Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 / E90

The software I use is pretty basic. But so far can handle anything I throw at it. Once you put your video on the timeline and render it. It runs very smooth with no lag. Also. Anytime you add a transition or adjust something. You need to tap the render tab again. But it only takes seconds. I use. "Wondershare Filmora" the paid version. But it was only like £40. And does what I need it to do.
Hi RGilmore,
Many thanks for the info. I am looking for a very easy soft and this one seems to me very good.
Thanks a lot
Alain

Reactions: RGilmore
Guys, for anyone interested, Ive added 6 more pics to the collection, 3 dng and the jpeg counterpart here in the drive, H520 PICTURES - Google Drive

turns out editing the dng, adding fisheye removal and keystone correction is working really well on them. A little bit of work from yuneec in the camera software and the jpegs could be coming out amazing straight from this E90 camera.Carrickfergus Castle-1.jpg

Reactions: oliver and arruntus
Inspection video made with the E90. The difference in the sensor seems to compensate quite well for the difference in the lenses.

Reactions: Faz1
Inspection video made with the E90. The difference in the sensor seems to compensate quite well for the difference in the lenses.

That looks amazing and the 520 just hangs where you put it. Have you tried obstacle avoidance while you were up there? When you zoom in on the still how is the image quality for inspection detail? Great work!

The E50 so much sharper than the 90, finally a really good comparison.

Yes that definitely shows the E50 is the way to go for inspection, just like Yuneec has said, great job to TE for putting that together. A comparison on a tower/structure closer in with same concept would be interesting to see.

It looks like the E50 uses the same in-camera processing (sharpness, color, etc.) as the CGO3+. Whereas the E90 image appeared much less processed, like RAW, which would appeal to videographers more.

Another inspection video with the E90 of the mate Fan Tho Mass.

In this case of two towers, the first one I don't know what it is, a giant anonometer maybe? The second one looks like a radio tower. Interesting that it has marked the real distance to the object and then we can see what the E90 has recorded. Good video.

@ArltTech before you ask for it.....

Reactions: oliver

In this case of two towers, the first one I don't know what it is, a giant anonometer maybe? The second one looks like a radio tower. Interesting that it has marked the real distance to the object and then we can see what the E90 has recorded. Good video.

This forum is awesome! You just think of something and an answer automatically pops up:)

I would have been worried about the obstacles such as guy-wires and horizontal projections that come from above and below the field of view from the camera. The pilot must have had pretty clear view from below.
Also, notice that the horizon is almost perfectly straight at 2:40+. Good enough for me.

I would have been worried about the obstacles such as guy-wires and horizontal projections that come from above and below the field of view from the camera. The pilot must have had pretty clear view from below.
Also, notice that the horizon is almost perfectly straight at 2:40+. Good enough for me.

Exactly what I thought. Those steel ropes scare anyone, a gust of wind at the wrong time and you're already upset for the whole year (or next year this it's going to end fast :rolleyes:)

I asked him out of curiosity what kind of towers they were because I had never seen them before and he answered this to me.

The first tower with the funnel sends out microwaves into the ground to measure certain events. The Second Tower in the forest measures, among other things, the rain falling from the trees to the ground, more detailed here: Forschungszentrum Jülich - node

Every day we have to learn something new, clear example :p

Rain finally stopped but wind came, I couldn't take it anymore so went ahead with very first flight anyway. Normally would never do that in the wind on a machine never flown, but all made me believe. No disappointment here, was impressed. Video not too exciting (quick up and down), but there is a horizon and wind :) Oh yeah, forgot about retracting landing gear so likely even better yet in wind.

Last edited:

nice video, no problem with horizon, very good

Rain finally stopped but wind came, I couldn't take it anymore so went ahead with very first flight anyway. Normally would never do that in the wind on a machine never flown, but all made me believe. No disappointment here, was impressed. Video not too exciting (quick up and down), but there is a horizon and wind :) Oh yeah, forgot about retracting landing gear so likely even better yet in wind.

Congratulations on the first flight. :D

It's quite windy but he's behaving like a champion ;)

I don't know, I'd rather be a little scared and not get too close to any object because then you gain confidence and at any moment the disaster happens :oops:

Congratulations on the first flight. :D

It's quite windy but he's behaving like a champion ;)

I don't know, I'd rather be a little scared and not get too close to any object because then you gain confidence and at any moment the disaster happens :oops:
You are right about that. I was not too worried as that tree is trained pretty good and likes drones. The ones behind however are known to snatch drones right out of the air, that's why I cut off all of their leaves.

Simon Thomas brings us another video comparing the E50 and E90 cameras.

You can see different shots taken at the same distance with both cameras.

Simon Thomas brings us another video comparing the E50 and E90 cameras.

You can see different shots taken at the same distance with both cameras.

Nice to see the differences. Unfortunately, at least one of the comparison shots near the middle of the video (shooting along road between fields) was an unfair comparison. The sun was lighting the area for the E50 shot and not for the E90 shot. The sun really improves the video.

He had some interesting ways to use the H520/E50 inspection capabilities for home owners. Birds in eves, gutters plugged, weather vane condition, etc. I just wish I remembered the German I learned in high school!

Yuneec Europa publishes this short video showing the goodness of the E90. The fluidity of the image at that speed is very good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads