Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131

Status
Not open for further replies.
lines are beginning to blur between h520 and h plus on some of features and even on some of the problems (here looking at you e90 c23 gimbal) they are now sharing. there are some major differences in the main flight software and camera options still. But the new features are be added to both aircrafts.
I wish they would fix the features it already has, before adding more that don't work!

Reactions: JackMTaco
I think they're scrambling to get updates out, not sure how they are doing quality control "(beta testing first before)" releasing updates?

Are we sure that it's actually been officially released and the global option isn't in fact just getting it from the test channel?

The reason I'm asking is if you look at the normal channel it's still only shows the 784 but both global and test shows the new 809 update.

Ps I am in Denmark it might be different in US.

I also heard CCC consistent issue is also improved with this build, could you please have a try?

Yuneec has put some release note, although not much

Well well well, would you lookie there! o_O
Thanks Peggy!
But just one question remains....
How many new tricks is this old dog expected to learn?:oops:

Looks like you have Follow Advice down pretty good DCH! Oh! I forgot that’s an Old Fart trick, not Old Dog trick. ;)

Hello,
I just made the update. All went well. Regarding the zoom, I did some tests without flying. I will not even publish them because the result obtained is consistent with what we imagined. Much to zoom in post-production is better. For the rest, I'll fly next week.

Reactions: AH-1G
Update installed fine, no issues.

Zoom is a step zoom for 1X->2X->4X->8X.

When using video zoom I had to stop recording, set the new zoom level and then start recording again. This may not be a bad thing since the zoom is in steps and you would get a jarring zoom in/out if it zoomed while recording (yes, I know that could be removed in post, but the point is I did not see a way to do smooth zooms or to zoom while recording video).

For still images it is not an issue. Pick your zoom and shoot. It would be cool if the zoom could be assigned to the upper right button. Make it easier to do. One click for each step.

I wonder if the SD card deal will allow use of the Sandisk A2 cards?

Also re-ran the gyro and accelerometer calibrations. They went fine too. Compass I'll do tomorrow when I fly. Raining now.

Good test, actually left trim pad is better for it since not used so far.
A2 card is also in the support list, please have a try.

Last edited:
Good test, actually left trim pad is better for it since not used so far.
A2 card is not in the list maybe a little later.

I was hoping they would restore the use of the left trim pad for other camera control. Since it is a simple step function the button is a better way to go in my mind.

I do not recall seeing a list of cards that will now work, just a mention of "high capacity cards". Do you have a link to the list?

Last edited:
I think I will wait till it’s officially available for now. I’ve spent more time prepping with these updates then flying so I think I’ll pilot on 784 some more first.

Reactions: PatR and mbernholdt
Same here.
I think I will wait till it’s officially available for now. I’ve spent more time prepping with these updates then flying so I think I’ll pilot on 784 some more first.

It is unfortunate that Yuneec chose to use to deceptive terminology, to describe these updates. While I agree with several experienced photographers on this board, that a digital zoom will be of limited value... but you are not even getting that. Any zoom by definition, has infinite choices of magnification in the defined range of that zoom lens.

All you are getting with this update, is a 3 step digital teleconverter. Useful? Possibly... but this change is no more of a zoom lens, than the Peau Productions CGO3+ 8.25mm replacement lens is a "telephoto lens".

Considering that advanced videographers and photographers are the target audience of the Typhoon Plus... trying to play off the attributes of a basic camera function with such misrepresentation... I find it insulting.

Considering that advanced videographers and photographers are the target audience of the Typhoon Plus... trying to play off the attributes of such a basic function with such misrepresentation... I find it insulting.

I did not dare to write it.

To believe that they are in their opaque shell :rolleyes:

It is unfortunate that Yuneec chose to use to deceptive terminology, to describe these updates. While I agree with several experienced photographers on this board, that a digital zoom will be of limited value... but you are not even getting that. Any zoom by definition, has infinite choices of magnification in the defined range of that zoom lens.

All you are getting with this update, is a 3 step digital teleconverter. Useful? Possibly... but this change is no more of a zoom lens, than the Peau Productions CGO3+ 8.25mm replacement lens is a "telephoto lens".

Considering that advanced videographers and photographers are the target audience of the Typhoon Plus... trying to play off the attributes of such a basic function with such misrepresentation... I find it insulting.
i think they primiliary add this feature for 520 then copy to h+. maybe technology perspective it's old, however how do you think parrt dolly zoom in anyfi? Yuneec also could support it well with left ipad, is it useful for videography? Regarding lens zoom maybe not this time.
BTW, consistant CCC usability maybe is there, hence they not put it in release note.

Reactions: mbernholdt
i think they primiliary add this feature for 520 then copy to h+. maybe technology perspective it's old, however how do you think parrt dolly zoom in anyfi? Yuneec also could support it well with left ipad, is it useful for videography? Regarding lens zoom maybe not this time.
BTW, consistant CCC usability maybe is there, hence they not put it in release note.
Me too I think they have a very small team of developers and they been so focused on the H520 rtk and the mantis.

Copying the zoom from the h520 was a easy way to have something to show us on CES.

Considering that advanced videographers and photographers are the target audience of the Typhoon Plus... trying to play off the attributes of such a basic camera function with such misrepresentation... I find it insulting.

This right here. I bought this drone based off the fact it is marketed as a video/photography drone. While the specs support that, the software lacks what an actual video/photography drone should be capable of. It's frustrating and sad that Yuneec is not listening to it's customers who have the drones. Maybe that's the problem, we bought the drones already so they made their money already. Guess the only way to make anything happen is to not buy their product anymore till they either make the requested changes or fail as another drone company startup for consumers.

Something as simple as having the ability to have camera controls on the D-pad like it is done on the standard H should have been written into the software when they released it. That right there tells you that they have no understanding of what they are really marketing. Maybe they shouldn't use google translator when reviewing requests for features... seems like it really is getting lost in translation to them.

I for one will not buy another drone/accessory from them till they either do something about simple functionality with the H Plus. I love my H Pluses but I don't like the limited use I have with them so I will most likely venture else where for my next drone.

I am at a loss to understand why there are trim controls. MR FC generally do not require, and in fact don't really work well, with trims. Those two pads could be put to far better use.

I am at a loss to understand why there are trim controls. MR FC generally do not require, and in fact don't really work well, with trims. Those two pads could be put to far better use.
With great risk of asking a stupid question what does MF FC stand for?

Multi rotor Flight Controller, the thingy inside a Typhoon and other similar aircraft that makes them do what we want them to do.
Obviously thanks

I challenge Yuneec Corporation to set up shop here in the United Sates, and it needs to be located here in Florida.
But hey, I don't think Yuneec Corporate is interested increasing their share of the drone market.
Why here, year round weather and cheaper than California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlife