Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Way points on the h480

Thanks Dan I appreciate your time. I must be missing something. Do you have the ST16+? do I have to unmount the h profile under model select?

It would be cool to see a video once anyone gets a chance to fly. For me the UAV toolbox has been incredibly smooth.

Reactions: Dr Delta
Installed it on my updated St16 with H480 Plus and works great! You definately need to do a factory reset of the Android system to get google maps to load. Flew a grid mission and it worked beautifully. I set the camera to take picture at each waypoint, but failed to insert microsd card. Oops. Will try again tomorrow if not too windy. Can anyone tell me how to download a google map so it is available during a mission? Also, has anyone figured out how to duplicate waypoint parameters for each waypoint without having to profile each one? It would be great if it had a built in grid function. Possible anyone?

Ran the same mission with the action of take photo at each waypoint produced no photo being taken. Is there a possibility that it only applies to the 920's CGO4 only?

I've gone through the steps to install this, but cannot get a map to show in the Way Point editor. I've done the reset of Android, and rebinding twice. Any ideas?

It’s all in the 920 and Pro Action manuals, along with a lot of what was left out of the H manual. If people are trying to make an H act like a 920 it makes a lot of sense to follow directions provided for the 920 to accomplish the task. Trying to “wing it” and make stuff up as you go is a great way to brick an St-16 or waste a lot of time while becoming frustrated.

Downloading maps and connecting the ST-16 to a different WiFi source is all part of what the 920 and CGO-4 are designed to do. Mapping is something it’s not designed to do and part of the reason a CGO-4 does not have geo tagging capability. The -4 is designed to work with the waypoint function and aim and trigger the camera in the manner the user sets up. The CGO-3 and CGO-4 do not share the same software, and are in no way similar to each other so it’s quite probable the -3 will not function the same as a -4 when using waypoint operations. If you’re stuck triggering the camera manually it’s because you’re trying to get a lower level system to do something it wasn’t designed for.

On the flip side, even if the CGO-3 will not auto trigger at waypoints the aircraft will be flying itself, leaving your hands free for camera/gimbal operations. Another plus is you would not have needed to fly the route first to generate those waypoints. However, the UAV Toolbox app would serve the same function without adding the risk of using a 920 aircraft profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjolah
I did this on my H480 and it works beautifully!
I had problems with it not taking pics at waypoints earlier first, but found I did it the wrong way....
-If you instead at each waypoint edit, press ”take photo” first, then ”add action” and save with”yes” it seems to work!
(
(If you only press ”take photo” that action will not be saved, so if you go into that waypoint again its not saved, but with ”add action” afterwards, it stays saved.

Reactions: Dr Delta
I did this on my H480 and it works beautifully!
I had problems with it not taking pics at waypoints earlier first, but found I did it the wrong way....
-If you instead at each waypoint edit, press ”take photo” first, then ”add action” and save with”yes” it seems to work!
(
(If you only press ”take photo” that action will not be saved, so if you go into that waypoint again its not saved, but with ”add action” afterwards, it stays saved.

Good to know!
Going to try that if it will ever stop raining.....

Thanks for sharing.

:)

Good to know!
Going to try that if it will ever stop raining.....

Thanks for sharing.

Crap...
-Sorry, my mistake, thought it would work since it stayed saved but just tried and it is the same, doesn't take picture still...

Guess I will have to buy that H920+ now after all, gives me a good excuse

IMG_1774.JPG IMG_1772.JPG
Today I did my first test of the H480 with 920H Waypoints mod described earlier. I flew in an open field as my first test flight - just in case. So, just free flying the H-WP for me the H-WP model seems to fly the same as the H480 always did - very stable hover even in a 20km wind today, responsive in climbing and yaw, pitch and roll. So here are a couple of pics of the ST16 screen and the KML file on Google Earth, showing the flown route to be the same as the programmed. In this case I chose "straight" instead of "curved" which caused the H to make an abrupt turn towards the next waypoint. I will try my next flight with a "curved" path and assume it will be a smooth transition from waypoint to waypoint. Speed and altitude programming worked as expected. I didn't try a photo point as it seems others have without success. I have a vid of the flight which I can post in the videos section. This mod may not be good for mapping, but it will be useful for me for other missions.View attachment 9633 View attachment 9633

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem