Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
I had a chance to do some test flying with the WRE6606 on Friday. I was able to fly to both geofences with great video downlink. I was able to use both the 5.8 GHz band and the 2.4 GHz band to fly the Breeze using the range extender. I think the 2.4Ghz may give a little better range.

Tried to do an extended flight like TStover, but lost WiFi connection when I landed the Breeze past a 15 foot dropoff. I carried the Breeze back up the hill and thought I had reconnected to the range extender, but I hadn’t, I was connected to my iPhone 7. I flew to the geofence again and lost connection with the phone. After 30 seconds or so the Breeze did an autoRTH came back to the second launch point and landed after a 30 second hover.

The lesson learned was on loss of connection is to turn off WiFi on the phone, give the range extender a chance to reconnect, then connect the phone to the range extender again. I’ll make more flights soon.

Reactions: Akeldama
I had a chance to do some test flying with the WRE6606 on Friday. I was able to fly to both geofences with great video downlink. I was able to use both the 5.8 GHz band and the 2.4 GHz band to fly the Breeze using the range extender. I think the 2.4Ghz may give a little better range.

Tried to do an extended flight like TStover, but lost WiFi connection when I landed the Breeze past a 15 foot dropoff. I carried the Breeze back up the hill and thought I had reconnected to the range extender, but I hadn’t, I was connected to my iPhone 7. I flew to the geofence again and lost connection with the phone. After 30 seconds or so the Breeze did an autoRTH came back to the second launch point and landed after a 30 second hover.

The lesson learned was on loss of connection is to turn off WiFi on the phone, give the range extender a chance to reconnect, then connect the phone to the range extender again. I’ll make more flights soon.
please remember I'm not a tech person... I thought I read that the breeze works on only 5.8GHz. I understand that a phone and a extender can talk on both bands. but if the breeze only receives on 5.8, how can you fly it using 2.4? please correct my thought errors, I'm very interested in making a stronger connection.

on a different note, but still using the breeze. I flew the breeze outside yesterday, I took off from my deck which 4 feet above ground height. [total of 7 feet above ground height] A few feet past the deck the breeze dropped, skimmed the ground, 2 of the landing feet folded, recovered on its own, then few to 100 feet and hovered.... It then went into an auto land, coming down very slowly over top of my barn. I was able to control the breeze after a few seconds and got it to land on the patio. base cover was loose but no damage. I'm wondering why the breeze dropped? I'm guessing it flew up to 100ft because that's what the RTH is set to.... Thanks for any help... I'm trying to learn this bird... since I'm not a good pilot, I'm thankful the breeze made up for my short comings by landing itself....

Jeff,

You are right about the 5.8Ghz connection to the Breeze. The range extender talks to the Breeze on 5.8GHz and can talk to the phone on either band. This is a very usable solution for people with phones that can only use 2.4GHz WiFi.

The dive your Breeze took sounds as if the IRS system got fooled. Is there any chance that the area off of your deck was snow covered or reflecting a lot of sunlight?

The Breeze may have lost WiFi during its brief encounter with the ground, and entered RTH just as you figured. During its hover WiFi connection was regained and allowed you to resume control. If WiFi connection was not restored the Breeze would have self landed after about 30 seconds.

Keep me updated on incidents like this.

Jeff,

You are right about the 5.8Ghz connection to the Breeze. The range extender talks to the Breeze on 5.8GHz and can talk to the phone on either band. This is a very usable solution for people with phones that can only use 2.4GHz WiFi.

The dive your Breeze took sounds as if the IRS system got fooled. Is there any chance that the area off of your deck was snow covered or reflecting a lot of sunlight?

The Breeze may have lost WiFi during its brief encounter with the ground, and entered RTH just as you figured. During its hover WiFi connection was regained and allowed you to resume control. If WiFi connection was not restored the Breeze would have self landed after about 30 seconds.

Keep me updated on incidents like this.
Thank You, I believe I understand now. so part of the reason for the extender you chose was to allow all phones [5.8 and 2.4] to connect to the breeze on 5.8.... That's cool! How do you power the 120vac extender?

There was no snow on the ground. treated lumber deck to green grass yard. sadly I have a very small yard with a lot of buildings and 220vac power lines everywhere....

Right now I have 2 x 1300mAh 11.1V 3S LiPo packs and I'm waiting for 2 x 1700mAh 11.1V 3S LiPo packs to arrive. Until then, being a poor pilot, I keep the breeze close to home and low to the ground. I don't want to bother others.

Being able to connect to the Breeze via 2.4GHz was a bonus for me. All my phones are 5.8GHz capable. This is a cheaper way for someone to use the Breeze if they find their phone can't use 5.8GHZ. I had tried doing such with an older wifi router I had using a DD-WRT OS in the router. That helped somewhat with the video feed issues but I had to use a DC to AC converter to power it from my golf cart.

The good thing about the ZyXEL WRE6606 is that it can be powered by AC or from USB (2.1A) such as as charger for a tablet PC. This allows it to be powered from a USB power brick like you would use to charge your phone while on a camping trip.

When flying the Breeze in Pilot or Controller modes it will try to maintain the same AGL altitude when in range of the IRS system. Mine fooled me when I flew over some palm trees and it suddenly rose an extra 20 feet into the air. Much better than losing altitude into the ground.

The only time my video gets glitchy is when I land 300+ feet away. As soon as I take off again it clears right up. I have a feeling if I try to land at 600+ feet away it may lose the connection. I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

It was my bad for not scouting the area first. I had no idea how much of a drop there was from the plateau I was on. The good news was the Breeze landed without a hitch. Had about 90 seconds of video of grass up close and personal.

Flew around a lake yesterday, and it was great having a good video feed the entire time out to both height and distance geofences. No pontoons for the Breeze though, so no extended flight attempts ;).

Reactions: TStover
The usb Comfast Dual 2,4GHZ \ 5,8GHZ extender transmitter CF-WR371AC with a powerbank works with my Yuneec Breeze 4K.
It reaches the geofence without wifi disconnections.
No video or photo lag.
CF-WR371AC is to order with Ali-Expres for about 18 dollars.

The usb Comfast Dual 2,4GHZ \ 5,8GHZ extender transmitter CF-WR371AC with a powerbank works with my Yuneec Breeze 4K.
It reaches the geofence without wifi disconnections.
No video or photo lag.
CF-WR371AC is to order with Ali-Expres for about 18 dollars.

Are you the one that has the extender strapped to the controller?

Last edited:
I like your setup. One thing I've noticed with the extender I use is that the signal between the Breeze and the extender is great, but the signal between the extender and phone/tablet is more limited. I had a crash not long ago when I found that out. I was flying at a park and then decided to walk away and film along a stream, completely forgetting that I was also walking away from the extender. Tablet lost connection and the Breeze sat hovering over the stream until RTH kicked in. Thankfully it was over land when it hit some tree branches and crashed to the ground rather than taking a swim in the creek.

It was my bad for not scouting the area first. I had no idea how much of a drop there was from the plateau I was on. The good news was the Breeze landed without a hitch. Had about 90 seconds of video of grass up close and personal.

Flew around a lake yesterday, and it was great having a good video feed the entire time out to both height and distance geofences. No pontoons for the Breeze though, so no extended flight attempts ;).
My breeze suddenly flew off and crashed about 30 meters away (in my usual flying area). Replaced the broken propellers, I've noticed a sound when I am shaking my breeze (a screw perhaps?). Is that normal and should I be worried about it? I believe it flies fine but that sound is concerning...

The Comfast 926AC seems to do the trick in terms of lossless fpv which is great. Too bad my drone crashed for no reason, lol.

Not likely, it is a wireless adapter not a range extender/

Reactions: Pansyloopsfinest
Thanks for fast reply ....what device would u refer for best mobile (usb powered) range extender ...for this application with the breeze 4k

If you look through earlier posts in this thread you will find several mentioned.

Several people have had good experiences with the Comfast CF-WR371AC and the ZyXEL WRE6606. Both can be powered from a USB power brick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval