Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using the Typhoon H GUI

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie here, looking for advice on how to get the Typhoon GUI to work on my Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10. I downloaded, installed and tried to run the GUI but each time it loads the app for about 10 seconds and then stops.

Any ideas where Im going wrong?

Thanks

Right click the GUI icon and "run as administrator"..

also.. for more knowledge..

NW.

Last edited:
Hi,

Newbie here, looking for advice on how to get the Typhoon GUI to work on my Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10. I downloaded, installed and tried to run the GUI but each time it loads the app for about 10 seconds and then stops.

Any ideas where Im going wrong?

Thanks
If the surface pro has a "compatibility mode", change it to Win7 and also as "administrator" as NW suggested.

Hello, and thanks for this... Still no joy though.

Every time I connect the H my laptop says Com port 9 does not exist.

I've tried remapping the ports but still nothing.

Any more ideas?

M

Any more ideas?

M
Are you using USB or Serial ?

Any more ideas?

M

Yeah.. hit up the following, as these gentlemen know their business..

WTFDproject

Steve Carr

ArtCox

DoomMeister

.. but more than likely, they've already read this thread and should be back to you soon enough.. so when you see any of these guys post, trust, your in good hands!.. & pay attention!

& personally, I roll strictly USB.. but to each their own..

PS: & if you did indeed read the link I hooked you up with then you would've seen this post that makes the issues at hand crystal clear..

Post #6

NW.

Last edited:
Make sure you download v1.2.13 from here Downloads - Yuneec and read the Details. You also need the 2017 C++ Redistributal package installed on your machine.

Reactions: NWSaint
I've tried both
Windows 10 correct?
Are you running in compatibility mode?
Are you running as Administrator?
(Silly Question) is the Typhoon H turned on?

Any more ideas?

M

Hi there,

Have you gone to top left at Connection and clicked auto.

If no joy disconnect drone cable then reconnect and give it a few seconds and should say Connection ?.

Hi there,

Have you gone to top left at Connection and clicked auto.

If no joy disconnect drone cable then reconnect and give it a few seconds and should say Connection ?.
Hello and thank you all for advice and comments. I’ve tried everything and used 3 computer’s but still no connection

so I’m wondering if it’s a hardware fault as one person suggested early on.

Another question: How easy is it to get inside the Typhoon H to identify any loose connections. Or is this something I should leave to YunEec?

mark

Hi there,
Thats strange I have 2x H Pro's and thats how I connect them both, you can use comm port or USB.
First I run Qui then start Drone and attach USB to PC and it finds it straight away ... hold on are you using Windows 10 or are using a Apple Mac ?.

?

Sent it to Yuneec dealer if you break anything it will cost you time... and money ?.
Plus there will test it to make sure.

Make sure you download v1.2.13 from here Downloads - Yuneec and read the Details. You also need the 2017 C++ Redistributal package installed on your machine.
Good evening ... I know it's an old topic but looking for the GUI and nothing on the page that is for the H (only + or H3). I've found your V1.1.10 - should it matter that I use that one? TIA

Good evening ... I know it's an old topic but looking for the GUI and nothing on the page that is for the H (only + or H3). I've found your V1.1.10 - should it matter that I use that one? TIA
This link has both available:

• Love
Reactions: AussieCate
#1. Are you using the Yuneec OEM USB Cable to Connect your Typhoon H? (many USB Cables Do Not Work)
#2. There is a possibility that the USB port connection cable on the Typhoon H has disconnected or unplugged from the the Main Distribution/ESC Circuit Board.
#3. Download REVO Uninstaller (it's Free), then Un-Install the GUI, when finished, Scan for Leftovers and Delete All Leftovers, when completed, Turn off your Antivirus Program, and be sure Windows Defender is OFF, then Click on this Link to the Typhoon H GUI, then Install the Typhoon H GUI, when completed, Turn On
your Antivirus Program & Windows Defender (if Active previously), then Restart your Computer, once restarted, Right Click on the GUI Icon, and Select "Run As Administrator", after the GUI has Started, Connect the Micro USB Connect from the Yuneec OEM USB Cable to your Typhoon H, Power on your Typhoon H, then Connect the other end of the USB Cable to your Computer. if all is correct, you should see the Device Information Tab window now Active, and in the Bottom Right Corner under "Vehicle" you should see the ID Number of your Typhoon H in Blue Alpha Numeric Characters (see Photo below)
Device Information.PNGCheck Windows Update if this does not work.

#1. Are you using the Yuneec OEM USB Cable to Connect your Typhoon H? (many USB Cables Do Not Work)
#2. There is a possibility that the USB port connection cable on the Typhoon H has disconnected or unplugged from the the Main Distribution/ESC Circuit Board.
#3. Download REVO Uninstaller (it's Free), then Un-Install the GUI, when finished, Scan for Leftovers and Delete All Leftovers, when completed, Turn off your Antivirus Program, and be sure Windows Defender is OFF, then Click on this Link to the Typhoon H GUI, then Install the Typhoon H GUI, when completed, Turn On
your Antivirus Program & Windows Defender (if Active previously), then Restart your Computer, once restarted, Right Click on the GUI Icon, and Select "Run As Administrator", after the GUI has Started, Connect the Micro USB Connect from the Yuneec OEM USB Cable to your Typhoon H, Power on your Typhoon H, then Connect the other end of the USB Cable to your Computer. if all is correct, you should see the Device Information Tab window now Active, and in the Bottom Right Corner under "Vehicle" you should see the ID Number of your Typhoon H in Blue Alpha Numeric Characters (see Photo below)
View attachment 27562Check Windows Update if this does not work.
Thankyou for your reply ... I've only been able to get the V1.1.10 to work and all is good. I don't recall seeing the ID but I'm not bothered by that.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Which version should be used on a H standard with CG03P? I just picked up another H480 and want to do hardware checks before I put props on. It does power up and bind camera.

Verison 1.1.8 works fine on My Windows 10 latest install
ran all tests good to go.

Version 1.2.13 installed however, would not lock on to H480 shutdown in seconds

Thanks

Last edited:
Are these the current firmware versions that are in normal use?
I really do not like updating firmware if it is not needed.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220605_104136.jpg
    20220605_104136.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval