Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Hi all..
I think I must be lucky with mine in a way, but not always..

Just Flight wise I have no issue whatsoever reaching the maximum geofences, 100m distance and 80m height, (lol I'm not going to lie I wish the 100m distance geofence was double) but yeah when using either the yuneec transmitter or just my phone (sony xperia xz) flight is just fine.

FPV wifi signal wise it can be a bit of a hit and miss sometimes, flying always in the same location, (big open field) most days the fpv wifi signal will be good enough for the geofence distances and might glitch out sometimes briefly but I never tend to fully lose it, but other days it glitches/flickers/freezes quite a lot.

The worst it did, was when me and my nephew was flying together trying fpv with the yuneec Goggles for the first time, the WiFi fpv signal kept glitching and freezing all the time even at short range around 25m to be honest I was very disappointed that day with the results, lol I think that was the only day in the two weeks I've had my breeze I was disappointed with the flight results, I fly every other day..

Was it just a fluke day, was it the fact we was also flying another drone (but on 2.4g so I doubt it) or was it the 30+ sheep in the distance, who knows lol..

I definitely need to try that again to see if I get the same kind of results but I thought to myself before I invest in a 5g Wi-Fi repeator extender and power bank I need to buy another breeze battery first, 2 batteries is just not enough lol..

Loving the forum by the way, I'm finding some helpful and interesting stuff..

Happy Rc-ing all.
ATB Marc

Hey for those that use/setup extender for breeze did you keep the same ssid or made a new one? ie my breeze broadcasts a ssid of “breeze123” now when I set this comfast extender up it created “breeze123plus” ssid for the extender, question is should I rename the extended to match the breeze.

Hey for those that use/setup extender for breeze did you keep the same ssid or made a new one? ie my breeze broadcasts a ssid of “breeze123” now when I set this comfast extender up it created “breeze123plus” ssid for the extender, question is should I rename the extended to match the breeze.

No, they must be different.

Reactions: DoomMeister
IMG_4162.jpgIMG_4159.jpg

Setup the Comfast 5Ghz repeater connection unfortunately I can see live view but that’s about it as you can see all sensor information is greyed out. When repeater connects to breeze it does not “Chirp” like when my phone connects to breeze, as soon as wifi link is established between phone and breeze it usually does the “audible chirp”

ravell,

Which ComFast extender are you using?

I think @nikono or @Pris-kim can help with setup for the WR-371AC from ComFast.

Here is a link to Pris-kim’s Post on his setup,
Breeze Range Extender

Last edited:
Wr-370ac tried everything from pris-Kim gonna try an iPhone 7 and not my 6s. It makes the connection to breeze but once I connect to to extender and launch app I can see live view but all sensors still greyed out and does not give the chirp “connected to breeze”

Will spend a bit more time testing, reinstalled app to no avail either

Last edited:
Nikono did you get the comfast 370AC to work? and tried a flight? I see you say it does but just want to confirm.

Last edited:
Sorry. I didn't see the thread as it moved to sticky.
The Comfast 370 worked.
For all my tests, I used the Samsung Note 2 (known to drop WiFi), LG V520 tablet and K88 tablet because I hated the small screen of my old iPhone 5.
I've just tested the extender with iPhone 5, the symptoms were as you described.
I don't know if the problem was caused by IOS or Comfast extender. But since the extender worked with Android, it's likely the IOS iPhone didn't do the firmware properly.

Reactions: ravell
Modify geofence range in software? Has anyone been able to get into the software code and change the geofence distance? I've searched the web and nobody seems to have taken that step... With the Wi-Fi range extenders up and running so well, it seems like the next logical step. 200 M would be all I'd need.
Also, as a side note, I noticed as I rocked the Breeze back and forth facing me, that the camera actually does a bit of its own type of one-axis gimbal correction attempting to keep the camera level. Pretty cool. This is a great little sky camera. Just need the 200 M range and its perfect. Video is amazing!

Great thread!

I’m using the Edimax and it has significantly increased my reliable range up to the geofence.

Setup wasn’t too difficult. Used a laptop to setup the Edimax as a WiFi-bridge to the Breeze, creating a new ssid Breeze..._5ex. Then connected my phone to the new ssid.

Would Yuneec be responsive to pushing a firmware update with farther geofence limits? I would love to turn the distance fence off altogether.

Good luck with that :confused:

Just got my Comfast and spent 5minutes for the hr setup and ready to fly up to geofence. Thanks all for the review and testimonials.

My order for a Comfast CF-WR370AC from china for $13 USD came, a bit a bit slow for delivery time for my taste :( but it works! Plugged it into my USB charger battery pack. There wasn't any step by step instructions on how to set it up so I watched videos of others setting up extenders on their phones and it fired up and found the breeze with no problems, showed a selected name to name the network similar to my original name for the Breeze like Rickscopter Plus ;) the only problem is the video on the phone is blackened out. I took it for a spin anyway and flew it with my controller, keeping an eye on it and no satellite connections. :cool: It responded brilliantly! Now to figure out why the live video isn't showing :D

My order for a Comfast CF-WR370AC from china for $13 USD came, a bit a bit slow for delivery time for my taste :( but it works! Plugged it into my USB charger battery pack. There wasn't any step by step instructions on how to set it up so I watched videos of others setting up extenders on their phones and it fired up and found the breeze with no problems, showed a selected name to name the network similar to my original name for the Breeze like Rickscopter Plus ;) the only problem is the video on the phone is blackened out. I took it for a spin anyway and flew it with my controller, keeping an eye on it and no satellite connections. :cool: It responded brilliantly! Now to figure out why the live video isn't showing :D

That is the opposite problem of another member. All he gets is the video feed and no flight control. What model of phone are you using?

Just got my Comfast and spent 5minutes for the hr setup and ready to fly up to geofence. Thanks all for the review and testimonials.
what model comfast did you get? 370 or 371 (folding Antennas) also what phone do you use, Android or iOS? Im going to assume android..

Rick “I took it for a spin anyway and flew it with my controller, keeping an eye on it and no satellite connections” - with no sensor or telemetry data for Battery, Satellites etc I did not even try to take off to much of a risk or maybe I did try and it did not let me with my iOS device (iphone)

Now to figure out why the live video isn't showing - What DoomM asked iOS or Android?

Last edited:
My phone is the Samsung S5 Android kernel 6.0.1 and the repeater Comfast CF-WR370AC

The antennae(s) are built in and you swivel the unit to for best results. It has a switch to change from 5 to 2.4 ghz. I think you have to update its software by logging directly in by the admin page. Going to play with it some more today.

Here is a link that shows way more than it did on the eBay sellers page that sold it to me:
$14.76 COMFAST CF-WR370AC 600Mbps USB Wifi Repeater - authentic / w/ 2*2dBi antennas / 802.11a/b/g/n/ac / 180 degree rotating at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:
Ok got some time to play with it and got the camera to work. Flew it around the yard fine .

Discovered a few quirky things, when I switched it to record videos, I no longer could control it with the game controller, after panic set in :eek: I was able to get it to land with the phone by using the land Icon. :rolleyes: Tried it again after resetting the Breeze app and was able to control it by the controller once again. :D This time I couldn't get it to show the red record button. :confused: I have no idea as to what is going on with this puppy. Will have to try and open it up with a computer to see if I can tinker with the settings on the repeater.
10564-28370f4085dd28ad7ad29d9bf3ada8dc.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-27-14-54-28[1].png
    Screenshot_2018-07-27-14-54-28[1].png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
That is the opposite problem of another member. All he gets is the video feed and no flight control. What model of phone are you using?

İ have the same problem with wr371ac + iphone x, i have the live video feed but no flight control. App doesn’t say, “drone connected” and the power button light on breeze keeps flashing. Any help with that??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval