Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips

Hi, I bought my Breeze from usa and i am not able to see the breeze wifi. I live in UK and i am using Galaxy s7 edge and an Chinese phone which is able to to work on all wifi bands. i read all of your posts and i think the only solution for me is to upload the uncompressed firmware but your link is not working anymore. Please, can you post a link to download this firmware? also, different solutions for solving my problem are welcome. Cheers.

Hi, I bought my Breeze from usa and i am not able to see the breeze wifi. I live in UK and i am using Galaxy s7 edge and an Chinese phone which is able to to work on all wifi bands. i read all of your posts and i think the only solution for me is to upload the uncompressed firmware but your link is not working anymore. Please, can you post a link to download this firmware? also, different solutions for solving my problem are welcome. Cheers.
Hi cotoboto,
I happen to have the European version of firmware.bin. The size of this file is nearly 70 MB. If you PM me your email I could send it to you via WeTransfer. I'd be glad to help, as most of the known downloadlinks are dead by now.
The usual caveats apply: You do it at your own risk, you use software of unknown origin, I will not be responsible for anything, etc bla bla...

Hi cotoboto,
I happen to have the European version of firmware.bin. The size of this file is nearly 70 MB. If you PM me your email I could send it to you via WeTransfer. I'd be glad to help, as most of the known downloadlinks are dead by now.
The usual caveats apply: You do it at your own risk, you use software of unknown origin, I will not be responsible for anything, etc bla bla...
Thank you very much but i received the firmware from Yuneec Germany along with installing procedure and now i can use my drone with no problem. Thank you again. Cheers.

Hi cotoboto,

Hi!
could you send it to me, pls?
[email protected]

Sorry, I'm a Newbie. I have European version of Breeze.
Which version of firmware should I install to avoid connection problems (WI FI signal loss during flight) with Android?
Thanks

Which version of firmware should I install to avoid connection problems (WI FI signal loss during flight) with Android?
Thanks
You have to install the "F"-version (no pun intended) of the firmware. The 0.1.47 version is the latest AFAIK. Here you will experience WiFi loss and video lags - sometimes. On good days it will work just fine. The earlier versions (0.1.33, 0.1.35 up to 0.1.39) give less trouble with the wireless connection but fail in other aspects. So it is yours to choose.

You have to install the "F"-version (no pun intended) of the firmware. The 0.1.47 version is the latest AFAIK. Here you will experience WiFi loss and video lags - sometimes. On good days it will work just fine. The earlier versions (0.1.33, 0.1.35 up to 0.1.39) give less trouble with the wireless connection but fail in other aspects. So it is yours to choose.
What were the problems in previous version?

That's great! I was able to downgrade to the first version of firmware and all troubles of WI FI signal loss disappeared!
Thank you very much!

What were the problems in previous version?

There was one firmware where you could switch between indoor/outdoor. IIRC it was 0.1.39. This version sometimes stuck in indoor mode and was very hard to get going again. Hence the firmware.bin. All previous versions seem to lack the follow-me functionality - at least the European versions for Androis phones. BTW "Follow Me" is still tricky and not working reliably.

My personal approach: When WiFi reliability is paramount I have the firmware.bin installed. Connection is superfast, the lower end of the 5 GHz Band is used so I can use my Xperia Z1.

Can I please ask if it would work in different countries. I ordered my yuneec breeze from US and I live in the UK with a HTC ONE M8. I am not sure if it would connect to the wifi here since it is from a different country. There is another problem-whether my HTC will connect(it does have 5ghz dual band). Could anyone tell me if it will work here?

It should do mate. I think the only differences were the power outputs of the wifi but i'm sure somone with more knowledge on that will be along soon.

Hi,

FYI....

I'm writing this to help others who may be in a similar situation as me.
After my Breeze crashed a couple times due to faulty app and firmware updates I tried to contact Yuneec for help.
I spent a long time on hold, and a long time with '0 minutes remaining' before I got hung up on. I guess I wasn't the only one.
An E-Mail went unanswered for days, and finally an answer came to review the flight logs. Sent.
It's been a month with no response since then. Nice.
So I was left with a flightless Breeze and bad firmware.
Which they apparently know about, because the automatic firmware update is currently offline from Yuneec.
I'm still upset about this, because the Breeze worked fine, and was in perfect mint condition before the updates.

Well, I took it upon myself to figure out how to fix this Breeze. Nothing a little duct tape, some new props, and unsticking a few jammed motors can't do!
But, now how to get off this terrible firmware? A lot of research later, picking from other threads and such I figured it out.
I use Android OS to fly breeze and I've also used IOS once. IOS app is more refined for sure.

WIFI ISSUES:

I noticed the latest versions of the firmware after updating are having trouble starting a wifi hotspot on the Breeze (flashing green mode)

If after powering up the Breeze, and waiting 20 or so seconds it is not flashing green, but flashing red for a long time, it isn't going to work.
Restart until you see the green flashing light.

TIP: Earlier firmware versions would turn flashing green every time, but the later ones seem to be stalling the wifi hotspot startup.
I have had more luck holding the power button down to turn ON the Breeze for about 5 seconds (holding until right after the last startup tones finish) before letting go.
Most of the time it will turn green flashing if powered on this way.

There are two issues going on here:

1. Bad firmware, where it just always refuses to ever flash green, so with no wifi hotspot from the Breeze -- no connection to Breeze (uh oh) screwed? maybe not.

2. Breeze flashes green with no problem, but you can't find Breeze wifi hotspot on phone/tablet. This may because latest firmware is using a wifi channel in 5Ghz range that your device cannot see.
You can try a difference device, or roll back the firmware ..

This is what I've been able to figure out so far.......

DISCLAIMER: This is at your own risk, only proceed if you have issues. Also please read the whole thing twice or three times before giving it a go.

Firmware is broken into 4 sections:

Client Version: THIS IS SPECIFIC TO OS, ANDROID AND IOS APP HAVE DIFFERENT VERSION #s HERE
Flying Control Version: 1.1.2 (I think this has to do with Orbit..Journey..basically how to do these modes, and how to fly/land also -- probably much much more)
Esc version: 1.0.3 (speed controller.. spin up the propellers and keep them going at correct rpm, and much more..)
Camera Version: 2.0.4(A) (camera firmware + has some things to do with wifi too..and maybe more)

You can see this in the "i" info section after you connect to the Breeze.

When I first got the Breeze back in Jan 2017, it updated itself to Flying Control 1.0.8, Esc 1.0.3, and Camera 1.0.2(A)

The firmware comes in different flavors based on region. You can tell based on Camera version. (A) or (F) (OR E,J,K)

Here is what the letters mean:

(A) - Standard (US)
(E) - Europe
(F) - Australia / New Zealand
(J) - Japan
(K) - Korea / Indonesia

Internal differences between firmware region versions is really unknown to me, other then the fact that the European(E) and Australia / New Zealand (F) versions allow the app to
show "Indoor" or "Outdoor" frequency selection options in the Settings of the latest app.
The (A) version does not have this option appear at all, because it's not an issue in the US (not needed)
Breeze always uses Outdoor / most power Tx in US standard version.

Different countries have different allowable transmit power levels and different allowable frequency transmit channels for wifi by law in the 5Ghz band.

European versions usually have a lower output power on the higher channels. And they restrict certain channels you can use, so Safety FIRST!
and keep those other channels open! You don't want to get wifi cancer now.

I'm not really sure if the Breeze lowers the power output for _F or _E versions or not.
It's just a simple selfie drone, it isn't designed to go 1 mile or 4 miles from you. My guess is it's the same, most likely has to do with channel selection <100 Indoor or >100 Outdoor frequency.
One of the problems arose because it choose a very high frequency for Outdoor mode and some devices just could not use it or see it, so no hotspot shows up on your list.

So now to get the version for you:

A:

http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.33_A.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.35_A.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.37_A.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.39_A.bin

F:

http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.33_F.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.35_F.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.37_F.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.39_F.bin
http://download.yuneec.com/Breeze/breeze_V0.1.41_F.bin

Notice F has one higher version then A (.41)

See below before you try a version higher then .39 - If you do, the Flying Control Version (FCV) cannot be reverted (or at least I don't know how yet)

There are a few _E.bin and _K,J.bin versions too.. just change the letter to the region firmware you need and download the file to your desktop.
Not all versions/regions are represented, or I just can't find them on the Yuneec download site.
I know for sure there is a 37_E.bin, and a 37_K.bin for example.

I installed all of them and tested the results for you.. you can go between A and F and F and A, etc.

As mentioned prior, the Flying Control Version never drops in version after upgraded by one of the firmwares, but the Camera version can drop (and this effects the wifi channel/power Tx maybe?)

At some point if you run .33(A,F,...) or .35 (A,F...) it will bring whatever your Flying Control Version is - up to 1.1.2 and it will not drop back (only if it was something younger)

Each firmware contains 2 updates The Autopilot (Flying Control Version) and the Camera.

A, F, ...

.33 = Gives you Camera Version 1.0.0
.35 = Gives you Camera Version 1.0.2 -- update to 1.1.2 FCV?
.37 = Gives you Camera Version 2.0.4 -- update to 1.1.2 FCV?
.39+ = WARNING: Upgrades Flying Control Version to 1.1.3 w/Camera 2.0.4 -- Once you are on 1.1.3 FCV you cannot go back to 1.1.2 or lower (yet)
.41_F = Upgrades Camera to 2.0.10(F) / FCV 1.1.3 only F version exists so far.

NOTE: If you currently have 1.1.2 FCV, it will stay 1.1.2, unless you install .39(A, or F)+ or greater where it will be upgraded to 1.1.3 and that's where you stay.
I don't know how to revert back to 1.1.2 or 1.0.8, etc, so I'm stuck on 1.1.3 .. not really sure if it's a good thing or not yet!

TO INSTALL:

After you download the firmware you want to try, simply connect the Breeze via USB cable to your computer. Drop the downloaded .bin file into root the Breeze SD card (NOT in DCIM MISC folders)
Disconnect from USB and Restart the Breeze.
Run the app, and connect to Breeze. Then go to "i" info .. and tap Firmware Upgrade. It will find the .bin, uncompress it, and install it.

At some point it may say "Breeze Restarting to update Camera" it will restart and you will see a purple flashing light. Don't turn off the Breeze and restart until the purple flashing stops.

So what I have done so far is upgraded to .39(A) and then downgraded to .33(A) and then back up to .37(A) where I stand now, with FCV 1.1.3, camera 2.0.4(A) -- no idea if this is the best combo or not. .39(A) had a tough time starting the flashing green wifi hotspot.. .37(A) also has this issue, but seems not as bad. Feel free to experiment :)

Oh, here is another TIP:

When flying near your house, set your local wifi connection to not Autoconnect. If connection drops between you and the Breeze, your phone/tablet is going to try and jump on the next wifi it sees
and there you will be scrambling to connect back to Breeze while your phone is connected to your home wifi :)

Special thanks to user fux and others w/ threads for some ideas and from his Typhoon firmware thread.

Enjoy.

Freeze -- /unFreeze the Breeze!/
How do you change from auto connect to manual connect if you own TG&Co. TG-L800s unlock cell phone using Android 6.0 is?

when should i press reset switch?? and how long time??
i pressed when drone power on. but it`is not change of anything....
my drone is something wrong beep sound when it is power on..

To do the factory reset:

Hold in the reset button with a modified paper clip or toothpick and power on the Breeze.

Release the reset button and then power off the Breeze.

The Breeze may fault out on power up. If so, power off then power on again. You should then be able to bind in WiFi. Once you are able to bind, make sure to run the compass calibration.

Reactions: sj_kim
thanks for replied~!

but not changed anything..:(

my drone is something wrong sound when it is power on..what is wrong??

Does the LED in the arm ever turn green?

If not, call Yuneec. If yes, can you connect on WiFi?
If not, call Yuneec. If yes, go into Tasks and check the status indicators at the upper right.

Report their colors from the left for IRS, Flow, GPS, number of satellites, Compass, and IMU.

yes...LED in the arm.....sometimes green color blinking....but my phone not connect wifi....

when breeze power on..led int he arm color is led on(not blinking)

yes...LED in the arm.....sometimes green color blinking....but my phone not connect wifi....

when breeze power on..led int he arm color is led on(not blinking)
What make and model of phone are you using?

Reactions: sj_kim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval