Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, I had other chores to do, finally got around to checking out the updates this afternoon. Yuneec apparently claims you can do both the ST-16 and Craft updates online. I do not know for sure.

I updated the ST-16 the traditional way, card in the ST-16. Went smooth. Then without going back to the video to watch, I winged it, turned on craft, went into pad wi-fi, connected to my router, and started the craft update. Indeed it downloaded, started updating, but after a bit it said camera update failed.

OK, I got the 16 GB card back, put the Drone V3 firmware on it, stuck it in the camera and had it updated in a few. No sweat.

Just now flew that sucker, the RealSense Pro, through one battery with no probs. I did not calibrate anything but will tomorrow (Green Arrow worked correctly) Did turn GPS off, on, off, on. Once it wanted to speed up a moment as the GPS turned on but that did not repeat.
To clarify......future updates can be done online after the ST16 has this update loaded. You will still need the sd card in the camera before downloading because the H needs a place to store the update.

hello pilot

yesterday i install the new filmware in my h.
so im from europe and i made the mistake and i install the usa filmware for the drone.
for st16 the filmware is for europe. i download the true filmware after but when im going to install it it says that is the latest filmware. so what gonna happen if i use my drone with the usa filmware ?
and can i make something like downgrade or reinstall older filmware?

i need your help please
Don't worry it will fly great on the standard firmware. I'm based in Ireland and have been using the standard for a couple of months now and get better range as the transmitter runs at a higher power on the standard compared to tu EU
;)

Don't worry it will fly great on the standard firmware. I'm based in Ireland and have been using the standard for a couple of months now and get better range as the transmitter runs at a higher power on the standard compared to tu EU
;)
If I am not mistaken, Yuneec advertise the same range for EU and USA versions 1.6km/1 mile.

Has anyone tried the EU version?
There are still video interruptions when retracting the carriage, and other random video interruptions?

Reactions: Johnny Cage
To clarify......future updates can be done online after the ST16 has this update loaded. You will still need the sd card in the camera before downloading because the H needs a place to store the update.

Card was in the camera...no problem, I'll play with that later. I'm probably gonna do future updates with the card alone. I don't like my Wi-Fi net to be open much, lol.

Card was in the camera...no problem, I'll play with that later. I'm probably gonna do future updates with the card alone. I don't like my Wi-Fi net to be open much, lol.
Did you clear out flight history and rebind as the video states? It says this is important

Did the install. Had to rebind. Did all the calibrations with power-cycles inbetween each calibration. Ran 3 packs through it. Rock solid! Took it up to 400' and out to 1500'. Used tried a few of the functions. No issues.

A couple things I noticed. When doing the CC the darn camera got stuck in some weird orientation and you could see the motor struggling to correct it. A simple power cycle and it returned to normal. Did notice on the first power-up, it said, GPS Lost for a second.. Never saw it again.

Something that looks fixed is that ever since it came back from Yuneec CS if I hovered and did a slow 360 after it returns to center it would start to drift and even do a mild circular movement. That didn't happen post-upgrade... Happy with my H again!

I noticed out of 6 quick flights yesterday the first 4 being hover and go tests the footage shows the camera liking slantwise at the ground I thought it was me mistakenly rotating it but it was crooked angle is what bothered me
After that my next 2 seemed completely normal so maybe it wasn't me so I'll recal humble next time didn't know motors were stressed

I completed my upgrade this morning with some minor quirks during the upgrade process, but all the steps completed. The odd thing I noticed is that I cannot do a Compass calibration, the menu option is available, but the interface will not respond to me pressing the Calibrate Compass option. The second thing, is that although everything is bound, I get a warning message at the top of my screen saying the camera is not available, even though I have a live picture and was able to take pictures/video and test out the new camera features. Also, it took a while for me to get off the ground, I kept getting a red/green flashing light and sometime solid white....I restarted the drone a couple times and then it cleared up so I had the purple light and was able to fly.

Last edited:
Updated my ST-16 per the video. All went 100% without any problems.(Don't forget to clear your data)
Did the H update via WiFi, and that to went exactly as shown in the video.
Rebound everything.
RECALIBRATED everything (Compass, accelerometer, and gimbal)
Played around with some of the settings. I noticed everything reverted back to metric. Easy fix, I also had to reselect advanced mode.
Going to go out in a bit and try this new stuff out. A bit windy here today but no big deal for the H.

Interesting observation:
Placed my H outside, turned on the ST-16, the the H.
14 Satellites on the H, 8 on my ST-16. Tail light SOLID purple. St-16 indicated that GPS was acquired. No intermittent Purple/White flashes on the tail light. As soon as my ST-16 indicated 10 satellites, tail light became solid Purple, quick White flash, solid Purple.
Powered everything down, and tried again. NO purple white flash until the ST-16 indicated 10 satellites. Hmmmm.
Left the H outside powered on, brought the ST-16 inside (still powered on) soon as the ST-16 lost GPS tail light went back to solid purple.

Reactions: Marco Falchi
Interesting observation:
Placed my H outside, turned on the ST-16, the the H.
14 Satellites on the H, 8 on my ST-16. Tail light SOLID purple. St-16 indicated that GPS was acquired. No intermittent Purple/White flashes on the tail light. As soon as my ST-16 indicated 10 satellites, tail light became solid Purple, quick White flash, solid Purple.
Powered everything down, and tried again. NO purple white flash until the ST-16 indicated 10 satellites. Hmmmm.
Left the H outside powered on, brought the ST-16 inside (still powered on) soon as the ST-16 lost GPS tail light went back to solid purple.

Thx BobW55.

When I try to update, the ST16 keeps saying "Update package not find!"

I have verified and the file is on the sd card.

I had that happen for the first time ever , with this update -- Two things, make sure you do not use IE to download the files , we have found in the past it renames them, and second there are two routes to the update path/from the tablet mode and from the controller. But first I would format the SD card in the controller, and then put the file on the card then update as you do it normally. -- Just how I did it and it took first time..

I just checked and the SD card was not mounted through the Android settings.
After reformatting and mounting the SD card, the update is working now.

Reactions: Brian Mackey

That error in my experience is the wrong formatting of the sd card. Use the drone to format the card and you should be fine. Theee is settings in there somewhere to do that. If you know how to changing for aging to fat16 I think was required, then you can do it on a computer.

Others have reported that the larger cards don't work for firmware updates in some cases also but I don't know why that's the case. I have done with with 8, 16 and 64 gin myself.

Either way your next logical step is checking the formatting. Also don't have any files on the card. The other thing that people have commented on is downloading the file with some browsers changed the file. It should have a .yuneec extension. There is a thread here somewhere that talks about that. I think the end result was chrome did it right without much user input.

Good luck

More flight observations.
VERY VERY Stable. Wind is 15 MPH with gust to 25 here today. (Measured at my house)
Low to the ground about 8 feet up, she bounced around quite a bit, as expected. Took her about 25 feet up very stable.
Turtle mode is now very smooth, very little tilt even doing aggressive stick controls. Old firmware was very jerky. Full rabbit mode and you better be on your game. To me much more aggressive tilt angles when full stick was applied from a hover. Doing quick roll movements (right stick left/right) as fast as I could, one point I thought I would roll her. 29 MPH flat out (GPS on) was the best I could get.
Took her about 500 feet down range, 30 feet up. Hit RTH, took about 5 seconds to kick in. She turned to face me, lowered the landing gear, rose up to the set 100 feet and came home. I would have let it auto land but too windy. As before you still have stick control during RTH.
I could not get the panorama to work, but I think it is pilot error, will have to re-read the settings for that.
I just let it hover 10 feet up for 5 minutes, and she stayed right there.
I noticed that the low battery warning came on at 14.3 volts, (Would still like to be able to set that myself) If I was out over water or really far out, I would prefer to have it at a higher level.
Over all I am very impressed. Now if all the new camera features work, ( I know others have had success with them). I only had one battery charged up.
I sure hope I can mark this one as a winner winner chicken dinner!!:D

Reactions: Drone_Video
Completed update the October firmware, and do all the calibration and test fly and no problem at all, very stable

Was hoping the new panorama feature would stitch the images together, but just creates individual shots. Still unable to get the calibrate compass function to respond to onscreen tap (now doing it with accelerometer as well....maybe the system recognizes it doesn't need to do it?)

Completed update EU version or at least the one on the Yuneec UK website, All went as the video said. No shortening of time to connect though still at 100 secs. One odd thing when I pressed the increase aperture toggle button a splash screen shot out with instructions on it. Try as I did the only way to get rid of this splash screen was land and restart. I did this twice and got fed up and never persevered. Tried the LED switch and as I was filming a dusk I suddenly could not see the drone! Caution.Met taht Daniel at Yuneec UK one time a very funny bloke very competent on the H system.

Upgrade carried out without problems, via SD cards only (I did not use OTA).
The connection time of H, for the standard version of the firmware, remained 43 sec., as with previous versions.
I have not yet performed flight test, but I had a nice surprise: the Metering Mode "spot" method is also active for the videos (very useful to contrast shots).
I hope to do the test flight tomorrow.

Reactions: Michael Brown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430