Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
If any of you H520 flyers out there have damaged your E90 camera, I might be interested in it. So, if it has mechanical or optical damage and you don't have any use for it, I might be able to provide it a good home and a new lease on life!

Here's some background - I'm keen on buying an H520, but I need to be able to carry my own mapping camera. I've got someone helping to design a custom gimbal, but we are stuck on the fact that all the comms from the H520 & camera back to the ST16S are integrated into the E90 gimbal. If the electronics of your camera are in good shape, I'd like to talk.

You can reply in this thread or via PM. Thanks

I have a couple.
Pm me your proposals

just curious, why use another camera with the h520? The E90 is extremely impressive. what other camera are you planning to use for mapping?

asking because I also am interested in the h520 to use for mapping and photogrammetry

just curious, why use another camera with the h520? The E90 is extremely impressive. what other camera are you planning to use for mapping?

asking because I also am interested in the h520 to use for mapping and photogrammetry
Hi Pdc3ven,
My principle camera is a multi-spectral sensor (RedEdge 3) for vegetation mapping. I'm sure I'll find uses for the E90 :) but my bread and butter is vegetation status, health, and species identification. Here's an overview.

Hi Pdc3ven,
My principle camera is a multi-spectral sensor (RedEdge 3) for vegetation mapping. I'm sure I'll find uses for the E90 :) but my bread and butter is vegetation status, health, and species identification. Here's an overview.

Wait wait RichA, You have a FireFLY6 and want to put a multispectral sensor in the H520? :eek:

Please explain it to me. I don't understand :rolleyes:

Reactions: RichA
Wait wait RichA, You have a FireFLY6 and want to put a multispectral sensor in the H520? :eek:

Please explain it to me. I don't understand :rolleyes:
arruntus,
My FireFLY6 is an incredible bird and it will continue to be my first solution. This year I have a few jobs lined up on smaller properties, and so I've been investigating multirotors. The h520 is quite close to exactly what I need. If only it could carry 3rd party cameras.... So, my goal is to make this happen.

Reactions: arruntus
FireFLY6 is a beast, unfortunately it's very expensive. If the properties are small, a multirotor is better. More comfortable and functional.

Bearing in mind that it is for a multispectral sensor, where it will always record in nadir, the solution an adapter on the back can be valid. It would be different if it were a thermal camera with which you do need to point to different places.

For you this could be a solution with the H520.

Flir Duo Pro on h520

Wingman looks for the same as you but with a thermal camera and the solution is more complicated.

What you want is to replace the E90 with the multispectral using the same wiring system, right?

You could also send in the E90 and have it converted to your specs. I had maxmax.com convert a cgo-3+ to BGNIR and it works great.

FireFLY6 is a beast, unfortunately it's very expensive. If the properties are small, a multirotor is better. More comfortable and functional.

Bearing in mind that it is for a multispectral sensor, where it will always record in nadir, the solution an adapter on the back can be valid. It would be different if it were a thermal camera with which you do need to point to different places.

For you this could be a solution with the H520.

Flir Duo Pro on h520

Wingman looks for the same as you but with a thermal camera and the solution is more complicated.

What you want is to replace the E90 with the multispectral using the same wiring system, right?
arruntus,
You seem to understand quite well. We've developed a prototype gimbal & only need to maintain a nadir orientation. At a minimum I only need 5V for the camera, but I'd like to eventually do more. But to get telemetry from the H520 to the ST16S i need to extract the electronics and antenna from a scrapped E90 gimbal. (also, for the thermal infrared work I have lined up, I will need better resolution than a Duo, but it will also only need steady nadir orientation.)

I'm open to any advice as well as words of caution from you and others with Yuneec experience (do you like what I did there? ;) )

I have some experience riding DIY drones but not changing Yuneec's hardware. In principle, it's the same basis. The ideal would be to inject the video signal but I think in the multispectral is analogical, right? If it's 5-band I imagine it's RedEdge?

The mixer I think is in the ST16S so just replacing one camera by another and bridging the signal, you have to check which type is really the output of the E90, it could be done.

I still don't understand Yuneec's movement or problems to send the telemetry apart without having a camera connected. Is telemetry sent next to the video signal? I'm not sure, it's a different system than the one I'm used to.

I have prepared to do something similar but with a thermal camera, the Vue Pro R 640 add a small RGB camera and a mixer on the aircraft itself along with a video switch and control everything with the Taranis. I'm going crazy looking for a mixer, I haven't got it yet. This is on a DIY drone, not for the H520.

The recovery of land from quarrying operations I imagine it also falls within your sphere. I'm starting out more in cereal-oriented precision farming. Among other things and you know, who a lot embraces little squeezes, I go little by little :rolleyes:

They will release a 640x512 Radiometric Sensor. So don't go crazy trying to reinvent the wheel.
End of year is looking good now.
Was ment for middle I think but issues caused the delay.

They will release a 640x512 Radiometric Sensor. So don't go crazy trying to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks Haydn,
I'm mostly looking at IR sensors for my FireFly now and will hold off in anticipation of IR upgrades for the H520.
I hope you meant "end of MONTH" ;) and not year!
Cheers ...

Reactions: Haydn

I've been hearing that news since the H480 came out. Now it's too late, I have the Vue. They just released the CGO-ET and now they want to release a new one? I'm not complaining about it, I'm glad because the current one's been weak for a long time, but a lot of CGO-ET owners are gonna pull their hair out.

The wheel is already invented, yes, it's called Flir Due Pro and it's $9000 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a project for a DIY drone, not for the H520.

did a conversion of a e90 to telemetry only unit no video that should open things up custom wise with other cameras. and it works. now need make a new housing unit for this project. I got my camera workaround after all these months now I can fly it like the h480 that has no camera and get the data that I could not otherwise get.

Reactions: Haydn and RichA
did a conversion of a e90 to telemetry only unit no video that should open things up custom wise with other cameras. and it works. now need make a new housing unit for this project. I got my camera workaround after all these months now I can fly it like the h480 that has no camera and get the data that I could not otherwise get.
terrence,
This is very similar to what I want to do. Very exciting to learn you were successful. Do you have pictures of the modifications you made ? I will likely be contacting you when I start on my mods!
Cheers...

I believe it is this one next to the Negative Lead at the front of the board.

It reads 000.6 - 000.7ohms

Fuse.jpg

Attachments

• Fuse.jpg
    Fuse.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member