Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 / E90

That pine tree too close... :confused:

I imagine you have everything updated and corrected? happened in all the cameras? Still a little confused by the fact that from the beginning people did and others did not.....
I flew to the tree for fun!

Comparison between E90 and CGO3+ and something else

Wow! I'm exhausted after watching that twice. Thanks for going to the trouble of making the comparisons. My comments:
  • It's clear that the 20 Mp image of the E90 has much more detail than the 12 Mp image of the CGO3+. I assume you were showing us .jpg images in both cases.
  • Are you saying that the .jpg images can have some software distortion correction (as well as sharpening and compression) vs. the .dng images? I checked some of my CGO3+ photos taken recently with camera tilted down and see no difference in distortion in the corners between .jpg and .dng.
  • I'm not sure I agree with your criticism of your E90 camera distortion. In your case, with the horizon near the top of the image, the horizon is fairly straight but vertical lines near the top at either side of the image are leaning outward. That looks bad but is typical of wide angle images where the camera is tilted down. My CGO3+ does that also, even with a straight horizon. I'm not sure that is correctable optically or in software without other compromises.
  • What about videos? Both cameras are 4K, so the level of detail should be comparable. However, 100 Mbps vs. 60 Mbps should improve clarity for scenes with motion (less pixelation). And 60 fps vs 30 fps will reduce blurring during scenes with motion.
Keep up your good work.

Reactions: RGilmore
Wow! I'm exhausted after watching that twice. Thanks for going to the trouble of making the comparisons. My comments:
  • It's clear that the 20 Mp image of the E90 has much more detail than the 12 Mp image of the CGO3+. I assume you were showing us .jpg images in both cases.
  • Are you saying that the .jpg images can have some software distortion correction (as well as sharpening and compression) vs. the .dng images? I checked some of my CGO3+ photos taken recently with camera tilted down and see no difference in distortion in the corners between .jpg and .dng.
  • I'm not sure I agree with your criticism of your E90 camera distortion. In your case, with the horizon near the top of the image, the horizon is fairly straight but vertical lines near the top at either side of the image are leaning outward. That looks bad but is typical of wide angle images where the camera is tilted down. My CGO3+ does that also, even with a straight horizon. I'm not sure that is correctable optically or in software without other compromises.
  • What about videos? Both cameras are 4K, so the level of detail should be comparable. However, 100 Mbps vs. 60 Mbps should improve clarity for scenes with motion (less pixelation). And 60 fps vs 30 fps will reduce blurring during scenes with motion.
Keep up your good work.

Unfortunately, the video is not mine. It's easy to thank the author on Youtube with a like or a comment ;)

Reactions: RGilmore
Curious, when he pans why is it jaggy?
I was shooting with a very high shutter speed. Had no nd filters on. Im uploading some pictures and video for you to download. Original file. Be sure your computer can playback 4k @50fps (100282kbps)

Downloads here jpegs and DNG counterparts, and a short video clip for you all to look at. Link also available in the YT video description. If any of you are on Facebook. Out group. The "Yuneec Typhoon H Uk Pilots" group is where I can easily be found and share stuff there too when I can. Forums are not really my forte. Lol. Cheers. Ps. I may delete and add various pictures over the weeks. But the 520 pictures file can be found on this link.

H520 PICTURES - Google Drive

Downloads here jpegs and DNG counterparts, and a short video clip for you all to look at. Link also available in the YT video description. If any of you are on Facebook. Out group. The "Yuneec Typhoon H Uk Pilots" group is where I can easily be found and share stuff there too when I can. Forums are not really my forte. Lol. Cheers. Ps. I may delete and add various pictures over the weeks. But the 520 pictures file can be found on this link.

Yes, yes, Richard. I see what you mean. Flipping between the two YUN_0003 files, the .jpg file has less horizon curvature than the .dng file but more vertical line distortion in the upper corners (see tower in distance). Also evident with the two YUN_0006 files. That is not the case with my TH photos.

I downloaded YUN_0003.dng and opened it in my photo editing software. Sure enough. When I applied the fisheye distortion correction, the tower leaned over farther as I straightened the horizon.

So, the algorithm to make the horizon straighter causes more leaning of vertical lines. Hmm.....

Other than that, I sure do like the look of the .dng files, straight out of the H520.
Thanks again.

But wait! I took your YUN_0003.dng and added both Fisheye Distortion correction and Vertical Keystone correction. The file had to be cropped but look how this worked out:
YUN_0003.dng.jpg
The resolution dropped a bit in the process.

Attachments

• YUN_0003.dng.jpg
    YUN_0003.dng.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
But wait! I took your YUN_0003.dng and added both Fisheye Distortion correction and Vertical Keystone correction. The file had to be cropped but look how this worked out:
View attachment 7532
The resolution dropped a bit in the process.

That's a very good sign, it means that Yuneec has to update the camera a little more, there is room for improvement :)

All this is very interesting, The photos are much better than the CG03 + and this video is good because you vary the tilt of the camera and at the same time you orient it to the sun. It's a good test and we are not too embarrassed by the curvature of the horizon.
Bravo & Thank you

Lens protector for cameras

It may sound silly but properly protecting the camera lens can prevent us from getting dirty or more severe scratches.

Rayray has already put links where to buy or search for the ones you like the most.

Watching it on video doesn't hurt.

I've been prowling the P4P forum to see what they have to say about their 4K60fps camera. While it produces smoother motion, they are loosing a bit of resolution compared to 4K30fps. They notice that the video images are somewhat "softer". The cause seems to be the 100 Mbps limit. The processor has to transfer less information per frame to fit into the available bit rate. As with most things, there's a trade-off. Smoother motion or higher resolution.

which software are you using in that video ?
The software I use is pretty basic. But so far can handle anything I throw at it. Once you put your video on the timeline and render it. It runs very smooth with no lag. Also. Anytime you add a transition or adjust something. You need to tap the render tab again. But it only takes seconds. I use. "Wondershare Filmora" the paid version. But it was only like £40. And does what I need it to do.

Used these new ND filters for the first time yesterday. Much better than the cheap ebay plastic versions I originally bought.

Attachments

• IMG_20171021_083714.jpg
    IMG_20171021_083714.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20171021_083916.png
    IMG_20171021_083916.png
    617.1 KB · Views: 23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member