Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Way points on the h480

The weather here has been cold windy and rainy for the past few days, so haven't had a chance to fly the new profile. hope to get out in the next few days.

Please let us know if someone flies it. When on WiFI does the H location show up on the map. I need this for SAR!
You can't fly with wifi on unless you don't connect to camera. But if you open app first and co next to wifi and move the map around and download the map for offline use then it will show you where you are during flight.

Reactions: Forrestt
You can't fly with wifi on unless you don't connect to camera. But if you open app first and co next to wifi and move the map around and download the map for offline use then it will show you where you are during flight.
It will cache the local google map if you connect to a Wi-Fi in that area. Then you can connect to the H and plot your waypoints on the map for the mission, then fly. I believe the realtime motion of the H will be shown in the corner PIP map which can alternate with the camera view to be the main PIP.

It will cache the local google map if you connect to a Wi-Fi in that area. Then you can connect to the H and plot your waypoints on the map for the mission, then fly. I believe the realtime motion of the H will be shown in the corner PIP map which can alternate with the camera view to be the main PIP.
That is correct.
However if your running a mission the position only changes when it reaches the next waypoint.
Also, mine does not do camera actions like take photo.

That is correct.
However if your running a mission the position only changes when it reaches the next waypoint.
Also, mine does not do camera actions like take photo.
Say the camera wont take pre-programmed photos? Darn, hadn't had the time to try that. Well crap.

I have done the software hack, but haven't had a chance to fly because of a very brutal winter we are having here in Southern Ontario with minus12C days and plenty of snow......:(

Minus 12? You little leaguer. We’ve been having minus 25-30 up here in the northern hemisphere of Ontario [emoji12]. Thanks guys for your responses....minus 12...

Hi guys it didn’t work for me. Loaded the new profile and the ST16 even displayed the new profile however it did not connect with the drone. The camera would bind but the new profile for the h was not listed under the bind screen. The 920 was not recognized on the bind screen either. I have the ST16+ and the h with real sense. Any suggestions?

Here are my instructions based on others comments:
1) On ST16, tap “select model”, tap-hold “Typhoon H” – “export” box should come up – export to SD card. Use 16gb card (ST16 will not recognize a 32gb card)

2) Remove SD card from ST16 and insert into PC

3) From your PC, unzip the FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43.zip file

4) In the folder, in the manifest file, I renamed the model to “Typhoon H WP”

5) Replace the exported file with the new unzipped file, (FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43) in the “Exported models” folder – remove SD card from PC

6) Insert the micro SD card back into ST16

7) turn on ST16, tap model select, tap new model, tap import model named “Typhoon H WP”

8) Tap task/camera WP should show up as new function

9) Bind ST16 with H

10) Test fly…..

I was able to bind the H and camera - just haven't been able to fly because of the extremely cold (minus 12C) :) weather.....

Reactions: Dr Delta
Hi Dan thanks for getting back to me...still cold in balmy southern Ontario?[emoji6] I did what you said but for some reason the new profile was listed and could be selected and even showed up under the home screen. However it would not bind (nor did my h show up in the bind list- the camera did) with the h. I have even been able to access the waypoint function from the home screen. Do I have change something with the drone itself?

Actually, could have flown today as it was up to +8C, but was I very busy with a home reno. The bind procedure should be like normal. There is nothing to do on the bird itself other than making sure you have a fully charged battery and then tip it forward a couple of times for binding..... other than that, I am stumped. Did you "refresh" the WiFi search?

'

Last edited:
Me to. Does the h with way profile show up for you on the bind screen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis