Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping the new panorama feature would stitch the images together, but just creates individual shots. Still unable to get the calibrate compass function to respond to onscreen tap (now doing it with accelerometer as well....maybe the system recognizes it doesn't need to do it?)
The ST16 gives no indication that compass calibration is underway. Look at the bird, and look for flashing arms. I've been fooled by this more than once.

Reactions: RiverRunner
Did the updates, it went fine. Did all the calibrations, had to wait out a solar storm (kph 7 this morning), but then flew 3 batteries without a problem. The controls with GPS on are still a bit looser than originally, as was the case with the September updates, but this helps smooth filming, with a small trade-off of precision .

CCC works great , but be careful at low altitudes, as the altitude precison seemed to be give or take 1.5 meters for my flight.

I'm very happy

Ok, I just did the update, followed the instructions in the video to the letter. Everything was successful every step of the way. One problem I'm finding is when I tap either of the directional pads be it trim or camera controls I get the little screen explaining what they do. Problem is it doesn't go away, I have restarted the controller and find this problem to be consistent after several tries. I'm hoping I'm missing something here and I'm the idiot?

Reactions: Hun il Lee
Ok, I just did the update, followed the instructions in the video to the letter. Everything was successful every step of the way. One problem I'm finding is when I tap either of the directional pads be it trim or camera controls I get the little screen explaining what they do. Problem is it doesn't go away, I have restarted the controller and find this problem to be consistent after several tries. I'm hoping I'm missing something here and I'm the idiot?

I had the exact same experience and I couldn't find a way to get rid of instructions screen either... It seems like there should be two buttons (OK/Cancel) to press at the bottom of the screen, but there is none.. I'll try a reinstall tomorrow...

Reactions: Hun il Lee
I too had this problem and had to land the H twice to get rid of the screen. I will just use the other method in future.

I think, I figured it out.. There is, like mentioned in my previous post, suppose to be two buttons at the bottom of the screen with cancel on the left and Ok on the right... They weren't there, but I tried pressing where they were suppose to be and wolla, information screen disappeared and both trims worked....

Reactions: BobW55
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I've had no such luck in getting the screen to disappear. I've pressed every inch of the screen, it loves me and can't let go! I'm really disappointed at this point but still have faith all will be well in the end. I feel as if I'm one of the lucky ones as my H has been what I consider a great camera and have only experienced very minor quirks, most being onetime events.

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
The ST16 update went fine, but the OTA update of my H went wrong three times (timeouts and http connection failed...). In the end I was unable to turn the H off as it seems to got stuck in the firmware update process.
After a while I disconnected the battery and now when pushing the "on button" there is no sound and only the camera connects to the ST16. I tried to update the H via SD card inside the CGO3P and via USB cable with the PC TyphoonHGUI but both to no avail.
I now got a half dead H that doesn't start up anymore. I will have to call Yuneec on Monday morning.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I've had no such luck in getting the screen to disappear. I've pressed every inch of the screen, it loves me and can't let go! I'm really disappointed at this point but still have faith all will be well in the end. I feel as if I'm one of the lucky ones as my H has been what I consider a great camera and have only experienced very minor quirks, most being onetime events.

Don't press it, just lightly tap bottom left above 2 tiny blips.

Don't press it, just lightly tap bottom left above 2 tiny blips.
I've been tapping, pressing the whole lot. . Is this what I should expect for what I paid? The fact still remains it's a problem and I'm sure they'll fix it. My question now is can I reload the update? Perhaps I could get a better result?

For those of you having trouble seeing the TEXT when trying to use the 4 way pad buttons.

1) Go into PAD MODE.
2) Select the settings icon (looks like a gear).
3) Select DISPLAY.
4) Select FONT SIZE.
5) Make sure font size is set on NORMAL.
6) Use the back button to go back to the main screen.
7) Tap the FlightMode icon to go back to normal ST-16.

You should now be able to see all of the text when you first select the 4 way pad buttons.

I already created a posting about this issue, but it was deleted for some reason. It was stated that it belonged in the sticky thread. It would have been great to be able to get a heads up before deleting. It took a while trying to type out and explain the issues I am having. Also, this thread doesn't seem like the correct place for this kind of posting. This thread was started in the beginning to address updating procedures and not a posting to where people that have updated the latest firmware can list some of the issues they have found with it. Hopefully someone can get a posting started to be able to address these issues with the new firmware. For now, I will try posting here and maybe try to find a way to remedy these issues.

First off, after installing the latest firmware I performed a gimbal calibration and once it had completed, the gimbal was turned about 20 degrees to the left. Before the update, I noticed that may video footage seemed to be turned slightly to the right, but I figured it was an illusion, due to the gimbal looking straight when I would look at the copter. After performing the calibration, I powered down the bird and then turned it back on. Once it had initialized, the gimbal was ever so slightly to the right. I tried the calibration again and it went back to being about 20 degrees to the left of center.

The second issue is much more serious.
I was getting video dropouts quite often. The copter was less than 100' from me, so I know it wasn't a range issue. Instead of dropping out and then picking back up a few seconds later like what generally happens when I get some distance between the bird and the ST16, the video would freeze for about 15-20 seconds and the video would zip back up to the current feed in quadruple time. I already explained this once, so hopefully I am able to explain it clearly again. Instead of freezing for a period of time and then jumping to the current position in an instant. The video feed would start playing again, but it would be behind and would replay everything that had been captured during those 15-20 seconds. However, it would be in almost like a triple-quadruple speed and then when it was back up to the current location, the video would smooth out again. I generally fly FPV, but it was so bad that I couldn't even think of flying via just the video feed. Also, the video feed was very rough. It would stutter at times. I checked the footage afterward and everything is fine. Hopefully, I have been able to explain my issue. I may try starting another posting again. We really need to get another sticky started where members can post their experiences with the new firmware. Positive or negative. I am going to copy this posting in case it gets deleted again.

UPDATE:
I also found out that when I flip the gimbal pan switch to the 1st position, it does not bring the camera back to center. It just sits at whatever position it was previously panned to. However, there is a very slight panning that take place when it is sitting. Very slowly turning. When I flip the switch to the 2nd & 3rd positions, I can pan with the know. However, it won't swing back to front and center when flipped all the way up.

Last edited:
Is my memory going or was the Google PlayStore App on the ST16 in the previous updates???? If not, it's there now.
Unless they added it on one of the recent updates, the google play store was not originally on the ST16. I found a way of installing it on there back in June.

We really need to get another sticky started where members can post their experiences with the new firmware. Positive or negative. I am going to copy this posting in case it gets deleted again.

Moderator David Carr is working on a Sticky to get update 10-28 positive and negative experiences, with a poll. Please be patient.

YIKES! There you go, David A.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a poll at the first page of this thread. Please take the time to let us know your experience with this update.

NOTE: If you don't have internet access you can just download the TYPHOON VER 3.0 bin file from the Yuneec website and stick it in your Typhoon, then select UPDATE on the ST16 for the Typhoon portion.

Is that what you meant to say, Cap?:confused: Maybe DO instead of DON'T???

well i did the update and guess what , i lost every thing the copter and the camera nothing would bind
so i called yuneec customer service and talked to brian and he walked though getting every thing to bind
so i got that all working and did accl cal and gimbal cal later today i'll take out side and do compass cal
and see how it flys i'll let you know how it goes

Reactions: Rayray
When I try to update, the ST16 keeps saying "Update package not find!"

I have verified and the file is on the sd card.

Hi David - were you using a 64GB card? On an earlier firmware update I got the same error with a 64GB card. I tried again with a 32GB card and had no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss