Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly Away - Typhoon H Pro (after firmware update)

[QUOTE="I took off from my usual spot at home, and started video. I climbed to 390 or so feet. Turned OBS AVOIDANCE ON. Steered drone to a zuaualk place where I test things. At about 1750' lost signal. I switched to RTH. Nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Why did you turn on OBS when your 390 feet in the air? Some tall trees there? It slows the drone down. Just curious.

[QUOTE="I took off from my usual spot at home, and started video. I climbed to 390 or so feet. Turned OBS AVOIDANCE ON. Steered drone to a usual place where I test things. At about 1750' away I lost signal. I manually switched to RTH (even though it was set to RTH at 400' when loss of signal) . Nothing.

Why did you turn on OBS when your 390 feet in the air? Some tall trees there? It slows the drone down. Just curious.[/QUOTE]
I turned it on "just in case". I didn't need speed. I prefer "better safe than sorry". I turned it on just in case Murphy's Law prevailed. I am a conservative kind of guy that has learned many lessons through the School of Hard Knocks, where the tuition increases each year and the courses become more difficult. I turn OBS OFF at about 50' when landing. Prior to "going on mission", I climb to about 375 feel (my RTH is set at 400 or so) move 100 yards away and test RTH. That also gives me more time to acquire even more sats at altitude. When my Typhoon flew away, I had 17 to 20 sats. My T/O altitude was 400 ' AGL. Where it was flying was 80 feet higher than my T/O place. Add another `100 to 150 for trees. I like "safe altitude", a lot of good it did me on this flyaway. If AOK, then I launch mission.

All ok with you? Thanks. ;)

Why did you turn on OBS when your 390 feet in the air? Some tall trees there? It slows the drone down. Just curious.
I turned it on "just in case". I didn't need speed. I prefer "better safe than sorry". I turned it on just in case Murphy's Law prevailed. I am a conservative kind of guy that has learned many lessons through the School of Hard Knocks, where the tuition increases each year and the courses become more difficult. I turn OBS OFF at about 50' when landing. Prior to "going on mission", I climb to about 375 feel (my RTH is set at 400 or so) move 100 yards away and test RTH. That also gives me more time to acquire even more sats at altitude. When my Typhoon flew away, I had 17 to 20 sats. My T/O altitude was 400 ' AGL. Where it was flying was 80 feet higher than my T/O place. Add another `100 to 150 for trees. I like "safe altitude", a lot of good it did me on this flyaway. If AOK, then I launch mission.

All ok with you? Thanks. ;)[/QUOTE]
Good luck getting it back. I've never had a fly away and I know I would freak out if I had it happen.

You can also connect the ST16 to your computer using the ST16 charging cable. Just plug it into the ST16 and a USB port, turn on the ST16 and after a couple of minutes it will show up as an additional drive.
Hi, I'm a novice and I'd like to know if charging st16 by using computer usb port is not bad for the battery?

You can also connect the ST16 to your computer using the ST16 charging cable. Just plug it into the ST16 and a USB port, turn on the ST16 and after a couple of minutes it will show up as an additional drive.
Hello,
I've tried to charge my st16 with charger SC4000-4 (without the Typhoon battery in place) and there is a green light blinking.. is it normal?
Thanks a lot

Hello,
I've tried to charge my st16 with charger SC4000-4 (without the Typhoon battery in place) and there is a green light blinking.. is it normal?
Thanks a lot
The lights on the charger are only used for the H battery. You will not get any indication when the ST16 is plugged in. Double tap on the ST16 screen and you should see an icon that shows the battery is charging.

Reactions: RicJO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33