Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Build 829 (Patch) is now out. Here we go again!

During my first week, with the new build, it was performing flawlessly, then all of the sudden, it’s giving me signs of trouble that I now have rolled back. Yesterday, I had a worry free flight, with 784. I am confused, with 822/829, because if there’s problems with the build, it should indicate during the first couple of flights. I also did a stress test, and 822 performed well.

S M H

Testing the drones distance capability yields indications of drone’s full signal strength, also it is a telltale signs that if flying in close proximity, the drone can “supposedly” have a better performance flying behind objects without interference. This is why distance test is important, and to top, it is a confidence builder.
IT would of benefit if Yuneec gave what improments or shuch to the H+ in news|actual news from yuneec-yuneec. But there nothing about the H+ excepted auto pilot 1.5 and thats IT.

Just flew 829 yesterday for the first time. I took photos of 5 different real estate listings. Wind was in the mid 20 mph's, but the H Plus did its job. At all locations, the transmitter GPS was saying N/A for several minutes, and then would go up to 5-7 tops. The drone would get 16+. The last one I shot, the drone kept lifting, and was very hard coming down. I had to hold the left stick halfway down to keep it hovering. Once on the ground, it tried to flip over. I quickly put it back in the air and tried again. Once on the ground, I hit the red button several times, and with each push, the props slowed down some and finally shutoff. I have never had this GPS issue. My transmitter has always been around 12-17, and GPS has always been 19-21. I did have the issue with having to hold it down before, on build 784 (if I remember correctly). Oh, and I was also getting lots of geomagnetic warnings. Never had that issue neither.

My first flight with 822 without IMU calibration.

My week with 822 with calibration has been awesome. However, things went south. First day on its second week things just went NUTS!!!!!

S M H

Reactions: TurboDad81
@RPR,
When you have your acceleration stick in the down mode, landing, don't just let go, ease it back to center.
I've watched @Ty Pilot and he would do something (not sure) but it would auto land?

@RPR,
When you have your acceleration stick in the down mode, landing, don't just let go, ease it back to center.
I thought there is an auto land that you can tap on the screen?

Yes. Auto land does not work, I’ve tried it. It’s an unsafe feature once the drone wants to climb up by itself, because it will tip over. Manual landing back to the launchpad or hand catching works best.

During my first week, with the fully calibrated 822, it flew really well. Second week, had me confused, I am getting solid connectivity, yet it’s acting up.

Have you cleaned the sticks, I'm sure you have?
I'm sure you looked also at the properties for stick calibration?
I know your very methodical, just throwing out my ½¢ of Q's.

Have you cleaned the sticks, I'm sure you have?
I'm sure you looked also at the properties for stick calibration?
I know your very methodical, just throwing out my ½¢ of Q's.

Yep, the night before each flight, while waiting for my batteries to charge. I spend time with a little vacuum, clean the lens and go through my list. I’m superstitious, AH [emoji23] my wife thinks, I spend more time grooming and talking to my drones. I just roll my eyes at her..

But... Wait! You have more batteries than I do. I bet you and your drones has deeper conversations than I do with mine.. [emoji23]

Ok, so your drone is unhappy, If it's a she drone than what do you expect!
Male drones aren't as emotional!

Once on the ground, I hit the red button several times, and with each push, the props slowed down some and finally shutoff. I

I just hold the red button down for a couple of seconds. No tapping. Hold and it kills the motors. Also, when fairly windy, and 20 mph is fairly windy, you might find it easier to simply hand catch rather than land on the ground

But... Wait! You have more batteries than I do. I bet you and your drones has deeper conversations than I do with mine.. [emoji23]
I had 12 now down to 8.
I have my drone out on top of my container, so I'll look to make sure he's happy. I do pet him from time to time.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: RPR
I just hold the red button down for a couple of seconds. No tapping. Hold and it kills the motors. Also, when fairly windy, and 20 mph is fairly windy, you might find it easier to simply hand catch rather than land on the ground

It does not kill the motors quickly, I had to throttle down, while pressing the red button. I first ran into this with 757, disappeared with 784 (I will not even talk about 777)
And yeah, hand catching a better procedure,

@RPR I just watched your video (post #63) and I saw when you landed and pulled the left stick all the way down it would not shut off. I think they have changed the stick inputs just enough that if your rate slider is near the bottom the signal output to the control will not be enough to trigger motor stop. I remember having the same thing happen when I did my first Plus video - I had to pull the stick down and hit the kill switch. That was until I made a change to my landing procedure. Prior landing, the configuration for the controls is - Angle Mode - Slider at High Rate.

I noticed your rate slider is very close to Slow, moving it to high rate will give the throttle maximum throw and the motors should be stopped by throttle stick only - once again.

Slider.jpg

It does on mine. I hand catch, hold the red button down and the motors stop.

More will experience this Build 822, it seems as though connectivity is sending false peak.

I have expedited their beta testing x3 by taking the H Plus to work, it worked flawlessly. The following week was a confusing week for me.

*NOT ARMING: Preflight checks failed
- Frequent, motors will not arm. RC 14 / AC 20 connectivity.

*PREFLIGHT FAIL : EKF HIGH IMU GYRO BIAS
-AC would ascend and drift. And messages below as follows.

*MANUAL CONTROL LOST: 2,change to auto loiter.

*MANUAL CONTROL THE INTERRUPTION(at t=963291 ms)

*MANUAL CONTROL THE INTERRUPTION(at t=816532 ms)

WHY?? The connectivity status are good and solid, but opposite once airborne. This points to false peaking? Kindly let me know, and report back with your field observation, because I reverted back to 784, but will be closely monitoring 822, because I do like this build, but I just could not understand the changes in flight characteristics from the first few days of being SOLID as a rock, to present, which is undesirable.

Hi,

I installed 822/829 and came back to 784.

1 I found that the camera connection took longer than before (784: 4 to 5 s - 822: 10 to 12s) I am in china / us version.

2 the "Aircraft GPS switch" does not work properly, If I put it in the OFF position, it remains permanently in this OFF position, even if it indicates that it is in position ON > GPS loss

3 From 8 to 10 starts, the return camera video disappears (random)

I did not even try to fly, it reminded me of the worries with the 806/809

I went back to the 784, but to clear the bug of the Aircraft GPS switch (GPS OFF permanently), I had to go down to the 652 version in order to properly erase the autopilot, then go back to the 784 .

In short, even in official OTA, it's not brilliant

@RPR I just watched your video (post #63) and I saw when you landed and pulled the left stick all the way down it would not shut off. I think they have changed the stick inputs just enough that if your rate slider is near the bottom the signal output to the control will not be enough to trigger motor stop. I remember having the same thing happen when I did my first Plus video - I had to pull the stick down and hit the kill switch. That was until I made a change to my landing procedure. Prior landing, the configuration for the controls is - Angle Mode - Slider at High Rate.

I noticed your rate slider is very close to Slow, moving it to high rate will give the throttle maximum throw and the motors should be stopped by throttle stick only - once again.

View attachment 15455

During a hover test, I switch this down, fea

View attachment 15455

The method, I use to prevent tip over in this type scenario, based on experience. I can replicate this with 784, which I am on right now (again) and with the rate slider all the way down, and the AC senses that it is on the ground, the AC will still has the ability to shut off, regardless of the rate value. I have been doing this method successfully, due to past experience, and has become part of my routine as an early prevention to flyaways, and glad that Yuneec as implemented this slider to call out the rates on the fly, and I rely on the most common throttle down Ops (cutoff) and if that does not help, execute the red button shutdown protocol by tapping once or double tapping.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy