Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Chroma CGO2 that appears to have a faulty ST10+ controller, all stick functions appears normal on the test screen, but when connected to the Chroma, stick inputs to neutral do not transmit neutral to the drone. I've installed the lastest firmware on the ST10+, st10+v01b30c, with little if any effect. Any thoughts? This is the closest posting I have found relating to my fault.....hopefully someone can help.....thanks!

- Is the drone drifting? In what direction?
- Or is it harsh moving? Do all motors run in the correct direction? Test done with GUI?
- Can you please provide FlightLogs from this last testing? Just to see what is in Remote_*.csv.
- There is a hidden menu to calibrate the ST10. Have you already calibrated with that?

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
- Or is it harsh moving? Do all motors run in the correct direction? Test done with GUI?
- Can you please provide FlightLogs from this last testing? Just to see what is in Remote_*.csv.
- There is a hidden menu to calibrate the ST10. Have you already calibrated with that?

br HE
I have not done a free flight, afraid of it crashing or not coming back. The motor test using the gui, passed. Holding the drone in my hand, the movements seem harsh and erratic. All motors running in the proper direction. Hidden menu, not sure what to look for.... When the control sticks return to neutral, the drone should hover, the motors keep running in the last selected position, therefore the reason for no freeflight. Will try a low hover today....
ST

If you hold the drone in your hands, it tries to level it and works against your hands.
Remove the props and let it sit on the ground. Arm and check if motors running in idle mode. Then give some throttle and the motors should go common rpm.
Please note that in Stability or Agility flight mode, throttle is not holding altitude but thrust. Idle will then be on lowest position of the throttle stick, not in the middle.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
If you hold the drone in your hands, it tries to level it and works against your hands.
Remove the props and let it sit on the ground. Arm and check if motors running in idle mode. Then give some throttle and the motors should go common rpm.
Please note that in Stability or Agility flight mode, throttle is not holding altitude but thrust. Idle will then be on lowest position of the throttle stick, not in the middle.

br HE
You're right, I did a tethered flight and everything appeared normal, free flight was good, also! Just rust and jitters from the long winter, I guess.Thanks for your help :)

br HE
With ST10+ and Blade 4 Chroma: If my drone crashes and I have to locate it using Telemetry Logs, is there any choice other than remove the SD Card from the ST10+, and have a device with Excel on it, such as a tablet or laptop, to look at the Coodinates of the Crash? I wonder If I could load the coordinates onto a handheld GPS like my Garmin Montana.

Thanks

Stay Away from Trees!

Don’t open the files with Excel or most other spreadsheet programs as they tag the file (add a small data packet for their own use). You can get the program Q500log2kml by @h-elsner from his website Downloads. You can generate kml files to use in Google Earth to visualize the flight and a lot of other very useful things. It is free, small, and self contained. The kml files may be able to be used with the Garmin or be converted to a form the Garmin can use.

• Love
Reactions: Galici52
Don’t open the files with Excel or most other spreadsheet programs as they tag the file (add a small data packet for their own use). You can get the program Q500log2kml by @h-elsner from his website Downloads. You can generate kml files to use in Google Earth to visualize the flight and a lot of other very useful things. It is free, small, and self contained. The kml files may be able to be used with the Garmin or be converted to a form the Garmin can use.
I had my first look at this program and it is so very cool and I was able to get it to work without to much effort. It is very informative. I love the "Google Earth Option". Thanks again. Love it.

Stay Away From Trees

my blade was doing a front flip after a few months of being stored. I did a calibrate & that seems to be the fix ! was out flying some today NO PROBLEMS Do a compass & accelerometer Cal from the ST10 menu
2:20 ish

I built a Chroma today (this is #4). I bought a main board from BH photography for $134.00. I got it in under a week.

The motors won't fire until afull calibration is done.

Everything seem A-OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis