Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Died in flight

Reaction score
So yesterday I took my typhoon H out, I lifted off & started moving forward. I was about 30 yards up and I got about 50 yards away when it shut off and hit the ground. Has anyone had this happen t them.

Now Christmas has passed I'm afraid we will see a lot more new member, first posts from people that had a problem. There have been several already.

It's sad to see new users have problems but I frequently wonder how many of those problems stem from unfamiliarity with the product and system. I do believe that haste makes waste.

Reactions: ArnhemAnt
Yes.....unfortunately will be a hard lesson for many people purchasing these things with no experience.
Not saying that this was pilot error though without proof.

I agree with BobW55 - most likely the battery wasn't seated all the way. It is deceiving the first time you try it. You really need to apply some pressure until you get a definitive "click". With it being a new drone, people (and I include myself) are hesitant to push too hard in fear of breaking it. It was only because I had read some posts prior to using the "H" that I knew I had to make sure the battery was completely seated.

But, as mentioned, the logs will tell the story.

Reactions: JulesTEO
Ya I am new to this, my battery was locked in. How do you check the flight logs.

You can find your flight logs on your ST16. If you have an Windows PC, you can start your ST16. Then connect the ST16 with
USB to your computer. The ST16 is a portable device ... look for the folder: FlightLog

i had same problem, not a first timer, but a 6 year professional user. Send it to Yuneec Europe and they said that it was due high magnetic interference... witch is not true.

Reactions: John F
My very first flight with the H I also failed to lock the battery fully in place. I was being kind of gentle with the unit as it was brand new and it represented an important amount of money, I didn't do any aggresive flying, but I did raise it straight up to 60 meters.

Luckily everything went without incident, but I remember thinking to myself "Huh, it looks kind of weird that the battery sticks a couple millimeters outside of the machine".

Very soon I learned about mid air blackouts, and it was until then that I realized how lucky I had been, and that I had to push the battery all the way in until the outer edges met the shell, not just until I heard a click.

Hope you get your unit back on the air soon!

Happened to me also. About the 20th flight. Battery clicked in place. Took off and about 25 of 30 feet up, it just died and crashed. Battery still firmly seated when retrieved. Yuneec fixed the H but now I have problems with the GPS.
Edit: Looking at the flight logs, it happened on Oct. 22nd and it was the 46th flight.

Last edited:
Sounds like another call to Yuneec is in order. It's quite possible some connection in the GPS was fractured and causes an intermittent circuit separation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now Christmas has passed I'm afraid we will see a lot more new member, first posts from people that had a problem. There have been several already.

It's sad to see new users have problems but I frequently wonder how many of those problems stem from unfamiliarity with the product and system. I do believe that haste makes waste.
I totally agree with u Pat

New guy here,
Thank you in advance for your knowledge and willingness to help others.
Asking for knowledge, I think is a great compliment.
We bought our H for fun and to easily monitor our farm.
Does anyone know the most efficient way to set up a home based transmitter station to get the maximum range of control?
Trying to monitor Angus cattle from inside the house. We where able to fly out approximately 1/4 mile before the images started having issue. Wondering if I can use a home mounted external yagi antenna to increase our range. The end of Our furthest pasture is about a mile away.
Thank you I really appreciate the knowledge and input of professionals with experience.

Did your aircraft suffer much damage? There could be a number of possibilities as the Typhoon H is obviously not designed to just fall out of the sky and you are generally given plenty of warning for a flat battery etc. What is the status of the battery now? It may be worth just running your motors on the ground without taking off to see if you experience any issues. Some have reported issues when they raise or lower the landing gear.

We all had to start somewhere!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well, i t happened again. Just fell out of the sky. Second crash since I've owned it. Haven't flow in very much but flew a battery the day before it crashed and flew well. The next day it was up in the air for about 3 or 4 minutes and it just fall out of the sky. No, the battery was secure and the voltage was over 16 when it crashed.This thing is too unreliable. I'm not putting any more money into it. I think I'll try a DJI.

Bob, as stated previously in this thread, if you provide the telemetry files people in this forum can determine what went wrong.

It would be interesting to look at the full telemetry from those flights. 16+ volts and just drops like a rock? There has to be some logical cause that the telemetry could uncover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro