Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's the new features you want H plus to have?

I wish they would port over the 520 mapping software onto the H Plus. Curved cable cam is kind of silly, you have to fly the route to save it, why fly it again?

(Rhetorical thoughts here.)

This is another mention of “porting over the H520 DataPilot” software that has me thinking...

Assuming a version could be written for our different H’s, wonder how much pilots would be willing to spend for the software package? $500 USD, $1000 USD? More?

Software is not cheap; what would make it worthwhile for a company to develop an option like this? There has to be a price point where it makes economical sense to add on to existing inventory as opposed to sales of newer models with expanded feature sets. (As well as likely higher price points.)

It all comes down to how much profit is needed to continue to fund development and ongoing support, and can that be recouped by sales to existing owners.

What is missing is the stable after sale support revenue, as in service and support contracts. The YES programs and the like cover repairs, but what about general technical support? How many of you have been charged anything just for calling in and getting help for a problem not requiring repairs?

All these feature upgrades would be great but, a one way street isn’t going to help them come to fruition now, if ever, unless there is an expected revenue return to make them worthwhile.

Just thinking out loud.

Jeff

What is missing is the stable after sale support revenue, as in service and support contracts. The YES programs and the like cover repairs, but what about general technical support? How many of you have been charged anything just for calling in and getting help for a problem not requiring repairs?

I want to minimize any feelings of collective guilt, among all of our fine members... therefore anyone wanting to pay me for technical support services rendered on this board, please PM me... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I wish they would port over the 520 mapping software onto the H Plus. Curved cable cam is kind of silly, you have to fly the route to save it, why fly it again?

If they did that how many of the more expensive 520’s would they sell afterwards? Asking for mapping software for the Plus is an exercise in futility.

I have to agree making a new model and not carrying over the features from the original was a poor move. I just realized you can't shut off all LEDs, just the front two. Also you have no control while landing in RTL, so perhaps some precision landing? Add that to EEV's list and u have to Wonder what these engineers are thinking. I do agree if the mavic 2 series was able to pull off aperture control and zoom out of those little cameras, yuneec could have given something more than 4k/60 from that huge camera. In regards to OA maybe they could have just put a sensor on top as the way the Realsence works it always points the R200 camera in the direction it's traveling while also keeping a 3D map in memory which could have worked. Again if the $1200-$1500 mavic 2 series pulled it off with all the cameras and sensors so can yuneec and still stay in the ballpark. $1900 is not cheap by any standards. Marketing and R&D have to step up and work together to attract more of a share in this game. Maybe when the alliance happens with 3DR they can make the typhoon X, I like that @LinsonW! Think it'll have a notch? LoL

Hey folks, I know it seems like Yuneec tends to ignore its customer base, especially when trying to wheedle information out of Customer Support, but let’s give this thread a chance.

Those of you with the Typhoon H Plus already in your possession, give details of what you like and don’t like. Make a real list of things you would like to see supported on the system and the prioritize them. State from a pilots perspective why you would like to see the additions or improvements you list.

Those wanting the Plus and holding out state what it will take for you to make the purchase.

From the original release of the Plus there has been a stream of firmware updates to address issues and from my viewpoint there has been pretty much a steady improvement to the product.

I want to see serious responses to this thread and am making it a sticky post to keep it near the top and easily accessible.

Thanks for your cooperation Yuneec Pilots!

Hey folks, I know it seems like Yuneec tends to ignore its customer base, especially when trying to wheedle information out of Customer Support, but let’s give this thread a chance.

Those of you with the Typhoon H Plus already in your possession, give details of what you like and don’t like. Make a real list of things you would like to see supported on the system and the prioritize them. State from a pilots perspective why you would like to see the additions or improvements you list.

Those wanting the Plus and holding out state what it will take for you to make the purchase.

From the original release of the Plus there has been a stream of firmware updates to address issues and from my viewpoint there has been pretty much a steady improvement to the product.

I want to see serious responses to this thread and am making it a sticky post to keep it near the top and easily accessible.

The yuneec typhoon need to be able to support third-party software as such drone deploy which the DJI support so that can be used in the field during Disaster Response.

Happy to oblige as a pilot still on the sidelines...

I stand by my previous statement regarding the re-establishment of previous Typhoon H features, namely D-Pad Cruise Controls, access to Expo Curve Adjustments and please establish procedures and conditions necessary to consistently utilize CCC as designed.

As far as an actual wish list, I will not go too far off the deep end...

1) A decent hand held rig for the C23/E90/E50

2) It would be very helpful if Yuneec would put some effort in establishing a relationship with a decent filter manufacturer (Polar Pro or Gobe come to mind) and put together a custom ND filter set that is useful... 4 NDs from 0.6 to 1.5 would be ideal... skip the BS Circular polarizer... and for God's sake put out an adapter that correctly fits.

3) I would rather not see Yuneec try and expend R&D on a zoom lens design, but coming out with a 1" sensor camera with a longer focal length option (that is actually designed with gimbal modifications to accommodate that magnified image) would be a big step forward.

Of course, any future camera that incorporates a variable aperture, would immediately eliminate issues with #2 above.

My final question is, why the consumer is not being given a choice on RealSense... why was the non-RS version pulled?

Reactions: LinsonW
I will second:

I stand by my previous statement regarding the re-establishment of previous Typhoon H features, namely D-Pad Cruise Controls, access to Expo Curve Adjustments and please establish procedures and conditions necessary to consistently utilize CCC as designed.

A response to this question..

My final question is, why the consumer is not being given a choice on RealSense... why was the non-RS version pulled?

I'm just guessing that Yuneec is still indebted to Intel and they need to sell a number of RealSense modules to make them happy. As someone who owns a TH with RS I don't feel the need to ever go down that road again. For me the RS is a large investment with a small payback. YMMV.

As someone who owns a TH with RS I don't feel the need to ever go down that road again. For me the RS is a large investment with a small payback. YMMV.

Exactly... and I have little reason to have it, do not as a consumer, want to pay for it and do not want any future potential warranty denial, because I removed it.

I would REALLY like to have adjustable tension on the gimbals. They are so easy to move without noticing it as they come stock. There is not adjustment for tension as so many other RC transmitters have. I might look at swapping out springs, I've done that many times on regular RC hobby radios, so it is not that big of a deal. But Yuneec really needs to consider this.

bonjour, j'aimerais que Yuneec develope la posibilite de faire du mapping avec des aplications specifique du style uav tooblox ou PiX4D pour l'nstant impossible de faire de la photogrammetrie

[Je traduis votre requete pour les Anglophones monolingues]
Hello,
I would like Yuneec to add mapping to CCC similar to UAV Toolbox or PiX4D as at the moment we cannot do any Photogrammetry.

Reactions: aber57
And if you can fly it once you can do it again by yourself and you’ve got control not their “AI” that is not very accurate. I can pilot a shot better and faster then any of these features except orbit. Roto scope shots seem most impressive in product demo videos but I’m not going for mountaineers claiming insane peaks during golden hour so I’ve got little use for it.
I think the point of the CCC feature is not whether or not one can fly it good -- but whether or not one needs to free his hands to do some filming while the software does the automatic piloting.

About the new features could Be interesting to have a follow me using the smartphone gps ,or a specific device like the wizard , instead of the ST16 transmitter .

Yes....let us back into the ST for those better gimbal control edits I really want to do! I miss my dual front position camera angle I made in the 480 so that tilt switch actually uses all three positions.

One thing I'd like to see which is only wishful thinking is the room for 2 batteries and the ability to buy 3rd party batteries that don't use the proprietary casing. Plus I just like to complain and this makes it so I have something to ***** about!

One thing I'd like to see which is only wishful thinking is the room for 2 batteries and the ability to buy 3rd party batteries that don't use the proprietary casing. Plus I just like to complain and this makes it so I have something to ***** about!

thoneter,

Are we not talking about features for the current H Plus, rather than features we would like to see on a totally new air frame?

Just beating to the punch the likes of @PatR, for one, who will undoubtedly bust your backside (in a nice way) by stating the current power plants will likely not accommodate the extra weight of an additional battery pack. Either that or the expected flight time gain will be less than expected due to the additional weight.

:p:eek:

Perhaps a new thread altogether... something like: What is your dream machine for under, say $4000 (USD)? Or set a price point.

Jeff

Reactions: Guido Cangelosi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook