Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

This is Sweet! Intel Realsense & IPS Modules for Typhoon H

This Video is nothing more than marketing BS. Take a close look at the 'H' bodyshell. It is covered in sensors.......

AGREED......hence my "dog and pony show" comment.
Yuneec AND Intel put on an Impressive show built on BS........and are now in FACT struggling to make it a reality.

This came as a surprise to me. It would seem from the photos below that the Intel Realsense module is physically connected to the IPS module (one unit). But, on the Yuneec parts list, it shows the Intel Realsense and IPS modules as two separate units?????

The first few pictures are of the Intel Realsense module and how it connects to your Typhoon H... notice that the IPS module appears to be part of it. This tells me that since you get both, the price will be $300 and up (just a guess).

View attachment 1010

View attachment 1011

View attachment 1012

View attachment 1013

Andy......All trent is saying there is the drones camera will stay locked on to an object in follow me mode, while the drone moves ONLY in its forward direction.

If it encounters an object........IT STOPS from hitting the object. The drone will now have to take the time to "LOOK" right and or left before continuing movement, process what the sensor 'sees" THAN move a few feet left or right around that branch it saw..... while the object it was supposed to follow(say the wizard controller) continues on its way now 50-100 feet or more further away and likely out of sight of the spinning cgo camera, whos view of the object it was supposed to follow, blocked by the next branch of leaves.

I suppose it can be made to work as Trent suggests and as you interpret his explanation, but flight would HAVE to be EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW as the hex stops for objects in its way, than spins around, first looking right, to make sure nothing is in it way before it will move...... move a foot or 5.........than stop AGAIN and wait while it looks in the direction it was supposed to travel (following the wizard) before it will move again.

How do you think it knows when to move higher or lower.

I seem to remember seeing a Video of 'Trent Siggard' explaining how the Realsense module will work on the 'H'. Can't find the Video Now but it seems that when Realsense is fitted (and activated), the 'H' will only move in a forward direction, so that side and rear sensors are not needed. This is somehow linked with the Camera, as the Camera can rotate 360 degrees, there is no need for the 'H' to fly sideways or backwards. Below the 'H' is covered by the IPS module and there is NO 'Above' the 'H' sensors. I guess (?) if you move the RH Stick to the Left -or- Right - or- Down, the 'H' will rotate to that direction and only move forwards, leaving the Camera facing what was the old forward position (or locked to front position, depending on camera settings [PAN Switch]).
So is the rs and ips connect and play or do u specifically have to buy the typhoon h pro to have it? I ask because I see the base 1 on sale on amazon for $1,097.99 and was going to buy that 1 because $1,899.99 is basically 2 typhoon hs

How do you think it knows when to move higher or lower.

Based on watching mine navigate (Follow Me or Watch Me), As it "sees" an obstacle inside its cone of safety, it "looks" left-right-up-down to find a more clear path, at the same time still aware of the target it is tracking. The RS constructs a 3D map internally to aid this.

My RS appears to sense outward some 10-15', based on audible chirps from the ST-16. (Sounds like sonar looking for a sub.)

Reactions: abinder
Would be nice if all of those optical sensors were an option for the Typhoon H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are not optical sensors, just white balls. There were cameras in the room which recorded the positions of the H and the rider. This adaptation was necessary because GPS does not work indoors. The Realsense module still performed the obstacle avoidance, but used external cameras for position information instead of GPS. Now you know :)

So what do you think is better in yalls opinion just getting a regular TH and then adding the realsense later, or just buy a THP straight up? Also since the st16 on the pro had 3 antennas would we have to upgrade the st16 for the realsense for those with standard TH?

I haven't seen one yet, obviously, but my bet is that it is one assembly and when you add RealSense, the new module will be both and the reason it's two parts is because that's the way it is today.

So what do you think is better in yalls opinion just getting a regular TH and then adding the realsense later, or just buy a THP straight up? Also since the st16 on the pro had 3 antennas would we have to upgrade the st16 for the realsense for those with standard TH?

You want to know the real answer? Here's the one nobody wants to acknowledge.

There ain't going to be a hill of beans difference in performance. Wait and see.

Reactions: drone flyer
V

There ain't going to be a hill of beans difference in performance. Wait and see.[/QUOTE

There ain't going to be a hill of beans difference in performance. Wait and see.
Very true time will tell everything thanks for the response.

Hello everybody.

I hope I have understood everything correctly and I want you here give you some info's because I believe that is still missing.
Real Sense can an angle of 2x 65 °, ie 130 ° capture. This happens always forward, ie in the direction of flight. A change the flight direction, the Copter directed again in this direction, ie to rotate on the spot. He can turn correctly in place, the copter needed to IPS maintain the position accurately and not to drift. The result is an indirect 360 ° scan.

The IPS module is singly listed as a spare part, but can not be used alone, as the connection in Real Sense module takes place. Possibly that is still changing, but akueller stand is that it is not individually to acquire and the IPS.

greeting
Fan Tho Mass

german translate:
Hallo alle miteinander.

Ich hoffe, dass ich alles richtig verstanden habe und möchte Euch hier ein paar Info's geben, weil ich glaube, die fehlen noch.
RealSense kann einen Winkel von 2x 65°, also 130° erfassen. Diese geschieht immer nach vorn, also in Flugrichtung. Ändert sich die Flugrichtung, richtet sich der Copter wieder in diese Richtung aus, sprich er dreht sich auf der Stelle. Damit er sich korrekt auf der Stelle drehen kann, benötigt der Copter das IPS um die Position genau halten zu können und dabei nicht zu driften. So entsteht ein indirekter 360° Scan.

Das IPS-Modul ist zwar einzeln als Ersatzteil aufgeführt, kann aber nicht allein genutzt werden, da die Anbindung im RealSense Modul stattfindet. Eventuell wird das noch verändert, aber akueller Stand ist, das es das IPS nicht einzeln zu erweben ist.

Gruß
Fan Tho Mass

Has anyone heard when the IPS module while become available and if it can be utilized without the RealSense module?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval