Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon H User

Reaction score
I just got my H for Prime Day (steal of a deal) but I have a few questions out of the shoot:

I've had this massive battleship of a controller plugged in for an hour and the battery indicator hasn't moved. I'm guessing it's going to take a while?

How long does it take the batteries to charge? I bought two, but after reading various forums sounds like batteries for this beast don't charge as quickly as my Autel (30 minutes).

So I may get 45 minutes of flight time then have to wait several hours to fly again unless someone has some recommendations. I'm fairly new to drones so I may be missing some of the finer points of things.

Thanks in advance!

Charging the TX with the supplied USB can take a very long time, I think mine out of the box took almost four hours. If you're going to do a lot of flying you may want to invest in an aftermarket charger. I use the Hitec X2 AC Plus, it can charge two batteries simultaneously, Along with extra Flight batteries I bought an extra TX battery and the appropriate charge leads so now I can top off a TX battery in less than an hour. There are other (more expensive) chargers that can do more, it depends on your individual situation. Lots of info on the site here.

I just got my H for Prime Day (steal of a deal) but I have a few questions out of the shoot:

I've had this massive battleship of a controller plugged in for an hour and the battery indicator hasn't moved. I'm guessing it's going to take a while?

How long does it take the batteries to charge? I bought two, but after reading various forums sounds like batteries for this beast don't charge as quickly as my Autel (30 minutes).

So I may get 45 minutes of flight time then have to wait several hours to fly again unless someone has some recommendations. I'm fairly new to drones so I may be missing some of the finer points of things.

Thanks in advance!

Every one of your questions (and false statement that you will get 45 minutes of flight time. Hint: you will not) can be answered in the first few pages of the manual. Since you are new to drones (and I presume new to RC flying), it would behoove you to at the very least read the manual.

Thanks in advance!
If you think you are going to get 45 minutes normal flying in the air from just two batteries you are mistaken. It may be just possible without the camera attached on a very still day, but if you are flying with the camera installed you will be doing well to get 19 minutes on a single battery to the first warning.

To charge the Tx battery you can use a tablet charger and be done in an hour. If you use Apple products you can use the charge adapter that plugs into a wall outlet with the usb cable that came with your H. Most tablet and Apple adapters are 110v/220v 0.15A. For better flight battery servicing you'll need to obtain a good after market charger and battery adapters.

If you think you are going to get 45 minutes normal flying in the air from just two batteries you are mistaken. It may be just possible without the camera attached on a very still day, but if you are flying with the camera installed you will be doing well to get 19 minutes on a single battery to the first warning.
On my new 6700 mA I got 25 minutes of flying still no wind. I was doing a project for Bay 9 news, aerial video only. I use a stop watch that I strap around my neck, gotta keep those flight hours accurate.

I use a timer for the same purpose, to record actual time for each flight using the count up function, not down. The reason for the description is for those that think they should be able to set a count down timer to establish when to end a flight. You can't, battery voltage makes that determination.

Tracking flight time is useful when discussing rates with insurance companies. The more you have without a damage history the cheaper they can be.

I use a timer for the same purpose, to record actual time for each flight using the count up function, not down. The reason for the description is for those that think they should be able to set a count down timer to establish when to end a flight. You can't, battery voltage makes that determination.

Tracking flight time is useful when discussing rates with insurance companies. The more you have without a damage history the cheaper they can be.

I'm not sure I understand why you use a count up rather than a count down timer. For me, using a count up timer simply tells you how long you have flown, but using a count down timer will tell you how long you have left (putting into consideration different flight characteristics and atmosphere conditions).
I do not use a timer on the H, because it has the voltage indicator and usually do not go below 15v. However, I do use a countdown timer for my other birds. It gives me a one minute remaining warning and I know it's time to get ready to land.
I NEVER fly longer than what that countdown timer is set at.

A set countdown time cannot be accurate to establish flight time. How you fly the flight, the conditions it's being flown in, lights on or off, all impact how much time the battery will provide, which may not be reflected in a preset timer. For legal flight logging purposes, only that time in which the aircraft is in flight use is counted. General aviation types generally use Hobbs time, or that time the engine is developing oil pressure, or Tach time, the amount of time the engine was developing RPM. Big commercial types use Block time, or the period of time from when chocks were removed for push back until chocks are applied again to park. Block to block. So a count up timer is initiated when motors are armed and start turning, with the flight timer ended after landing as the motors are shut down. The maximum possible length of flight is of course determined by battery voltage displayed on the ST-16. When it reaches my cut off point it matters not what the timer says, the battery says it's time to land. I use 14.8V under load to call the end of most flights but I will go as low as 14.5V under load, but no lower, ever.

So, if I understand correctly, you are not necessarily using a count up timer to determine when it is time to land, but in order to keep an accurate record your flight time, landing when the voltage is reading 14.8V or 14.5V? How would you know when it is time to land if the ST-16 did not have a voltage indicator (ie other RC stuff)?
BTW, (and I am sure you know, but perhaps not everyone on here does) consistently landing at low voltage cutoff is not necessarily the best way to prolong battery life. It is generally agreed that the 80/20 rule (of mah) is the best rule to follow to prolong battery life. Obviously you cannot use the stock charger to determine the amount of mahs put back into the battery, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop