Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 / E90

Yuneec Europa publishes this short video showing the goodness of the E90. The fluidity of the image at that speed is very good

I love the smoothness of 60 fps and 100 Mbps.
The colors look like they could have used a little post processing. Although I get the mood of a still, damp, gray day at a lake in the woods.
It takes confidence to fly one direction while shooting in another.

Hmmm... internet compression makes this difficult. I still have not seen anything that is a noticeable improvement to the 480 and CGO3 images I’ve learned to capture. I’m not lusting for a system that’s great for inspection and corporate work currently and I’m super glad this thread has kept me from impulse purchasing.

Reactions: PatR
Yuneec Europa publishes this short video showing the goodness of the E90. The fluidity of the image at that speed is very good

Stop the torture with these incredible videos.:eek: I want a E50 and E90 for my 480!!!

You can have an E-50 equivalent for a few hundred $$. Send your camera to Peau for a lens change. I doubt the 90 will make it to the 480.

Reactions: AH-1G
No no no no, torture continues :D

As the title of the video says it all, I only limit myself to indicating that it allows downloading the original file for those of you who want to see it at 100mbit.

YUNEEC E90 Test Ungrades vs Graded Footage 4k 60fps/100mbit + Download Sample

Grading - ungraded and graded is referring to "Color Grading", basically post production altering/and or enhancing the color of film, video or even a still. So ungraded is meant to mean no change from the camera to what you see and graded is enhanced. Having said that, it may not technically be so in this case unless the author of the footage can confirm the settings of the camera while filming. As an example a raw DNG is ungraded while using the setting of Gorgeous (in the case of a CG03+) is technically adding enhancement.

I asked myself the same question, I was hoping someone would comment on it :oops:
To me it means messing with the colors to make the video look different than reality. This can be done quickly with LUTs (lookup tables) that have color/exposure/sharpness/etc. adjustments already pre-selected to apply to the video. Some editing software come with LUTs. Personally, I haven't seen a LUT that I liked. I'm not into altering reality. However, since cameras never capture reality accurately, manually adjusting the color/exposure/sharpness/etc. can help to make the video to look more like it did to my eyes in person (at least my perception of reality).

I'm working on the Beispielvideo right now to see if it can be improved. It's a difficult project because of the lighting.

Reactions: arruntus
To me it means messing with the colors to make the video look different than reality. This can be done quickly with LUTs (lookup tables) that have color/exposure/sharpness/etc. adjustments already pre-selected to apply to the video. Some editing software come with LUTs. Personally, I haven't seen a LUT that I liked. I'm not into altering reality. However, since cameras never capture reality accurately, manually adjusting the color/exposure/sharpness/etc. can help to make the video to look more like it did to my eyes in person (at least my perception of reality).

I'm working on the Beispielvideo right now to see if it can be improved. It's a difficult project because of the lighting.

Thank you both. I know what you mean, the translator has played a bad trick on me by translating it into classification. Which, by the way, also makes sense but I didn't understand.

@Rubik if you want to share the video of your tests, it will be welcome :)

Every film you ever see will have been graded. You're right that raw LUTs rarely look 'right' - however, when properly blended with the original video they can give you the ability to control the feel and quality of the footage in a way that simple brightness and contrast don't allow. Skies can be blue, vegetation richer and so on - or you can give it a more 'cinematic' feel with a particular palette.

The other factor is that good grading will allow you to combine footage from different sources, or different flights without getting that jarring feeling that you're watching two different events. It's an art that I barely understand, but moving seamlessly between handheld and aerial shots without feeling that one camera is 'worse' than the other one is a big deal.

Most LUT demos make it obvious that colors have been radically altered, but when properly used, they should just improve the atmosphere.

Here's a LUT demo that is intentionally obvious (it's showing what's possible rather than keeping things subtle) - I have a tool that allows you to color grade video on the ST-16, and put in scripted effects for quick client edits. Pause it around 1minute 10 and you can see the difference a LUT (on the right) can make :

There is some question whether LUTs would help with 'false color' vegetation images for agricultural surveys, but I haven't had a chance to investigate that.

Reactions: arruntus
Thank you both. I know what you mean, the translator has played a bad trick on me by translating it into classification. Which, by the way, also makes sense but I didn't understand.

@Rubik if you want to share the video of your tests, it will be welcome :)
Here's my cut at the file:
Dropbox - Beispielvideo Rubik.mp4
This is what I did:
  • omit the first few seconds where the camera's auto white balance was still adjusting
  • increase contrast
  • reduce exposure overall
  • increase exposure in dark areas
  • increase sharpness
  • increase color vibrance
  • output 3840x2160x60p (vs 4096x2160x60p original) which is the only 60p output from my editor
  • output 60 Mbps (vs 100 Mbps original) which is the limit of my editor
I couldn't do anything about the overblown sky and the light smearing onto the distant trees.
This project also showed me some limitations of my favorite video editor, Cyberlink PowerDirector. Since one of my other video cameras outputs 4K at 100 Mbps, I'm loosing some of the benefits of 100 Mbps for scenes with motion.

Reactions: zandoli
Every film you ever see will have been graded. You're right that raw LUTs rarely look 'right' - however, when properly blended with the original video they can give you the ability to control the feel and quality of the footage in a way that simple brightness and contrast don't allow. Skies can be blue, vegetation richer and so on - or you can give it a more 'cinematic' feel with a particular palette.

The other factor is that good grading will allow you to combine footage from different sources, or different flights without getting that jarring feeling that you're watching two different events. It's an art that I barely understand, but moving seamlessly between handheld and aerial shots without feeling that one camera is 'worse' than the other one is a big deal.

Most LUT demos make it obvious that colors have been radically altered, but when properly used, they should just improve the atmosphere.

Here's a LUT demo that is intentionally obvious (it's showing what's possible rather than keeping things subtle) - I have a tool that allows you to color grade video on the ST-16, and put in scripted effects for quick client edits. Pause it around 1minute 10 and you can see the difference a LUT (on the right) can make :

There is some question whether LUTs would help with 'false color' vegetation images for agricultural surveys, but I haven't had a chance to investigate that.
Thanks for the information. Perhaps I should be looking at using LUTs again.

Here's my cut at the file:
Dropbox - Beispielvideo Rubik.mp4
This is what I did:
  • omit the first few seconds where the camera's auto white balance was still adjusting
  • increase contrast
  • reduce exposure overall
  • increase exposure in dark areas
  • increase sharpness
  • increase color vibrance
  • output 3840x2160x60p (vs 4096x2160x60p original) which is the only 60p output from my editor
  • output 60 Mbps (vs 100 Mbps original) which is the limit of my editor
I couldn't do anything about the overblown sky and the light smearing onto the distant trees.
This project also showed me some limitations of my favorite video editor, Cyberlink PowerDirector. Since one of my other video cameras outputs 4K at 100 Mbps, I'm loosing some of the benefits of 100 Mbps for scenes with motion.

In spite of the limitations of the editor it looks better, more defined details. The branches and leaves are best distinguished by looking at the trees.

I like the way it looks, without saturation in the colors or anything, it looks natural but with better quality.

Good video, thx :)

This video where you can see images taken by the H520 and a competitor of another brand has no intention of creating polemic.

I know that images are not comparable, even though the two cameras are practically the same, but if you want to see the difference between recording using or not an ND filter is good.

I sure don't like the smearing of bright sky onto the distant hills with the H520 (see at 1:04). This is similar to the Beispielvideo in that respect. Could this be the very same camera? It's almost as though the lens is not clean. The "other" camera in this comparison video did not have that problem. I don't think the ND filter would have changed that.

We haven't had an interesting video from the cameras in a while. This time the E90 as an inspection chamber. The author shows us many examples of shots, at what distance he has taken them and then a zoom of some detail of those photos. It is interesting to get an idea of the capabilities of the E90 if it is intended to be used for inspections.

Reactions: PatR and ArltTech

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nvjfirut