Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got my RealSense....now what?

Strange....it's a link that takes you directly to Intel's website.

@raptorheli2, why do you think it won't work? I must admit, there's next to nothing about it available anywhere.

@Dragonflyerthom, I will unbox and take photos later and post them here. From looking at the Intel site, I can't tell if there's more than one version of this, so I'm assuming this is the correct module.
It states "Developer Version" I hope you are a developer, as this is not a consumer grade RealSense! Be very careful !!!

Reactions: QuadBart
I believe that is a SDK (software Developers Kit) Realsense module for use in development of applications (such as the Typhoon H). Yuneec will have a module that fits the drone and will have the software (if not already in the H) to operate the Realsense module for the purpose of a drone.
Right you are!!

LOL, as someone else stated in a previous post; "good luck".

Its a developers kit. Its not specific to the "H". Do you know how to program in what ever language they use? Do you know how to flash firmware? More importantly do you know how to integrate it into the existing system and are familiar with the "H" architecture?

Hey maybe you are developer with experience and even may know the "H" architecture, but if not.. GOOD LUCK!

Ok Folks....I was finally able to open up the box. Please see the attached images

Based on what I'm seeing here (and in the other RealSense thread), this is probably not the version for the Typhoon. That's ok, I will play around with the SDK...maybe there's a way to use it with the Typhoon until the final version comes out.

IMG_5794.JPG IMG_5793.JPG IMG_5796.JPG IMG_5794.JPG

That is not the same RealSense that the H uses. That is more for XBox use I believe. Same name as it is the same tech inside, more or less.
You should just send that back and wait for the one for the H.

I paid $129 plus tax and shipping....Here's the link to where I got mine
Intel®RealSense™ Developer Kit featuring SR300 - Intel® RealSense™ Developer Kits
Still says they are out of stock, but I put my order in about 2 months ago

I'm confused. What's the difference in the realsense you got (at that link $129) and the realsense mentioned further down for $500? Or is one a developer kit and the other the actual module?

Ok.... it looks like my question was answered while I was typing this message out. This is NOT the realsense made specifically for the Typhoon H.

What made you think this was the one for the H? I mean, if it didn't specifically state it was for the H, why would you order it?

I'll give you the same response that I always give my wife when she asks me questions like this........

"Because I'm An Idiot!"

Seriously, I am fine to just hang on the this and play with the SDK. Will be helpful to understand a bit more what's under the hood with this tech. I'll of course buy the one for the H when it becomes available.

That's okay Tony, your correct, you will understand the RealSense tech and settings way better than us, as I checked with Intel and they do have the same exact technology!;)

Unless the OP is programmer/Engineer thats familiar with this technology, its gonna be useless to him. I know you are trying to make him feel better, but it won't give him a better understanding of realsense. Its just like saying, "my computer uses Java and I downloaded JDK so now I'll better understand how my computer works if nothing else".... Not so...

The OP's best bet is to put it up on CL and maybe some developer-type will want it at a discount. Cut his losses. Otherwise its just gonna sit, unless again, the OP is an engineer that works in that technology...

That's okay Tony, your correct, you will understand the RealSense tech and settings way better than us, as I checked with Intel and they do have the same exact technology!;)

Reactions: Liketogethigh
Unless the OP is programmer/Engineer thats familiar with this technology, its gonna be useless to him. I know you are trying to make him feel better, but it won't give him a better understanding of realsense. Its just like saying, "my computer uses Java and I downloaded JDK so now I'll better understand how my computer works if nothing else".... Not so...

The OP's best bet is to put it up on CL and maybe some developer-type will want it at a discount. Cut his losses. Otherwise its just gonna sit, unless again, the OP is an engineer that works in that technology...
Your a mile off! He doesn't want it for his H and now realizes his mistake, but wants to keep it for other uses of whatever he chooses, So to be useless to you, may not be to others!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone