are now sharing. there are some major differences in the main flight software and camera options still. But the new features are be added to both aircrafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li