Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drift and not landing properly

Reaction score
Had the H since the end of December and recently I've had very bad drift and this last flight out I couldn't get it to land. I was down stick hard and it was fighting to rise up. I grabbed it but couldn't get the props to idle and had to red button it until it stopped. I did all calibrations (compass, gimbal and accelerometer) nothing seems to have helped. Any ideas out there? I get at least 10 sats. I fly on angle with avoidance off. Seemed OK when I first got it, but never as rock solid as I used to get with my previous drone(the one with 3 letters and no customer service). Any ideas before I contact support that I might be missing?

Tony

Use the convention name as it is now and add .txt to the end if it. That will upload, the .txt will be removed after download before trying to open it.

Had the H since the end of December and recently I've had very bad drift and this last flight out I couldn't get it to land. I was down stick hard and it was fighting to rise up. I grabbed it but couldn't get the props to idle and had to red button it until it stopped. I did all calibrations (compass, gimbal and accelerometer) nothing seems to have helped. Any ideas out there? I get at least 10 sats. I fly on angle with avoidance off. Seemed OK when I first got it, but never as rock solid as I used to get with my previous drone(the one with 3 letters and no customer service). Any ideas before I contact support that I might be missing? Tony
Anytime you have drift, the first thing to check is the sticks in Hardware Monitor. Move the sticks slowly in all directions and make certain the graph returns to center each time the stick is centered. The graph should move smoothly with out any jumping.
I think it is a good practice to move the sticks around several times before you lift off. That helps the contacts stay clean.
If everything looks okay in Hardware Monitor then upload the Remote_00071.csv file so we can compare the two.

Just an update....after all the recalibrations and the ST16 hardware calibration I am still getting severe drift and dipping down. All of my corrections get a jerky reaction at first and even my fighting the dip causes a drop before lifting back up. It landed ok but that was an issue I only had the one time. All of the graphs came back to center before and after the calibration so I think I can rule out the ST16. Looking at the csv it appears GPS goes to false during flight....is that normal? It seems it should stay True the whole time, but I'm not sure. I'm attaching the flight data. Any insight might help as I wait for Yuneec to get back to me.

Attachments

• flight data.zip
    264.8 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the suggestions all, but CS told me to send it on back, they think something's wrong inside the bird itself.

Reactions: Jacansel
Hi, I have had the same problem with my first TH (bought in may 2016) it flew great until this spring, then it started to behave as you described (drifts, toilet bowls, and refusing to land, mine was also losing GPS signal all the time even with 20 sats on bird and 18 on ST16).

I had to send it to Yuneec, and they changed it for a new drone. This new drone started to behave the same after ~4 flights. So again, I had to send it to yuneec. but this time they send me a new drone in advance... Thankfully this new TH works fine for now, but I have no idea how long will it stay that way.

Thanks for the suggestions all, but CS told me to send it on back, they think something's wrong inside the bird itself.
In the remote telemetry there was a problem with the right stick (roll). The value was not returning to center consistently and would have caused drift sideways. It also appears the GPS module is defective in the H. So the ST16 and H both have problems. Hopefully you will get a solid flyer back from Yuneec.

Reactions: stringertv
Strange turn of events.....Yuneec said to send the Typhoon and the ST to United Radio in Syracuse, sent me and RMA and shipping label and I just got a call from United Radio saying Yuneec's paperwork says any repairs are not covered under warranty. They seem as confused as me since the bill of sale is from Dec 31. The RMA does have a registration start date of 8/12/2017 on it which hasn't happened yet.

Strange turn of events.....Yuneec said to send the Typhoon and the ST to United Radio in Syracuse, sent me and RMA and shipping label and I just got a call from United Radio saying Yuneec's paperwork says any repairs are not covered under warranty. They seem as confused as me since the bill of sale is from Dec 31. The RMA does have a registration start date of 8/12/2017 on it which hasn't happened yet.
Indeed that is confusing. Was United going to try to clarify with Yuneec on the warranty status? Did they give any reason for non-warranty repair?

They said they were trying to figure it out through Yuneec. Hopefully it's just a mistake. They seemed as confused as me. Kudos to them for contacting me right away to let me know. They just got it on Friday. I called CS but they are closed for an hour during lunch.

I've heard good reports about United so I hope they can figure it out. They probably have a better direct line to Yuneec without waiting in the queue for someone to answer.
It appears to me it just needs the right stick replaced (or cleaned) and the GPS module replaced. Both easy fixes.

I finally got through to United Radio and they said the warranty issue was corrected. It took 7 full days for them to just get a phone call done...hopefully the repair goes a little smoother.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval