Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using the Trim Function - Cruise Control

It’s the tool I use for most flights. You know where the H is going. The speed is stable, as fast or slow as you choose. You have time to focus on the video and camera controls without all the small directional changes that happen going back and forth between sticks and gimbal. Cruise Control is an almost perfect “dolly” for camera work.

Reactions: Graham
Out 2000', 15 feet off the deck, crawling at 1.5 mph following a small channel in a delta with only the trim 'pitch and roll'. I don't know if you can call them pitch and roll as you do not pitch or roll but rather forward, backward, left and right. Control was excellent; I was able to really focus on the shot where the sun was reflecting in the channel with some geese watching the H troll around. Some of the best video with regards to smoothness of the shot, capturing those 10 second sequences with no issues, and relaxing. At one point actually reversed direction to backup, left-right to center, reframe the shot and move forward again using only the trim. Awesome!

Was also able to add a couple ticks to the left or right to correct for wind in the bay (as Pat alluded to). So much easier!

Next, working on separate camera pans while flying FPV which was never in the wheel-house before.

Thanks Ty for a great video!

I also like to think of the right stick as pitch and roll - throttle and yaw is on the left. ;)

Absolutely correct[emoji4]. A story; Way back when I took my Private Pilot flight test I failed it the first time around. The examiner told me if I wanted to be a pilot I needed to think, act, and talk like one, which included using the correct terminology.

I did horrible on my flight test I thought I was going to fail, however when the flight instructor had me file a flight plane from Pueblo, Co. to Albuquerque, NM, 20 minutes into the flight he fell asleep. I wasn't sure what to do so I abruptly yawed left and right, he finally wok up and said "where are we".:confused:
I think he was embarrassed and passed me regardless how bad I did.:rolleyes::eek:.
So yes, use correct lingo since you are now considered a pilot.:cool:

I got the “where are we” question on my instrument check ride. Departed Fullerton, CA for Montgomery Field, Dan Diego. 20 minutes of radar vectors after T/O, all under the hood the designee asks where we are, and to point it out on the instrument chart. Thankfully it was daytime, we were to the right side of a *** with the name in 20’ tall letters on it, and I was able to cop a peek out the left side of the hood. He had to know...

Reactions: DoomMeister
Nice video New to the Typnoon H there are so many auto features that i have not used okay so how is cruise control initiated and the camera controls? Is this from a hover using those controls under the Elevator/Pitch Control I have only taken the H out once since I got it last week.

Thanks, the trim function is separate from the camera controls and one has nothing to do with the other. Yes, as shown in the video at about 9:30, the trim pad under the right stick will control direction and speed of the aircraft while cruising and you do begin from a hover. If you're new to the H I would highly recommend, not using any of the automated controls, camera or even the trim function until you are familiar with the aircraft and all of it's controls. This just makes it easier by having to concentrate on fewer parameters. Once you get familiar, try the cruise by just doing a simple forward flight at slow speed first and remember that to stop it "stir" the right stick. Good luck.

Reactions: rdonson
I'm just thinking that when I got my second H in Dec 17 it was the original firmware from 2016. I did have to update the firmware to get everything back up to snuff. I think Yuneec is emptying the warehouses of everything including refurbs of late.

Thanks, the trim function is separate from the camera controls and one has nothing to do with the other. Yes, as shown in the video at about 9:30, the trim pad under the right stick will control direction and speed of the aircraft while cruising and you do begin from a hover. If you're new to the H I would highly recommend, not using any of the automated controls, camera or even the trim function until you are familiar with the aircraft and all of it's controls. This just makes it easier by having to concentrate on fewer parameters. Once you get familiar, try the cruise by just doing a simple forward flight at slow speed first and remember that to stop it "stir" the right stick. Good luck.
Ok that sheds more light on the process thanks

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I'm just thinking that when I got my second H in Dec 17 it was the original firmware from 2016. I did have to update the firmware to get everything back up to snuff. I think Yuneec is emptying the warehouses of everything including refurbs of late.
Hi yes I have all the new bells and whistles my firmware is the latest and greatest been flying quads for about 31/2 years now I currently. Flying Inspire 1 for which I don't use any smart or Auto controls very interested in the H's built-in smart controls including the realsense ability I'm fairly impressed with the way the H flies to I've only been out once with it but the weather has not been cooperating at here in the Northeast

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my