Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RUMOR - Yuneec Making Changes

Phaedrus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Got this off Facebook. Posted by a well kown and respected person:

This is JUST a rumor. Please don’t panic.

I’m hoping to confirm, or refute, that Yuneec is closing it’s US offices and moving it to the E.U.

This is ONLY a rumor, not fact. I’m only hearing it secondhand at this point. And only from one source.

I’d prefer to not turn this thread into a bunch of speculation.
If you have info and don’t want it public, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: RPR
Yuneec can’t afford to keep the lights on?

Not closing down, appears to be just US office. Consolidation. And like the title says, pure rumor right now. Soon everything will be DJI :mad:

Not closing down, appears to be just US office. Consolidation. And like the title says, pure rumor right now. Soon everything will be DJI :mad:

There is an old saying that I really enjoy. Some things are like the ocean: shallow enough for a child to wade in, yet deep enough that you will rarely see the bottom. Yuneec is close to one of those things...

The concept of a move would not surprise me. What would surprise me would be to learn they could afford renting a moving truck.

If the rumor was true it would be troubling as Yuneec sells more product in the U.S. than in any other country. We have the population numbers and disposable income others don’t. To abandon the location you sell the most product in is indicative of issues, real or anticipated, outside of sales volume or general margin profitability. Such a move would also severely limit customer service and consumer recourse.

I hope the rumor is false but if not Yuneec will be done in the U.S. market. The ship will have sank.

I listened to Fleetwood Mac Rumors today.

Sad to say, I think I can confirm the rumor. I'm wondering if KAV is going to take over some of the CS duties.

I think it's too early to really know what is happening. Lots of chains shaking right now. I'm confident we will get more accurate information over the next few days.

Reactions: RPR
This really throws a wrench into things. Where I work is currently putting together a UAV team, and we're looking to buy at least 4 H520's, with service plans. I have convinced them that DJI is a horrible choice, mainly due to the Chinese server login process, and that 6 is way better than 4. I personally would never buy a DJI product, but after seeing this, I'm starting to wonder if they would be a better option for my employer. And after my experience with KAV recently... ha! That place is a joke.

Maybe Yuneec and Best Buy (or some company?) has worked out an agreement to handle the US market??
At least my lawn mower is still alive, ahhh for now.

I am not sure it is time to panic. It is a global economy and as long as they maintain the ability to ship product and keep a service network up I am not sure it matters where their office is. They already farm out service, so that might have been part of the plan for some time. Time will tell.

Now, this is really a scary rumor since in my opinion, Yuneec has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. My drone with only 2 hours of flight time has been at National Radio since the end of December, and they still don't seem to know the problem. All I get is a run around from both NR and Yuneec. Very dissatisfied customer here. o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy