Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly zone question

Reaction score
I know the H won't even start in a NFZ but how sensitive is it. When I look at NFZ maps It seems like the brown areas are more than 5 miles from airports. Can it be disabled? Just temporarily. Just want to get it in the air make sure all is ok. And start practicing. Just bought it last week. Slim pickings within my area.

Attachments

• IMG_0980.PNG
    IMG_0980.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 38
The NFZ is a great idea but clearly flawed.

It is not accurate, attempts to disable them officially for genuine jobsbcause problems during commercial operations...when the drone changes it's mind! Additionally, old airfields are still NFZ's despite being perfect practice arena's and no longer active.

The UK is looking at making these even more prevalent - which if they worked would be great!

You should be aware of the difference between Airmap, UAV Forecast, B4Youfly and the Yuneec NFZ database. The apps show you the areas proximal to airports of any size. The Yuneec database contains only major airports. It's up to you to determine a safe flying area but around major airports the motors won't start. That feature cannot be disabled unless you get special firmware from Yuneec.

I don't know if the attached is current, but it's what I have for the Yuneec NFZ's.

Because this site will not accept an XL file I added .txt to the end of the file name. Download the file to your desk top and rename it afterwards by removing the .txt at the end before trying to open it.

Attachments

• List_of_Large_Airports.xlsx;filename_= UTF-8__List of Large Airports.xlsx.txt
    95 KB · Views: 29
Thanks I'll look at it when home. About what Steve said, the only major airport is Macarthur airport so I should be fine.

The large green square in my pic is some soccer fields and baseball fields. Entrance locked tho so may try the high school field. Anyone have problems flying on school grounds?

Some city and school administrative types often do. Many school districts prohibit RC operations so check into that before flying.

Went to 2 school fields. One has many large signs no trespassing. Another you can use the field but a list of prohibited activities, including no remote control airplanes. Sign must be old. Did find a baseball field and got to use it before it was being used.

Everyone used to fly RC at schools back in the 70's and earlier. Near the end of the decade soccer became the new big thing for team sports. School districts started getting "antsy" about insurance and liability about the same time despite the AMA's attempts to convince them their insurance would be adequate for flight activities. Schools and city parks started seeing RC being prohibited at a rate that made the fall look like a line of dominoes. There was more money for communities to be made in team sports than RC. One very well known county sponsored RC field, Miles Square Park, was turned into a small golf course. The period was the beginning of RC being pushed to the outside of communities.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcojanson67