Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT NFZ !!! GREAT NEWS !!!

NFZ's are a great reason to have two aircraft, one of them without firmware that incorporates NFZ's. A Chroma 4k uses the same camera as the H. However, most that want to fly in a restricted area don't bother with contacting airport management, are not professionals with legitimate need to fly a project in a specific area. Most don't even bother to look at maps or aero charts to learn about the air traffic operations in their intended flight area.

NFZ's have been developed precisely because of people that have refused to remain clear of controlled airspace and airport traffic patterns. We are facing many changes in how and where we fly our aircraft that we will learn to live with or simply not fly.

Dude you completely miss the point how about you join ama and a rc club and get onboard with the team. Because you rogue fliers are the ones making it hard for the ones of us doing the right thing. Which in the future im afraid is going to happen. Its not about flying off the runway. Why dont you look before you open your mouth and study what yuneec has done. They are back pedalling on the h and making up their own rules. Have fun man the h is not for me, but dont come in here and acuse me of flying unsafe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just generalizing based on what I've watched transpire over the past several years. There's a lot of people that just don't have a clue, quite a few that are irresponsible, don't think beyond the immediate moment, and others that believe they should be exempt from rules in general. Unfortunately a lot of what I've seen and read indicates responsible users are in the minority, which is largely why we have had this NFZ stuff foisted on us..

Its sad greed has actually turned a great hobby into this. People trying to make a quick buck. Just have a look at my area newport news va. The bad part is we are authorized to fly. Yuneec has lied to me on numerous occasions enough to where i have filed a complaint with the bbb. I have sold my h but still fly my 500's. I will never buy another yuneec product above a 500 nor do i recommend to people that ask.

Reactions: Boredcontroller
Alright just got off the phone with yuneec and dealing with switching warranty to the new buyer. Guess they told him he would need original reciept for warranty but i was told the online invoice would be good. Today i was told the company policy is non transferable warranty. Then ask me if i had the licsense unlock and i said yes but it does me no good restricted to 50 feet and 1 mile. I was then told that yuneec was following future regulations that all drone companies would be doing it. Someone have this future regulation. Im just curious if this is the case then alot of people will not be able to enjoy this hobby without having to drive a good distance.

Mike

I can assure you there is no such future regulation of 50 feet and 1 mile coming from the FAA. If they are doing anything it's loosening their grip on UAS's because they are turning out to not be as much of a problem as originally expected.

Reactions: Niels Bogstad
Hi guys,

So I have been in Contact with Yuneec about the NF Firmware.
They have sent me the Waiver, I filled it out, signed it and sent it to them.
One week - nothing, I write another email, they say sorry and that they are on it, another week and nothing, I send email again, this time no respsonse up until now...
Seriously this is the worst Support I have ever encountered,they do not even take the time to write you back...

I have been flying my Typhoon H for some time now but never around my property because of the NFZ (right on the edge of the 5 mile radius) which means I always have to drive out...
Not to mention I was planning to fly commercially but this will not happen with the No Fly Zones Firmware.
I really hoped they would step up but Yuneecs Support seems to be lame, some poeple get lucky and get the Firmware, others like me are doomed.

I am seriously considering returning the Copter, this is an absolute no go, the NFZones have nothing to do with the local laws (Germany) and not being able to fly even 20 meters high is just RIDICULOUS.
I guess my patience has come to an end :(
And imagine I even work for the local airport as a security agent for the federal police, there can be no more responsibility bestowed upon me than this, but I guess Yuneec doesn't care about people or laws,
and even If they are only trying to protect their own interests they chose the worst way possible, imagine card manufacturers would limit the speed on their cars....

In my desperation I hope someone will read this and share with me their Firmware (TYPHOON H), if you are a good samaritan please PM me or send me an email to [email protected].
If not, oh well, I'll have to return it I guess, there are other manufacturers, but it would be a shame, I really liked my Typhoon H.

Fly safe
Richi

Reactions: Lumberjack0
Hi guys,

So I have been in Contact with Yuneec about the NF Firmware.
They have sent me the Waiver, I filled it out, signed it and sent it to them.
One week - nothing, I write another email, they say sorry and that they are on it, another week and nothing, I send email again, this time no respsonse up until now...
Seriously this is the worst Support I have ever encountered,they do not even take the time to write you back...

I have been flying my Typhoon H for some time now but never around my property because of the NFZ (right on the edge of the 5 mile radius) which means I always have to drive out...
Not to mention I was planning to fly commercially but this will not happen with the No Fly Zones Firmware.
I really hoped they would step up but Yuneecs Support seems to be lame, some poeple get lucky and get the Firmware, others like me are doomed.

I am seriously considering returning the Copter, this is an absolute no go, the NFZones have nothing to do with the local laws (Germany) and not being able to fly even 20 meters high is just RIDICULOUS.
I guess my patience has come to an end :(
And imagine I even work for the local airport as a security agent for the federal police, there can be no more responsibility bestowed upon me than this, but I guess Yuneec doesn't care about people or laws,
and even If they are only trying to protect their own interests they chose the worst way possible, imagine card manufacturers would limit the speed on their cars....

In my desperation I hope someone will read this and share with me their Firmware (TYPHOON H), if you are a good samaritan please PM me or send me an email to [email protected].
If not, oh well, I'll have to return it I guess, there are other manufacturers, but it would be a shame, I really liked my Typhoon H.

Fly safe
Richi

I had somewhat the same experience, but found out that the answered email with the fix was in my SPAM file. maybe you need to check that file on your computer.

Well who would've thought, It just took another reminder and VOILA.
I guess if you push often enought for a whole month you get results :) Shame that I had to remind them about me each time but in the end i've got what I wanted although i didn't test it yet.

Well who would've thought, It just took another reminder and VOILA.
I guess if you push often enought for a whole month you get results :) Shame that I had to remind them about me each time but in the end i've got what I wanted although i didn't test it yet.
And what did you get?

And what did you get?
I got a new license number, you open the GUI and overwrite the license, then a new field pops up in the GUI which allows you to disable the no fly zone. Yuneec says there is a height limitation of 30 feet within the NFZ but I didn't test it yet. 30 feet are ridiculously low but it's better than nothing.

There is a law concerning NFZs, FA107, and Air Space Classifications. However, there are also the guidelines to fly in them, contacting ATC for permission, etc. I agree, a splash screen with an acknowledgement as a warning (once, not every 10 seconds) then it is up to the PIC to ensure he is in compliance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval