Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Build 829 (Patch) is now out. Here we go again!

@RPR @DCH it's known as PX4 system bug and do compass calibration again will fix it. And also will look for another software patch to improve it.
A software patch would be very good. A few days ago the ascent issue happened again, but this time it would not descent even with full down stick and full rates, all it would do was hover or ascend on its own. Fortunately it was only 5' off the ground and I was able to hand catch it and use the triple tap emergency stop to kill the motors. This has happened many time now, but this was the second time it refused to land and required a hand catch. This needs to be fixed!

Thank you @LinsonW for following up on this serious bug. Because this has happened to me so many times, it is now part of my "pre-flight" to always stop and hover immediately after lift off at about 4' to check for the ascent issue before starting my flight. If I did not do this the other day and just took off and climbed to 100' before realizing there was a problem, my Plus would have been irretrievable. I really hope Yuneec addresses this issue before someone looses their Plus. It's just a matter of time.

When I hand catch I simply hold the red button down on my H+. Motors stop in a couple of seconds.
I have not had the evil self ascend issue.
It is during the "Evil Ascend Issue" when the kill button may not work. The first time it happened to me the kill button was unresponsive, and I did not know about the triple tap. I had to pull the battery out while it was struggling to climb away full throttle because I had to let go of the stick so I could shove the ST16 under one arm, because I needed both hands to pull the battery. I NEVER want to repeat that "Hand Catch from Hėll" again! So I will never wait the 3 seconds to see if it is going to work or not, I'm going to cut right to chase and do the triple tap every time I have to hand catch it. Besides it accomplishes the task in less than a second, ...much faster than waiting the 3 seconds for the motors to shut off.

Knock on wood, I haven't had the ascend issue in a while.

You're right, pushing and holding the red button doesn't work when it's trying to ascend. I accidentally found out about the emergency stop by just rapidly pushing it when holding didn't work.

All of the problems that my H Plus has had in the past has not returned.

Reached 1 mile with Build 822

Field Report Now and then.

The RS copper shielding discovery is somewhat of a blessing that made me feel comfortable to manually map, with my H Plus.

An overview of my workflow: Manual 3D Mapping

For your info, I always run with the 784 and everything goes well. I did not meet the problems I encountered here:

For your info, I always run with the 784 and everything goes well. I did not meet the problems I encountered here:
Ironically I was ready to go to 784 the very night Build 822 appeared, but I decided to go ahead and take one for the team and try out 822 instead. Ever since then I have been ready to revert back to 784, but I have held out and watched @RPR go back and forth, waiting to see which one he liked best in the end ("Hey Mikey likes it!)".

Meanwhile, with many pilots not reporting the issues that a few of us are having, I am OK being one of the group guinea pigs and reporting the problems and issues I encounter with 822/829, and I'll stick it out a while longer, maybe even until the next build, knowing that at any time I can go back to the tried and true 784. So it's all good. ...At least until the day it flies away, then I'll be pissed!?

Ironically I was ready to go to 784 the very night Build 822 appeared, but I decided to go ahead and take one for the team and try out 822 instead. Ever since then I have been ready to revert back to 784, but I have held out and watched @RPR go back and forth, waiting to see which one he liked best in the end ("Hey Mikey likes it!)".

Meanwhile, with many pilots not reporting the issues that a few of us are having, I am OK being one of the group guinea pigs and reporting the problems and issues I encounter with 822/829, and I'll stick it out a while longer, maybe even until the next build, knowing that at any time I can go back to the tried and true 784. So it's all good. ...At least until the day it flies away, then I'll be pissed!?
I have just returned at the moment to work, it flies impeccable, no bugs, we can still calibrate and especially to trust and this is the most important for me, especially when flying in the city with special permissions.

I do not see myself putting copper films indoors for reasons of guarantee and insurance. As a professional, and if a problem during a flight that could cause an accident, the equipment must comply with the delivery and not dismantled by the owner. It's my point of view. ;)

As a professional, and if a problem during a flight that could cause an accident, the equipment must comply with the delivery and not dismantled by the owner. It's my point of view. ;)

The copper has blocked obvious problems and at the moment a simple cure.

Obvious problem that Yuneec has.

1) Software
2) Heat
3)Proper shield and locations of the components.

Professionalism: I have an analogy that I learned from Uncle Sam and the United States Marine Corp. “Get it done”

Out of topic. I was a young combat medic, once upon a time, and during medical training, I was confused of why we have superglue and a duck-tape in each of our bags. When, I figured it out. It thought it was the next best thing, next to wonder bread. [emoji38]

Last edited:
I have to use my sUAS Knowing that there are men and properties below. There is no policy in the code of ethics of “professionalism” where we cannot use common materials as a prevented modification to help aid or cure obvious problems if deemed useful.

Having been an expert witness in three separate RC model airplane incident law suits, I can tell you absolutely that whether or not any of the equipment had been modified was a top priority.

Did you snitch?

Reactions: JackMTaco
It's being truthful, honest, ethical, moral! God expects that out of people.
A trustworthy witness does not deceive, but a false witness spews lies.

The copper has blocked obvious problems and at the moment a simple cure.

Obvious problem that Yuneec has.

1) Software
2) Heat
3)Proper shield and locations of the components.

Professionalism: I have an analogy that I learned from Uncle Sam and the United States Marine Corp. “Get it done”

Out of topic. I was a young combat medic, once upon a time, and during medical training, I was confused of why we have superglue and a duck-tape in each of our bags. When, I figured it out. It thought it was the next best thing, next to wonder bread. [emoji38]
Do not be angry with my friend, for my part I managed several design office, the last with 40 engineers for a small aircraft manufacturer: AIRBUS
I worked on the 320, 330,340, 380 and A400M structures
My experience allows me to judge if we have the right or not to disassemble a flying device built by another company.
As you say, my flight was very strong this morning with the 784
And as I wrote, it is only my point of view. ;)
Do not get bored, we're here just to share our experiences:):D

Last edited:
Reactions: RPR
I just received my H Plus Saturday and no problems on the weekend, however Tuesday night I was draining the batteries to storage level in my back yard and noticed the ascending problem. It was very subtle but noticable. I hand grabbed and held the red button in. No need for me to push 3 times.
Btw, I am loving the H plus, coming from a non gps drone, this is extremely stable[emoji106]

Hello, I'm flying with the 829 version, so far I have no problem I have about 20 spent batteries, automatic unlocking and landing as well. I just think it takes a long time to connect with the camera around 20 ''. In Yuneec ma have said that it is normal. ??

I am disappointed with the flight mode seguirme yua that only follows the ST16s, I have seen that the DJI can follow other objects or people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval