Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
breeze extender.jpg
Found one that seems to work quite well so far. I have only been able to do a ground test so far. The wifi on my phone must be poor, because I was losing connection constantly. With this setup I moved the Breeze outside to my shed and had perfect connection with my phone inside the house. Weather may not be cooperative for the next few days, but with luck I'll get to try it in flight after work today.

The extender was a bit of a challenge to set up, the instructions that came with it were sparse. if you do get one I'd suggest getting the real manual from the company website, it is MUCH better.

Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N76WTOK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Steve Carr
Is it possible for you to provide info on how to set up the connection from the phone, extender and the breeze itself.. would highly appreciate it...

Is it possible for you to provide info on how to set up the connection from the phone, extender and the breeze itself.. would highly appreciate it...

Sure, I'll try!

I used a laptop to set this up initially, with the supplied ethernet cable. Make sure anything you have used to fly the breeze with is either connected to a different wifi or has wifi turned off. I also turned wifi off on the laptop, only so I could see when I had a connection thru the ethernet to the extender.

Set the extender to R (there is a switch labeled A,C,R) and power it up. It will ask for a login and then you can proceed with the setup. Now would be a good time to turn on the Breeze. I won't go thru the setup step by step, but basically you will need to scan the 5.8 band after the Breeze is ready, select your Breeze from the list of available networks, and supply the password. It will then create a network with your Breeze name with ".speed" after it.

I believe it reboots at the point. After it boots up it should automatically connect to your Breeze. Browse the wifi connections on your phone or tablet and select the new Breezename.speed network. Once the phone is connected fire up the Breeze app and go fly. If you aren't connected right away just wait a short while, sometimes I would get my app open before everything is synced.

Here is a link to the manual for the extender, it should help out a lot.

Download Library | ZyXEL

Reactions: Steve Carr
Very well explained sir!, thank u so much for giving some time to do this, i really appreciate it...

View attachment 8839
Found one that seems to work quite well so far. I have only been able to do a ground test so far. The wifi on my phone must be poor, because I was losing connection constantly. With this setup I moved the Breeze outside to my shed and had perfect connection with my phone inside the house. Weather may not be cooperative for the next few days, but with luck I'll get to try it in flight after work today.

The extender was a bit of a challenge to set up, the instructions that came with it were sparse. if you do get one I'd suggest getting the real manual from the company website, it is MUCH better.

Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N76WTOK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How do you provide power to the range extender?

Ok, even thought the weather was crappy I had to go out and give it a shot. The results were EXCELLENT. I purposefully used my phone and the controller, which didn’t work so well before.

I went to a local park and set the extender on the ground in the case for the Breeze. I flew out to the geofence with no loss of signal or control, no interruptions or glitches in the video. I then took it out 100 feet and landed it, and then took off again, resetting the distance. I again flew out the geofence, a total of 430 feet with no loss of control or video, and no glitches in the video feed.

My hands were frozen at that point so I packed up and went home.

This 30 dollar extender transformed the experience with the Breeze from so-so to great. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: AlligatoR
A Zippo rechargeable hand warmer, but any USB power source will work. Apparently with the proper cable you can even power it with your phone.

Thanks! I finally saw a description that showed it could be powered via USB.

Thanks! I finally saw a description that showed it could be powered via USB.

I didn’t know until I went to their website and watched one of their videos. Glad I found that info, the results for me so far have been very positive. Makes it so much easier to get smooth controlled flights and video.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Ok, even thought the weather was crappy I had to go out and give it a shot. The results were EXCELLENT. I purposefully used my phone and the controller, which didn’t work so well before.

I went to a local park and set the extender on the ground in the case for the Breeze. I flew out to the geofence with no loss of signal or control, no interruptions or glitches in the video. I then took it out 100 feet and landed it, and then took off again, resetting the distance. I again flew out the geofence, a total of 430 feet with no loss of control or video, and no glitches in the video feed.

My hands were frozen at that point so I packed up and went home.

This 30 dollar extender transformed the experience with the Breeze from so-so to great. I highly recommend it.

Does that mean you can fly beyond the geofence? Didn't the app warn you that you were flying out of the limit?

Does that mean you can fly beyond the geofence? Didn't the app warn you that you were flying out of the limit?

When you take off it sets the home point and the distance is set to zero. So it you fly out 200 feet and land, then take off again it starts at zero again. So you can then fly 330 feet farther.

When you take off it sets the home point and the distance is set to zero. So it you fly out 200 feet and land, then take off again it starts at zero again. So you can then fly 330 feet farther.

Awesome! Good to know!

Here’s a video showing the the quality of the video stream as well as how to “hop” the geofence. I did get some slight video glitches, but that was on the ground while 220 feet away. The recording quality is low, it was my first time using DU screen recorder and I didn’t think to change the video settings until after the fact. It’s 480p

Where did you position the range extender while making the beyond geofence flight?

Nice job!

I had it sitting on the roof of my beater truck. I show it right at the end of the video.

Tomorrow I’m going to try flying to the geofence, land, take off, and see if I can hit the geofence again.

I had it sitting on the roof of my beater truck. I show it right at the end of the video.

Tomorrow I’m going to try flying to the geofence, land, take off, and see if I can hit the geofence again.

Got mine ordered. Hope I have the same results that you are showing. Nice to see good connection at the distance you’re flying.

Here’s a screen recording from today. I took it to the geofence, landed and took off and again went to the geofence. By “hopping” the fence once I then had 650 feet to play in, rather than the 330 enforce by the app.

@DoomMeister , I highly recommend you get the manual for that extender from their website before it arrives, it is SO much better than what come in the box.

I looked at it when you mentioned using the WRE6606. I’ll be adding it to my download library soon. Nice job on the extended flight. Looks like you are flying some where in the Appalachian Mountains.

Here’s a screen recording from today. I took it to the geofence, landed and took off and again went to the geofence. By “hopping” the fence once I then had 650 feet to play in, rather than the 330 enforce by the app.

@DoomMeister , I highly recommend you get the manual for that extender from their website before it arrives, it is SO much better than what come in the box.

Fascinating! My question, without using the wifi extender, how far away were you able to fly it? You use an iPhone, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval