Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
Updated this morning no issues at all with OTA. Accel cal was easy still need to do the compass cal.

A couple observations. Seems my IQ is better than with previous Cal's. The last firmware flew better than the previous, more solid feel and less of the hex shimmy and bobble. Still had a little drift but doing a compass cal on location seems to help.

My biggest issue for the last few updates is in follow mode. I clock the H at my 11 O'clock position, at about 10 mph the H continues to follow but the H and camera rotate around to face the direction of travel as if it were trying to aim real sense, but I don't have real sense. So I slow down, reset watch me and I'm good till I hit 10 mph. Occurred that I should try different pan modes, maybe the H will rotate but the gimbal will stay in Watch Me. I didn't have to do that before and followed off my front fender to over 40 mph.

Did the new firmware update ("A" version via sd card) on the ST16 and the H without RealSense.

The update has generated me a dramatic situation.

Now no longer work:
- All calibrations: icon and menu are active, but nothing happens
- All functions : icon and menu are active, but nothing happens
- See me: the icon returns to "follow me" just I release my finger, and does not work

Cool fact: without the camera (take it off before to do compass calibration), now the calibration icon remains inactive.

TH flies normally, and the pictures and video functions are regular (even the latest, such as 360 ° photos).
As before, the Typhoon has a slight drift at low altitude, and corrects abruptly.

The connection time is reduced from 47 to 40 sec.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
No issues with the update, however the H is now limited to 400 feet. When entering the GUI to change the setting it will accept the change however the H will not respond to the change and even though shown as changed it will not go above 400 ft. For most, I'm sure this is no problem. I inspect towers and this puts my H down until fixed. For now I downgraded firmware on the H only and will try again once the weather has cleared to see if it fixes the problem.

Once again I tried and tried to update using the OTA method for both the ST16 and the H, I did do the previous update to be able to do the OTA updating, however for some reason my ST16 will not connect to my wifi. I follow the update video exactly but can't connect. I'm wondering if when it asks for a password and I just tap ok and don't enter a password because my wifi is NOT password protected, could this be the problem, must you enter a password ?? Now when I go to the tablet mode and try to connect to my wifi there is no problem, connects pretty quick. Do I need to connect to my wifi before I do the update? I'll try again with the OTA on the next update. Anyways .. I was able to update with sdhc cards on both the ST16 and the H and it went well .. did all the calibrations ... went for a short flight (one battery) .. tried some functions and everything seemed to work good ... was nice and stable ... again I noticed the H seemed to be very quick and a bit jerky with the slightest movement of the sticks in both turtle and rabbit modes ... nothing that I can't get use to though. Really lovin' this machine ... really likin' all these new features.

Is anyone else having problems updating with OTA ???

I have installed the latest firmware and went flying today. Even we had quite strong winds the typhoon flew rock solid. Usually I am hand catching the Drone but when I had the typhoon's landing gear in my hand and
pulled down the throttle stick the motors didn't went into idle mode. Instead the typhoon tried to somehow escape my grip. Of course I didn't let it go. At least the power off button worked to stop the engines.

I restarted the typhoon and tried it again with the same result.

Then I tried to land it on the ground and this worked as it should. Pulling down throttle put the engines on idle mode.

Very strange and I am wondering if someone of you experienced the same.

Cheers

Beat

I have installed the latest firmware and went flying today. Even we had quite strong winds the typhoon flew rock solid. Usually I am hand catching the Drone but when I had the typhoon's landing gear in my hand and
pulled down the throttle stick the motors didn't went into idle mode. Instead the typhoon tried to somehow escape my grip. Of course I didn't let it go. At least the power off button worked to stop the engines.

Then I tried to land it on the ground and this worked as it should. Pulling down throttle put the engines on idle mode.

Cheers

Beat

Same here. Test flight in backyard with some wind and very wet. I went to the hand catch to keep my sneakers dry and had the same issue. Twice. Motors did not go to idle on throttle down in my hand. As you, hit the stop button with the H pulling a bit.

Cheers

Beat

I have. I keep my finger on stop before I grab ready to press on first contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After installing both updates TX and RX, I am unable to calibrate any of the functions! No Compass Calibration, No Accelerometer Calibration, No Gimbal Calibration!

Any ideas. I guess I can try the card method and try to reinstall.

Completed upgrade to B27 and 3.01. Compass and Accelerometer calibrations completed.
Noted issues: 1) Landing -- will touch down then jump back up as if the ground is hot. Takes a couple tries to put it down. 2) The ST controller has a weird vibration / humming when booting but goes away after it boots completely. All else worked well with some annoyances below>

I wish Yuneec could change a few things:
- Why do I have to go into video to set the photo resolution? Be nice to set camera photo resolution on its own rather than having to bounce back and forth if video set to 1080, but 4k images are desired. Time and battery consuming process. Messing with these settings mid-flight is not best.
- Panorama mode: nice -- but once a pan is complete it stays that way and the next image you take starts a pan when only an image is needed. Have to go back to camera settings again -- uggg. Be nice to have Pan with POI or CC functions rather than a camera setting. Again, too much fiddling with settings while in flight -- should be actions not settings.
- Don't need the reminder about what the left and right trim buttons do (camera exposure and trim). What an annoyance to have to clear that screen when used. Can't a bit be set that once it's displayed, it won't come up again on subsequent flights?
- Camera Up/Down controller wheel is too sensitive -- looked in rc settings, but don't see where it can be adjusted to be less sensitive.
- Camera exposure point (average, center, spot) has to be re-set every time it's powered off? Can't this please be a stored setting? Again, more fiddling with settings when it should be in the air flying.
- Low Battery Warning -- Really? At about 45% the RED WARNING begins to appear! And continues to appear over and over! Can't continue flying and end up with 40% battery (14.5v) or so remaining. It's ok to get the warning once, but to continue obstructing vision with it is both dangerous and annoying. A small perimeter flashing icon would be good and a setting for this value is needed to 1) Announce low battery, and 2) to initiate return to home. AND PLEASE CHANGE VOLTAGE DISPLAY TO % Percentage or at least have an option for either way.
- Loss of Remote GPS -- how annoying! The haptic feedback and obliterating message with the sound when inside or when it's put down to do a compass calibration is an annoyance. Show once and flash the GPS icon after is sufficient.
- A sun shade/hood is needed for the camera -- almost impossible to mount anything on the lens to block harsh sun. Should be addressed.
- ALL - check your shell screws (10 underside). I found one missing. All others were sufficiently tight leading me to believe it was never installed but just don't know -- check them.

Overall -- great platform -- just needs some user-centric controls and settings polish

-

My main question for the firmware is.......when will they shorten time for connection to the camera, after ST16 and copter are powered up. Why this can't be quicker, like in 10 seconds or less ?

Completed upgrade to B27 and 3.01. Compass and Accelerometer calibrations completed.
Noted issues: 1) Landing -- will touch down then jump back up as if the ground is hot. Takes a couple tries to put it down. 2) The ST controller has a weird vibration / humming when booting but goes away after it boots completely. All else worked well with some annoyances below>

I wish Yuneec could change a few things:
- Why do I have to go into video to set the photo resolution? Be nice to set camera photo resolution on its own rather than having to bounce back and forth if video set to 1080, but 4k images are desired. Time and battery consuming process. Messing with these settings mid-flight is not best.
- Panorama mode: nice -- but once a pan is complete it stays that way and the next image you take starts a pan when only an image is needed. Have to go back to camera settings again -- uggg. Be nice to have Pan with POI or CC functions rather than a camera setting. Again, too much fiddling with settings while in flight -- should be actions not settings.
- Don't need the reminder about what the left and right trim buttons do (camera exposure and trim). What an annoyance to have to clear that screen when used. Can't a bit be set that once it's displayed, it won't come up again on subsequent flights?
- Camera Up/Down controller wheel is too sensitive -- looked in rc settings, but don't see where it can be adjusted to be less sensitive.
- Camera exposure point (average, center, spot) has to be re-set every time it's powered off? Can't this please be a stored setting? Again, more fiddling with settings when it should be in the air flying.
- Low Battery Warning -- Really? At about 45% the RED WARNING begins to appear! And continues to appear over and over! Can't continue flying and end up with 40% battery (14.5v) or so remaining. It's ok to get the warning once, but to continue obstructing vision with it is both dangerous and annoying. A small perimeter flashing icon would be good and a setting for this value is needed to 1) Announce low battery, and 2) to initiate return to home. AND PLEASE CHANGE VOLTAGE DISPLAY TO % Percentage or at least have an option for either way.
- Loss of Remote GPS -- how annoying! The haptic feedback and obliterating message with the sound when inside or when it's put down to do a compass calibration is an annoyance. Show once and flash the GPS icon after is sufficient.
- A sun shade/hood is needed for the camera -- almost impossible to mount anything on the lens to block harsh sun. Should be addressed.
- ALL - check your shell screws (10 underside). I found one missing. All others were sufficiently tight leading me to believe it was never installed but just don't know -- check them.

Overall -- great platform -- just needs some user-centric controls and settings polish

-

All of these are valid and bug me a bit also. I've not experienced the battery warning so early as I generally use 3 5 min video dumps as my flight window and anything over is a bonus. I've not taken much stills at all prior to the pano addition and yeah it's a lot of screen touching so I generally land and reset for my changes. Good shots require fiddling on any platform including real cameras. I use my Q500 for test shots and passes to show POV to my clients that we will have with the TH on the real action shot. I can look at comparable footage on my laptop on site and discuss how best to capture the scene and not burn any battery time on the H. That's working well for me and the 500 vids are good for potential b roll.

CraigCam:

Are you able to calibrate everything on H?

All my calibration buttons don't function. You can click on them all you want, but nothing happens at the aircraft.

Appreciate anyones help!

Thanks,

Jeff

CraigCam:

Are you able to calibrate everything on H?

All my calibration buttons don't function. You can click on them all you want, but nothing happens at the aircraft.

Appreciate anyones help!

Thanks,

Jeff

I would re-bind to the H, to ensure you have a fully working connection to the ST-16.

No issues with the update, however the H is now limited to 400 feet. When entering the GUI to change the setting it will accept the change however the H will not respond to the change and even though shown as changed it will not go above 400 ft. For most, I'm sure this is no problem. I inspect towers and this puts my H down until fixed. For now I downgraded firmware on the H only and will try again once the weather has cleared to see if it fixes the problem.

Just had a phone call back from Yuneec UK after I reported the issue this morning. I was told the height limit was not intentional and was a bug in the firmware. They are working on a fix.

Reactions: Nateb006
I would re-bind to the H, to ensure you have a fully working connection to the ST-16.
Tried to Rebind the Aircraft and Camera. It took a couple of reboots on the aircraft, but finally went into BIND Mode!

Refreshed it, came up with the Receiver and Camera. Clicked the BIND button and it said it took.

However, the Calibration buttons still don't work!

Any Ideas?

I just returned from 2 flights and it seems that my copter still suffers from toilet bowl, drifting and other stuff.
But what is weird is that first flight was completely with bugs:
- toilet bowl
- I steer forward and copter is going left
- don't want to go down or very slowly
- lost of video feed at about 200 meters

and when I power it down, replaced battery, second flight was without any problems at the same location.

Previously I reported that while I was on Autopilot 1.26 (firmware 2.21), everything was fine, never problems. But after I upgraded to FW 2.25 this problem starts. Then I went back to FW 2.21 and again everything was fine. Now I am on this FW 3.01 and problems are the same with some new. So it seems it is better to send it for the service.

Wow, what a weekend of trying to get this update to work. Still not sure if everything is working. Had to use the GUI to flash the firmware. After using the team mode to force the H into bind mode, I was able to load the firmware??? Now on the home screen I show that everything is working is connected to the H, but when I go to system settings I dont see any model connected. CGO3P shows connected. Anyone have any suggestions? I also have both wifi connections showing in the upper right corner, but only have a 5.8 number no 2.4? Also just discovered that my calibration buttons do not work.

Update: Talked with Yuneec and I am sending the unit to them. Thanks for everyones help in trying to resolve this issue.

Last edited:
What happens when you hit refresh? Did you clear flight data and reselect the model? I know those are obvious questions so please don't be offended by the query but I've found the model set up explanations confusing depending upon which tutorials you view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430