Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Before starting this update please watch the video. This update is a bit different than previous ones. Pay particular attention to min 2:18 on the video. You need to erase previous flight data before updating the H.
I will add a survey to this post at a later date.

PLEASE.......limit discussion on this post to this update. This is intended to be informational to those who are looking for answers.

Last edited:
Just completed upgrade and bird is unflyable, telling me it is operating on a 5 rotor model land immediately motors jerking transmitter vibrating, no idea what is happening to my bird,will try it all again and see.

There is no longer the European version?
===================================
Auto-answer: sry, in UK site exists:

Firmware

Last edited:
Tested about 8 minutes flight all good, video in wrong mode :) going back out for pics and vid -- No flying issues at all

Followed video as well and went smoothly until turned it on, will try again tomorrow, don't know why but it thinks I'm flying a 5 rotor model

Followed Video. Went smoothly, at first it couldn't find the update on the SD, rebooted and it worked. Flew about 20 min. first 3-4 minutes, seemed a little drifty, and like it was on its' own. Recalibrate compass in field, originally I did it at home; and then it was very, very smooth. Dis a lot of low ground flying, and it held really steady trying to avoid obstacles, no drifting. Once I totally lost orientation, I thought it was going to go into trees and wires, and i put it in smart mode, to re-orient to me, and wasn't looking and actually hit RTH. I was very lucky it got out of the mess, and shot up and came back about 150ft, and landed really nice. Then took it up about 220ft. and did a 360 pan, and it was really stable, and brought it down, went around field, and brought it back and landed. ZERO problems!

Last edited:
Mine seems a little quirkey when hovering so Compass again a couple times next flight but other than that flies straight -- do not like the fact I can no longer turn off the trim buttons

Last edited:
hello pilots.
yesterday i install the new filmware in my h.
so im from europe and i made the mistake and i install the usa filmware for the drone.
for st16 the filmware is for europe. i download the true filmware after but when im going to install it it says that is the latest filmware. so what gonna happen if i use my drone with the usa filmware ?
and can i make something like downgrade or reinstall older filmware?

i need your help please

hello pilot

so im from europe and i made the mistake and i install the usa filmware for the drone.
for st16 the filmware is for europe. i download the true filmware after but when im going to install it it says that is the latest filmware. so what gonna happen if i use my drone with the usa filmware ?

i need your help please

hello pilot

i need your help please

I would call Yuneec!

Did the firmware update tonight and camera works great! Love the new features. Have not flown it yet as it is pitch black and raining outside.

NOTE: If you don't have internet access you can just download the TYPHOON VER 3.0 bin file from the Yuneec website and stick it in your Typhoon, then select UPDATE on the ST16 for the Typhoon portion.

Did the install. Had to rebind. Did all the calibrations with power-cycles inbetween each calibration. Ran 3 packs through it. Rock solid! Took it up to 400' and out to 1500'. Used tried a few of the functions. No issues.

A couple things I noticed. When doing the CC the darn camera got stuck in some weird orientation and you could see the motor struggling to correct it. A simple power cycle and it returned to normal. Did notice on the first power-up, it said, GPS Lost for a second.. Never saw it again.

Something that looks fixed is that ever since it came back from Yuneec CS if I hovered and did a slow 360 after it returns to center it would start to drift and even do a mild circular movement. That didn't happen post-upgrade... Happy with my H again!

Reactions: Jamie Lewis
My input is to do several compass and accell calibrations powering off the H in between just get it locked in :) Mine has never flown better! And I believe it was Pat that said dont turn the H on then carry it to your launch location, as it can change the accell settings, start your H at the launch point.. These are things I did today and man worries dissolving :)

Reactions: QuadBart
Steve, I had other chores to do, finally got around to checking out the updates this afternoon. Yuneec apparently claims you can do both the ST-16 and Craft updates online. I do not know for sure.

I updated the ST-16 the traditional way, card in the ST-16. Went smooth. Then without going back to the video to watch, I winged it, turned on craft, went into pad wi-fi, connected to my router, and started the craft update. Indeed it downloaded, started updating, but after a bit it said camera update failed.

OK, I got the 16 GB card back, put the Drone V3 firmware on it, stuck it in the camera and had it updated in a few. No sweat.

Just now flew that sucker, the RealSense Pro, through one battery with no probs. I did not calibrate anything but will tomorrow (Green Arrow worked correctly) Did turn GPS off, on, off, on. Once it wanted to speed up a moment as the GPS turned on but that did not repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval