Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NIB Typhoon H

Is the gimbal able to be controlled with the left stick? From what I could see yesterday holding the TX for a brief period, it seems the pan and tilt functions could be awkward.

I got use to the pan and tilt pretty quickly and the neck strap gave me confidence I wasn't going to drop the ST16 while using them. For me, the key was learning to take it easy on those controls for smooth results.

On the Yuneec Website is describes the RealSense system:

"RealSense integrates with Follow Me mode to avoid objects while filming in any direction. The Intel® RealSense™ R200 camera with Intel® Atom™ powered module builds a 3D model of the world, allowing you to focus on the subject without worrying about flying into obstacles."

Does this mean it only works when using Follow Me mode?

I don't think it's limited to Follow Me mode but I haven't tested it extensively and documentation on it is pretty sketchy.

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube that show people testing it against buildings, trees, etc and they're not always in Follow Me.

One caution with RealSense is:
Do Not Fly into the Sunrise/sunset or Bright lights as it will shine into the RealSense Lens/Sensors and may not detect small objects or cause errors

Last edited:
Angel from Yuneec said it was limited to Follow Me. In that video it was in Follow Me mode while Returning To Home. I don't think I am going to use Follow Me mode in any tight spaces so I had decided I don't need the extra weight, cost and complexity of RealSense.

Okay thanks. I have been flying RC for 8 years. 3 years ago I had a Blade 350 QX2 for 2 weeks and then returned it and got the QX3. Flew them for a few flights but didn't trust them and retuned them to Horizon. I am glad I did. At that time I started to follow Yuneec's progress. I am still a bit weary of committing to this. It seems like a great unit but I could use some reassuring. Can the manual be installed on the controller?
lol i just watched a old video of me flying the 350 qx2 . i got rid of mine too for the exact reason. In those days flyaways were very common..

lol i just watched a old video of me flying the 350 qx2 . i got rid of mine too for the exact reason. In those days flyaways were very common..

I just watched a video of my 350 QX3 yesterday, GPS off on a windy day, flew it near the sun and almost lost it due to loss of orientation. GPS was off because the Mobius camera was known to cause Fly Aways, irony at its best. I cant seem to download the video.

Angel from Yuneec said it was limited to Follow Me. In that video it was in Follow Me mode while Returning To Home. I don't think I am going to use Follow Me mode in any tight spaces so I had decided I don't need the extra weight, cost and complexity of RealSense.

Sounds like a good choice.

Is the gimbal able to be controlled with the left stick? From what I could see yesterday holding the TX for a brief period, it seems the pan and tilt functions could be awkward.

Once you become familiar with using the CCC programmed flight mode, you can assign the gimbal controls to the right stick. :)

The 2nd Typhoon arrived today from B&H. The backpack is nice, although I doubt I will ever wear it, but it makes a nice case. This one says Version 3 also, but it didn't come with a neck strap so I presume it is a bit newer than the one I returned. Funny thing is the same exact arm is just as stiff as the other one, but not as twisted. I called Yuneec and asked some questions. He asked for all my information and serial number but he could not tell me when mine was made or what the currently shipped units have for Firmware version. He seemed annoyed and impatient with my questions. I just wanted to know that I got a relatively current model. After going through many versions of the Blade 350 series I am a bit apprehensive. Does anyone know what the latest shipped Typhoons have for Frimware version? Also I went on their website and I now see what appears to be a sale but the links don't work to show a reduced price. I may be paranoid but I have a feeling they are pulling the plug on these.

I charged the batteries and have the props off. I started the motors and they ran for a little while before the 5 motors alert came on, I turned everything off, should it be doing this? I have it set up in my living room. I suppose it is getting conflicting data sitting on my coffee table thinking it should be in the air. I would like to run down the battery to storage charge.

I have the Typhoon set up on a table and restrained with a bungee. I got 14 satellites and started it with the props on. All looks good, it has been idling for 1/2 hour and is almost down to 15 volts. I am obsessed with Storage Charge. Does anyone know if the screen is glass or not? What about screen protectors? So far I am very impressed with this contraption.

Have you read the Quick Start Guide or watched any of the videos on the SD card yet. They tell you what to do first. Charge batteries, perform all calibrations, become familiar with the controls.

All the motors in an H are slightly canted to make the system more efficient.

The screen is similar to every other phone and pad out there; hard glass. Screen protectors are on you if desired. Yuneec doesn’t sell any.

Storage charge level is 15.2v.

I am trying to stay positive but the manual really has me disturbed, pages and pages of fine print. Are they serious? I found the manual and the current firmware on their site. I see the 3.04 was release last March, I was hoping my Typhoon was up to date as it is version 3.0 which I see goes back a whole year.
I have a Q500 4k I purchased last year never have updated the firmware and it works just fine, no plan to up date the firmware as long as everything is working the way I want it to, not going to take the chance of screwing it up...........

I bought this yesterday https://www.bestbuy.com/site/yuneec-typhoon-h-hexacopter-black/4872301.p?skuId=4872301 It is version 3.0, is this the current version? Thanks for your help.

Contrary to what some have written, there have been some small physical updates to the H, including redesigned (slightly braced) landing gear and smaller landing "bumpers" on the skids. But for the most part, it's pretty much the same bird we all have. I have a very early release model and it still flies great today, no problems. Just take good care of it and the remote and learn to fly it.

The 5 motors warnig is normal when revving up the motors without props.

If you want to be sure of storage voltage you may want to consider buying a charger like DY3 - Product - EV-PEAK

Thanks, good to hear this. Thanks for the link, I was looking at the Venom 4 battery charger, similar to that one. I already have 3 Icharger 306B's, I ordered some of these today.Yuneec Typhoon H Drone Battery to Charger Adapter with Balance Leads I would like those style of chargers but I need to power them at the field with my 12V Optimus battery.

Have you read the Quick Start Guide or watched any of the videos on the SD card yet. They tell you what to do first. Charge batteries, perform all calibrations, become familiar with the controls.

All the motors in an H are slightly canted to make the system more efficient.

The screen is similar to every other phone and pad out there; hard glass. Screen protectors are on you if desired. Yuneec doesn’t sell any.

Storage charge level is 15.2v.
I have looked at the manuals but have not seen the videos. Can I watch them from the controller? I am glad the screen is glass. I really am very impressed with this machine so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone