Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using two separate drone to map a location

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am very new to drones & mapping so this might sound like an inane question,

I would like to map 3d or 2d a property I am having refurbished and would like as much detail as possible of the areas under the eaves, patio etc but the property is hugged closely with trees.
My approach is to use an H520 to gather the detail from overhead then to use perhaps a P4 to fly carefully between the property and the trees.
My question is; Is the data collected by two separate drones able to be uploaded and stitched to deliver the finished detailed product?

The problem is not the drones but the cameras and the different targets. Being different cameras, it would give you a lot of trouble.

I don't understand, why do you want to use two different drones?

My concern was to find a way to get photographic data from within tight or confined spaces, my intention is to use the virticle data from the 520 but where there is excessive tree cover a smaller drone.

The mention of under eaves was interesting as such would require a gimbal that provided steep upwards camera angles. None of the current consumer drones provide for that. Where Yuneec and DJI is concerned there’s only the difference between 15 and 20 degrees above the horizontal, and neither would be capable of shooting under an eave.

With a desire for high detail and precision, Lidar combined with photogrammetry would be a better solution.

The mention of under eaves was interesting as such would require a gimbal that provided steep upwards camera angles. None of the current consumer drones provide for that. Where Yuneec and DJI is concerned there’s only the difference between 15 and 20 degrees above the horizontal, and neither would be capable of shooting under an eave.

With a desire for high detail and precision, Lidar combined with photogrammetry would be a better solution.
Thank you for your inputs and advice, might just do the unpopular and cut down the trees.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco