Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you having trouble seeing the TEXT when trying to use the 4 way pad buttons.

1) Go into PAD MODE.
2) Select the settings icon (looks like a gear).
3) Select DISPLAY.
4) Select FONT SIZE.
5) Make sure font size is set on NORMAL.
6) Use the back button to go back to the main screen.
7) Tap the FlightMode icon to go back to normal ST-16.

You should now be able to see all of the text when you first select the 4 way pad buttons.
My font was set to huge. Thanks, this was driving me crazy.

Just reporting in.... update went splendidly using the internet for the H. Flew this morning and the gimbal was off in smart mode after about 5 mins. Came home, recalibrated the gimbal. Slung the back pack on with just the H, two batteries and the wizard only. Onto the mountain bike!!

Launched it... all fine except that it loses the camera when raising gear (this doesn't happen with the st-16 so far). Put it in smart mode, enabled the realsense (limited speed to 11mph). Hit record and rode away....

AWESOME.... worked brilliantly... I wasn't that brave with the batteries so only flew about 10 mins on each. Peoples faces were great as I passed them screaming 'They are here.... run....'.

Hope this helps peoples confidence somewhat.... Cheers. Chris.

Reactions: Merse and John S
Am i the only one that is still having problems with the h after the latest update
My h is still drifting to one side and it is not holding by gps
I have update my h the right way with help of the video from yuneec
I am really desperate at the moment

Reactions: tranmission man
Launched it... all fine except that it loses the camera when raising gear (this doesn't happen with the st-16 so far). Put it in smart mode, enabled the realsense (limited speed to 11mph). Hit record and rode away....

Ha! That is so cool. I can see their faces now. :eek::eek: If the video turned out please share it with us in the Pic/Video section.:)

Reactions: John S
Am i the only one that is still having problems with the h after the latest update

Frank,
Have a look here: ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

Make sure your tilt and rabbit/turtle sliders are in the MIDDLE before you start.
took me 3 tries to get it right but fixed my drift problem.

Sorry to hear that. None of the recent updates seem to correct pre-existing problems.

Have you redone the 3 Calibrations? Let me add that doing the doggone Compass cal. is tricky. Important to read or watch the procedure and follow the recommendations. Remove the props, some folks also remove the camera/gimbal. If you are familiar with removing the camera, do that.
Even knowing how to do the Compass, I often have to try 3 times to get it right.

Good luck, tell us how you make out. If the condition still persists call Yuneec tomorrow.

Everything checks out fine on my hardware monitor.
However, I am still having problems with my gimbal.

@Rayray
Yes,
If using the "Channel Settings"
You will see that when you move the sticks around, they are:
1) Not at ZERO when left untouched.
2) When moved to full throw, one direction will not read 0% (zero) or 100% depending on direction of movement. Some of the sticks center is 50% when centered, others zero is centered and they go to +100% and -100%
Mine had a slight left drift, (Aileron J4) read -3% with stick centered. doing the calibrations brought it back to 0%.

You are NOT adjusting any of the curves, just telling the ST-16 where center and full throw are.

Okay, so mine all are looking centered.
That would mean that a ST16 calibration would not fix my problem.

Last edited:
@Rayray
Yes,
If using the "Channel Settings"
You will see that when you move the sticks around, they are:
1) Not at ZERO when left untouched.
2) When moved to full throw, one direction will not read 0% (zero) or 100% depending on direction of movement. Some of the sticks center is 50% when centered, others zero is centered and they go to +100% and -100%
Mine had a slight left drift, (Aileron J4) read -3% with stick centered. doing the calibrations brought it back to 0%.

You are NOT adjusting any of the curves, just telling the ST-16 where center and full throw are.
Oke i will give it a try
hopefully it works
Fingers crossed
If its working i will let you know

David,
What are you seeing when giving FULL deflection of the sticks? It should be equal on both sides of center. Your Turtle/Rabbit slider WILL reduce what full deflection reads.

As a side note, I just tried getting into it, and it will not let me. It did work on the 24b firmware, I hope they did not lock us out in the 25b firmware. I will give Yuneec a call tomorrow and let everyone know.
If you can still get into it, let me know.

Darn, it is raining out and I wana go fly!!!!!!

Last edited:
Completed the update yesterday. ST16 update off the SD card went fine. Cleared app cache per vid. The OTA update for the H failed with an error message about 'http...' Updated the H via SD card and that went smoothly. Flew 4 batt packs yesterday without any problems, and it was a little windy.

Addendum: here's a vid I shot yesterday in windy conditions; orbit mode around me and my Pike Perfection F5J glider.

Last edited:
ok i did the compass cal made two flights took some videos and all looks good ,it is a little winding down here
in florida i would say 10 to 15 mph with gusts to maybe 20 but it flew real nice boy do i like this copter

Completed the update yesterday. ST16 update of the SD card went fine. Cleared app cache per vid. The OTA update for the H failed with an error message about 'http...'

Had the same http issue. Usually associated with a time out on startup. You can verify on the about controller as the firmware for the autopilot will show "request timed out". I rebooted both units, waited for live video and all was well.

I try update too, succesfully updated st16, cleared flight data like on video, and started update H from sd card, something goes wrong and update procedure freeze, waited long time and finally taked battery off because nothing else happened and power button dont respond, and now i have bricked fc, no lights and no start sounds on H.

Oke i will give it a try
hopefully it works
Fingers crossed
If its working i will let you know
I have try it several times but nothing works i think the stick is malfunction
But now i want call yuneec but my spoken English is not good
Does anyone know if i can call yuneec and speak Dutch

Tried the update this afternoon. The ST16 went ok but the H update failed.
I used the OTA and the download worked, stage 1 of the update worked but stage 2 (the checking bit) failed due to 'Request time out' and error code 80002.
Any suggestions before I phone Yuneec UK tomorrow?

I have try it several times but nothing works i think the stick is malfunction
But now i want call yuneec but my spoken English is not good
Does anyone know if i can call yuneec and speak Dutch
Frank,
Europese Yuneec steun bevindt zich in Duitsland.
Ondersteuning Hotline Duitsland
+49 4191 932620
Hoe is uw Duitse? Mijn Nederlands is zeer slecht na teveel jaar geen gebruik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace