Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly H without camera

Reaction score
Sunny day here no wind in sin city Fling about 225 AGL and boom c3go separates from base of H gimbal wires and all. I was able to locate the pieces but I have to call DOA very little reusable parts But my question is can the H fly without gimbal? I have 12 sats showing but radio stays in endless loop looking for camera force out of loop good sats hit angle mode for take off, no joy, motors remain locked I have Q500 it will no gimbal ??

Yes, the Typhoon H can be flown without the camera. I did that for a month while my camera was in for warranty service. Once the motors are armed, I believe the search for the camera ceases.

I have 12 sats showing but radio stays in endless loop looking for camera force out of loop good sats hit angle mode for take off, no joy, motors remain locked I have Q500 it will no gimbal
What language is that? I do not understand one word.
I have two Typhoon H, one with, one without camera. I fly both. The first to make videos, the second to have joy. Without camera the tasks like CCC or Orbit and so will not work because tasks need the 5GHz WiFi connection to communicate with aircraft via the serial interface between cam and aircraft.
- Camera or binding camera has nothing to do with GPS.
- Number of sats says nothing about GPS quality.
- You need a GPS lock to start motors.
Questions: What says the ST16? Aquiring or Ready? How long did you wait for GPS fix? Are you in free area outside?

Proposal: Create a new model, bind it to aircraft only, no camera bind process.

br HE

I have two Typhoon H, one with, one without camera. I fly both. The first to make videos, the second to have joy. Without camera the tasks like CCC or Orbit and so will not work because tasks need the 5GHz WiFi connection to communicate with aircraft via the serial interface between cam and aircraft.
Questions: What says the ST16? Aquiring or Ready? How long did you wait for GPS fix? Are you in free area outside?

br HE
you can also use this method for a 3rd party gimbal and 360 camera that uses no wifi... strickly SD card...

Isn't 12 Sat's borderline?

12 satellites for Smart or Task modes. You will have solid purple Main LED with white flash every couple of seconds.

br HE
sorry if you didn't understand my abbreviated composition and choice of grammar. next time I will break out the thesaurus. But I did following everyone's help get it back up in the air. Just hated to waste my entire spring break without some flight time

Isn't 12 Sat's borderline?

No. Less than 10. 10 or more enables use of Smart mode. You can fly with only 7 or 8 in Angle mode but accept that position hold will be inconsistent.

The camera is not necessary but the system will complain when it can’t find one, but it will fly just fine.

BTW, the “Chief” is making reference to a Q-500 in the Typhoon H forum. He’s one very lucky Chief as most of them don’t get a spring break

Last edited:
Reactions: TheChiefUSN
No. Less than 10. 10 or more enables use of Smart mode. You can fly with only 7 or 8 in Angle mode but accept that position hold will be inconsistent.

The camera is not necessary but the system will complain when it can’t find one, but it will fly just fine.
thanks I'll use that format

sorry if you didn't understand my abbreviated composition and choice of grammar. next time I will break out the thesaurus. But I did following everyone's help get it back up in the air. Just hated to waste my entire spring break without some flight time
Never fly in smart mode. If I fly with GPS the I wait for 15, give it the best possible chance.

Also Q500 is flying good without camera but no tasks FollowMe, WatchMe.
If I understand right, the main question is about arming motors, right?
Did you tried to use a new model at the ST10+? Says it 'Ready or Aquiring?

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval