Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can I install only the gimbal firmware to Typhoon H480 ?

Reaction score
I will find out that can I install only the gimbal firmware version to the Typhoon H480.
For example downgrading the gimbal version from 1.25 to 1.22 and then installing the v1.25 back.

There is N/A on Gimbal version section.

And where I can download old Typhoon H's firmwares ?

In some cases it works, in some cases not, however, it is worth to try:

Old H480 FW:

br HE

In some cases it works, in some cases not, however, it is worth to try:

Old H480 FW:

br HE
I just tried to downgrade the Typhoon H with your procedures, but I did not get it updated.

I copied the TyphoonH_Ver2.25_A.bin file to the sd card and then tried to downgrade it by using standard update procedure.

First it is checking the firmware and then it informs that firmware update success, althought there is no any changes happened.

I doupt that there is some data wire broken between gimbal and camera, because there is N/A in gimbal and autopilot version sections. Only the camera's firmware version shows correctly. It can be tell why the downgrading fails.

Last edited:
Can you tilt and spin the camera? If yes, UART function from drone to gimbal is up and working.
Also check the telemetry file in flight logs from ST16. If there are datasets available with fsk_RSSI = 0 then also gimbla to camera is working and we can focus on gimbal firmware. If not I would assume a hardware problem.

br HE

Can you tilt and spin the camera? If yes, UART function from drone to gimbal is up and working.
Also check the telemetry file in flight logs from ST16. If there are datasets available with fsk_RSSI = 0 then also gimbla to camera is working and we can focus on gimbal firmware. If not I would assume a hardware problem.

br HE
Tilt and spin are working and there is negative values between -10 to -45 in the fsk_rssi column.
I measured the wires between camera and gimbal, those wires are working end to end.

So, how can I do the downgrade procedure ?
I tried your linked downgrade procedure, but it did not downgraded the firmware.

........There is N/A on Gimbal version section.
.......where I can download old Typhoon H's firmwares ?
Please be aware of a potential problem if you do not know for certain the version of your current gimbal firmware.
Some few CGo3+ cameras came with version 1.27 gimbal firmware. The gimbals associated with that firmware use a different IMU. And the IMU is not compatible with ANY other gimbal firmware versions. If you downgrade version 1.27 firmware to any other version, the gimbal is bricked. I do not recall for certain if returning to version 1.27 will recover it or not. I also don't believe you can re-install version 1.27 anyway.

If you can't verify the version on-screen, you can remove the nose cover from the camera and look at the IMU. If you have a "boxed" type IMU, it will only operate with 1.27 firmware.

See CGO3+ Gimbal fails after updating firmware to the latest, please help!

CGo3+ IMUs R1.jpg

Last edited:
Please be aware of a potential problem if you do not know for certain the version of your current gimbal firmware.
Some few CGo3+ cameras came with version 1.27 gimbal firmware. The gimbals associated with that firmware use a different IMU. And the IMU is not compatible with ANY other gimbal firmware versions. If you downgrade version 1.27 firmware to any other version, the gimbal is bricked. I do not recall for certain if returning to version 1.27 will recover it or not. I also don't believe you can re-install version 1.27 anyway.

If you can't verify the version on-screen, you can remove the nose cover from the camera and look at the IMU. If you have a "boxed" type IMU, it will only operate with 1.27 firmware.

See CGO3+ Gimbal fails after updating firmware to the latest, please help!

View attachment 29449
Ok, good to know in future.
The camera works perfectly, but it still not display the versions of gimbal and autopilot.
I did not do anything for camera because it is working well without counting the firmware version displaing.

I am also interested if there is some hot shoe port on the cgo3+. I plan some kind of rtk or ppk mount for cgo3+, any recommendations ?

Do you know @WTFDproject or @h-elsner what is the reason when the camera pan control is in top position and when I put the pan control to top position the camera pan axel moves 180° when the camera is pointing ahead ?

Same problem with second camera, the angle is 90° after selected pan control top position.
Gimbal calibration done.

Do you know @WTFDproject or @h-elsner what is the reason when the camera pan control is in top position and when I put the pan control to top position the camera pan axel moves 180° when the camera is pointing ahead ?

Same problem with second camera, the angle is 90° after selected pan control top position.
Gimbal calibration done.
The first guess is that the Yaw motor is not correctly aligned to the mount. You will have to remove the four screws, turn the top of the motor (not the vertical arm) to the correct position in relation to the mount, and reinstall the screws.
Four Screws.jpg

This is especially likely to be true if the camera consistently moves to the same wrong position when the drone is powered up without the controller powered up.

Last edited:

Gimbal calibration done.
What kind of remote controller you are using? If this is ST10/10+ the formal behavior should be as you tell us. The important is the position of the camera with the remote powered off.

The first guess is that the Yaw motor is not correctly aligned to the mount. You will have to remove the four screws, turn the top of the motor (not the vertical arm) to the correct position in relation to the mount, and reinstall the screws.
View attachment 29512

This is especially likely to be true if the camera consistently moves to the same wrong position when the drone is powered up without the controller powered up.
The four screws were wrong position. That was the problem and after I moved the gimbal bottom mount and attached it to the pan motor right way it works like it should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval