Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
When I first got my typhoon h pro landing gear didn't go up I tryed. Holding it upside down and that didn't work .but I found a short message somewhere on this or another forum .it said remove battery from TH. Hold down power button for about 20 seconds. Release button put freshly charged battery in and power it up . I did this and ever since landing gear works flawlessly.

Reactions: Ward Paterson
Did update today via SD, good so far, like the new redundancy look, and it even fixed my one LED problem! I will check flying capabilities this weekend.

OK, got it all fixed. The Culprit was the ST16 Transmitter. You have to go into the PAD section and find the Typhoon H in the Apps section. Then Clear the Data files out!

Once you do this, everything works fine.

Would be so nice if Yuneec would publish this information someplace! ARE YOU LISTENING YUNEEC?
Yuneec did publish this and so did Captain Drone!

Reactions: Ward Paterson
Hello Rubik, no I am afraid my brain was not engaged properly at the time as I was wrestling with the copter, I did not think to turn off the GPS!

Since posting that last message, I have received a bit of a downer, because CS in the UK emailed me and said they could not deal with the issue because the machine had been sent over from the United States and therefore had worldwide firmware onboard (not EU variant), despite it being bought in the UK (with British pounds), and me living in the UK. Yuneec America has come back to me this morning and said that the UK customer services are wrong, so I guess I am now going to have a battle on my hands. I do not care who sorts it out, but I want it done as quickly as possible, and not to cost me a shedload of money!

At the moment I am in correspondence with SLRHut.co.uk the company I bought it from, to see what they can do. If no-one takes responsibility very soon to help me get over this issue, I will have to resort to my consumer rights and start to (metaphorically) stamp my feet!

Regards

Update on the message above, I received my TH back from Yuneec UK earlier this week. According to the enclosed worksheet, the firmware had not installed and updated fully but they have now reinstalled it, done a test flight and signed the machine off as flying and functioning OK. I am mystified why the firmware had not installed properly, as I followed the installation guidance to the letter.

I am now awaiting some decent weather to be able to get out, calibrate the compass, accelerometer and gimble, and then test fly it!

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Update on the message above, I received my TH back from Yuneec UK earlier this week. According to the enclosed worksheet, the firmware had not installed and updated fully but they have now reinstalled it, done a test flight and signed the machine off as flying and functioning OK. I am mystified why the firmware had not installed properly, as I followed the installation guidance to the letter.

I am now awaiting some decent weather to be able to get out, calibrate the compass, accelerometer and gimble, and then test fly it!

Merry Christmas everyone :)

That is very interesting. Perhaps you can send them a quick email and ask them how they were able to determine that the firmware was not completely installed? That might resolve some of the issues that folks have. It would be nice to have a way to validate the update.

That is very interesting. Perhaps you can send them a quick email and ask them how they were able to determine that the firmware was not completely installed? That might resolve some of the issues that folks have. It would be nice to have a way to validate the update.

Yup, I will fire off a quick email and ask the question, but very possible I will not get a response back before the New Year as most firms seem to be shutting up shop ready for the holidays.

Reactions: CraigCam
I received my Typhoon H back from service too (actually it was replacement) before couple of days and haven't yet tested if everything is OK.
There is this weird thing with gimbal happening so I was wondering if anyone of you has this. First when I start calibrating gimbal it shakes to one side and calibration is not performed centered forward. Nevertheless when I restart copter it seems all is centered. But there is another thing going on. When I switch OFF copter, camera goes right and up and this is happening everytime copter is switched OFF. never had this situation before.

I received my Typhoon H back from service too (actually it was replacement) before couple of days and haven't yet tested if everything is OK.
There is this weird thing with gimbal happening so I was wondering if anyone of you has this. First when I start calibrating gimbal it shakes to one side and calibration is not performed centered forward. Nevertheless when I restart copter it seems all is centered. But there is another thing going on. When I switch OFF copter, camera goes right and up and this is happening everytime copter is switched OFF. never had this situation before.

The calibration does not end centered. There is nowhere where it's stated it should. Do not touch anything after calibration and restart the H. Make sure the pan knob is centered and both switches for tilt and pan control are up before starting calibration. When the motors relax the camera can swing anywhere once power is off so don't think what happens after it's off should be something to worry about. It's important to never turn on the H and let it initialize the gimbal with the lock cover on. Lastly, check to make sure everything moves freely when off and there is no clicking or resistant spots on the motors. If you do have motor issues it will most likely show up with the gimbal struggling with level and horizons will tilt and roll when you bank. That is typical on off balance rigs like go pro set ups but the centering of the ball camera for weight distribution really solves that problem and the H holds level horizon better than most in its class. Be patient, try again, test fly,look at video or pictures and learn to trust that it's ok and not every anomaly is indicative of a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: dxer
I did the update 2 days ago and I got out yesterday to try it out.
Anything seems fine and there are no errors in the flight logs and it feel a bit more responsive to the last update I did last time (Ver2.25) .
I did lose the camera signal when I put the legs down on one occasion.
and the camera still takes forever to connect. I did not try any on the flight modes as I was just trying it out in angle mode with gps on to see is I got any errors.
I still have the annoying white balance on the trim, I would like to use that for the shutter speed instead.

Miss H

I did the update 2 days ago and I got out yesterday to try it out.
Anything seems fine and there are no errors in the flight logs and it feel a bit more responsive to the last update I did last time (Ver2.25) .
I did lose the camera signal when I put the legs down on one occasion.
and the camera still takes forever to connect. I did not try any on the flight modes as I was just trying it out in angle mode with gps on to see is I got any errors.
I still have the annoying white balance on the trim, I would like to use that for the shutter speed instead.

Miss H
Abby, concerning your loss of camera signal when extending landing gear; check that the antenna wire right next to the retract motor is sticking out and routed as far away from the retract motor as possible (1/4"). Sometimes that wire gets caught up under the camera gimbal mount.

Reactions: Abby Harts
Well I did the update and now I'm getting compass errors. Never had a single compass error before this update and I had been holding off doing any updates (Think I was running b22 on st16 and v2.25) but decided to give it a go and wish I hadn't. Now I want to roll back the the firmware.
I rolled back with the restore firmware using the gui and that went fine but when I then tried putting v2.25 it would not install. I also tried v2.10 and v2.15 and none would install. I then tried v3.01 (OTA) and it installed fine. (but I don't want that as it gives me compass errors.)
What I haven't tried yet is downgrading the st16 first and then seeing if that lets me install the v2.25 firmware. Has anyone actually done a successful downgrade yet?
Any tips?

First, a question. Do you get the compass errors when you start the motors? If so, try this. Start the motors, get the error, stop the motors. Start the motors again and there shouldn't be any errors.

Some people have reported the issue resolved by rolling Auto Pilot back to version 1.29. You can follow the instructions in this thread here starting on page 9. New Firmware You will have to read through it a couple of times to figure out how to do it correctly, but essential, you are extracting AP 1.29 from the 3.0 firmware bin using 7-zip and then using the GUI to install just AP 1.29. The other benefit is that it restores your ability to fly over 400' if that's important to you.

First, a question. Do you get the compass errors when you start the motors? If so, try this. Start the motors, get the error, stop the motors. Start the motors again and there shouldn't be any errors.

Some people have reported the issue resolved by rolling Auto Pilot back to version 1.29. You can follow the instructions in this thread here starting on page 9. New Firmware You will have to read through it a couple of times to figure out how to do it correctly, but essential, you are extracting AP 1.29 from the 3.0 firmware bin using 7-zip and then using the GUI to install just AP 1.29. The other benefit is that it restores your ability to fly over 400' if that's important to you.

1.29 has some minor flaws with some of the new features but they do not affect normal stick flying.
Hope 1.32(?) AP gives back height control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Becaus of problems with previous H, last week I received another H as replacement. I did 2 flights last week and while there are no problem that i had before , now when I pull legs up, video brokes. Why is this happening ?
So today I had another two flights and on the first flight I had very strange behaviour. I was hovering like 3 meters from the ground , legs up and H was slow droping altitude and it was about to hit ground with camera so I power it up but when left it hovinering again it again drops altitude. You could hear how motors are producing this noise changing power. and it was drifting on it's own while hovering. After hovering I went for a flight and it was more/less OK. I am not sure what this IPS thing is doing as it seems it is not doing anything. I read somewhere that H could not land if legs are up but it seems this is not the case. I must say that that I flew in angle mode and RealSense OFF.

Didn't get the errors when starting motors, the errors are random.
I'll have a read through and try rolling back the AP to 1.29.
Minor flaws with features I can cope with, loss of control is another thing! I have my flight test in 2 weeks so I need a reliable, stable craft lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430