Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131

Status
Not open for further replies.
I challenge Yuneec Corporation to set up shop here in the United Sates, and it needs to be located here in Florida.
But hey, I don't think Yuneec Corporate is interested increasing their share of the drone market.
Why here, year round weather and cheaper than California.

They wouldn't dare setup in the US. That would mean they would have to create a quality product to customer expectations to even survive. For now they can hide across the other side of the world and issue temporary band-aids to their product while advertising them as upgrades.

Reactions: PatR and AH-1G
Installed the update today, no issues so far.
In fact, it was the first time ever that performed an update from a previous version (I've upgraded from 784) did not mess the gimbal; previously, I had to downgrade to 652 and then upgrade to the latest version in order for my video to be stable (i.e I always got jello doing direct updates). Could it be that they changed something on the gimbal code? Who knows but at least this time everything works as it should on my set-up.

Here is a small test video of the zoom feature, no post filters were added to the video, only titles. The zoom feature is a nice gimmick only for quickly looking at an area to decide if I want to fly there; doing zoom on post-production, would be a lot better.

Reactions: Rubik
Installed the update today, no issues so far.
In fact, it was the first time ever that performed an update from a previous version (I've upgraded from 784) did not mess the gimbal; previously, I had to downgrade to 652 and then upgrade to the latest version in order for my video to be stable (i.e I always got jello doing direct updates). Could it be that they changed something on the gimbal code? Who knows but at least this time everything works as it should on my set-up.

Here is a small test video of the zoom feature, no post filters were added to the video, only titles. The zoom feature is a nice gimmick only for quickly looking at an area to decide if I want to fly there; doing zoom on post-production, would be a lot better.

Nicely done.

Have you tried out a range test?

I just did a quick test flight. I had no issues, seemed to be as stable as before. Got 1,200 feet out at 250 up over an open canyon. No issues. Also had on the K&F Concepts 40.5 mm filter I bought. ND2. No gimbal issues or weird noises noticed.Camera hangs more or less straight down with no power to it.

I won's have time to look at the images until later tonight. Tried the zoom on some stills. Not impressed with the 4X and 8X. Definitely want to be in manual on the camera to tweak settings.

MORE WHEN I CAN.

In fact, it was the first time ever that performed an update from a previous version (I've upgraded from 784) did not mess the gimbal
just did a quick test flight. I had no issues, seemed to be as stable as before
I wish I could say the same, instead I can only cry!
Mine has become a flying paperweight. I'm at a total loss.

I wish I could say the same, instead I can only cry!
Mine has become a flying paperweight. I'm at a total loss.

DCH have you tried resetting the camera? There are 2 holes next to where you insert the SD card. Ya Erne hole next to the slot on edge of the camera and hold it on for 20 secs while you switch on the h plus. It should go limp. Release the button when it does. See if that removes any cache.

Can you do a close up of a building for instance. 25 feet away and zoom 1,2,4, and 8x? I want to see how clear it would be for inspections purposes.

Ya Erne hole next to the slot on edge of the camera and hold it on for 20 secs while you switch on the h plus. It should go limp
Thanks for the tip Peggy, there might be hope? I see the two little holes, but this must be a typo: "Ya Erne hole". It's not clear if I press and hold both or just one. If just one, which one, either?

Thanks for the tip Peggy, there might be hope? I see the two little holes, but this must be a typo: "Ya Erne hole". It's not clear if I press and hold both or just one. If just one, which one, either?

Sorry about that Craig.
Hold in the hole that should have said. Just the hole next to the little slot then turn it on and wait for it to go limp.

Reactions: DCH
Ok. Where is this secret menu? I only know about tapping the compass calibration button 5 times. I don't see an update in there.

Just the hole next to the little slot then turn it on and wait for it to go limp.
It was a great thought Peggy, and worth a try. It did go limp just as you said, but it came back on buzzing and unchanged.

The buzz, now a chatter since the 809 update, is definitely coming from the yaw/pan motor. No question about it. That is, and always has been the unhappy component, even when it occurs pointing up or down, it always comes from that motor. The slightest rotational pressure on the camera will silence it completely,. and it doesn't struggle to get back.

With everyone else raving about this update, why am I the only one who it hurt? I only had an occasional buzz that was a minor annoyance, now I have a chatter that can be seen in the video. It's a flying paperweight with superb flight characteristics.
Well the writing is on the wall and I can take a hint.

Update installed fine, no issues.

Zoom is a step zoom for 1X->2X->4X->8X.

When using video zoom I had to stop recording, set the new zoom level and then start recording again. This may not be a bad thing since the zoom is in steps and you would get a jarring zoom in/out if it zoomed while recording (yes, I know that could be removed in post, but the point is I did not see a way to do smooth zooms or to zoom while recording video).

For still images it is not an issue. Pick your zoom and shoot. It would be cool if the zoom could be assigned to the upper right button. Make it easier to do. One click for each step.

I wonder if the SD card deal will allow use of the Sandisk A2 cards?

Also re-ran the gyro and accelerometer calibrations. They went fine too. Compass I'll do tomorrow when I fly. Raining now.

Correct my statement before, Scandisk A2 card should be support as well in this list

I have recovered control and pulled out of my tailspin, and even canceled the appointment with my shrink. I finally have some good news to report on my gimbal dilemma. I was able to downgrade just the gimbal to an earlier gimbal.yuneec from my first build and the buzz is once again minimal and intermittent if there at all, so it is usable again thought not perfect. It still requires the heaviest filter/CW combo I have to make it completely quiet, but I can work with that like I have been all along.

So in the end -and you know what I mean by that, all I got out of the "Upgrade" deal besides 24 hours of disappointment and grief was was the digital zoom. Really? That's hardly a consolation prize That's not even up to my loose "Hobby" standards. I'm dying to hear what some of you real professionals -and fake ones who don't shoot commercials- think about it (and yes I mean you @Phaedrus!;)). I think it's a joke, maybe we should a start a Digital Zoom Humor thread! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Digital zoom is a marketing gimmick. Worthless. You can accomplish the same in post by cropping. A true zoom lens has carefully positioned/ground elements that increase the image size on the sensor.

Can you do a close up of a building for instance. 25 feet away and zoom 1,2,4, and 8x? I want to see how clear it would be for inspections purposes.
Maybe okay for that, depends on how clear you need the image to be. Even though the quality isn't up to professional imaging standards, it does afford enough magnification to allow a closer look from a further/safer distance. X2 is not bad, x4 okay, x8 is pushing it.

If you convince @Ty Pilot to update before your next get together you can see for yourself. It might be what you need.

Nicely done.

Have you tried out a range test?
No but I can tell you that - since initial tests were done in a highly WiFi-contaminated area - range should be the same like 784, no lag, no hickups, everything good.

Reactions: RPR
With everyone else raving about this update, why am I the only one who it hurt?.

Two possibilities:

1) You are a witch possessed demons and need to be burned at the stake,
or
2) you got a lemon that needs to be replaced by Yuneec.

Two possibilities:

1) You are a witch possessed demons and need to be burned at the stake,
or
2) you got a lemon that needs to be replaced by Yuneec.

Or ...
3) All of the above!

Reactions: Phaedrus
The Autel X star has a similar zoom feature. It’s pretty useless also. As for the gimbal issues, am I wrong in reading that there is mods on the camera lens? My guess is the weight difference is not compensated for properly because we don’t have access to the magic gimbal calibration tools and only Yuneec can do it. How does it behave as a stock C23? A motor that’s lost its calibrated center will constantly correct. That was the main issue with any CGO3+ crash repairs we tried ourselves in that we could not double check for proper factory set up without that app and connection knowledge. Those USB ports are there for somebody but it’s not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones