Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

You may have to spend some time researching battery dimensions at sites that will ship to the U.K. I’ll post the battery box dimensions when I get back to my laptop.

The EC- 5 connectors won’t work. Someone tried the no wires adaptors and found they don’t work well because of how stiff they are in length after being added to the battery’s connector.
Thanks for that, I have your battery box dimensions from an earlier post on this thread so save yourself a job.
I have decided to give these a go 4250mAh 6S 22.2v 35C LiPo Battery - Overlander Supersport Pro
obnoxiously expensive but hey ho.
Re ordered the cancelled soldering iron and accessories :)

Good to hear you found a solution. Unlike PatR or Steve my memory on all of these posts is very poor so I don't remember what batteries others from EU were buying.

There's a thread on FB where they talk about some dealers in Germany and elsewhere in the EU coming up with some different batteries. All of them seemed pretty expensive to me but those folks have to deal with VAT. If someone farts in the handling process a new tax percentage is added for the activity. Come to think of it, In the E.U. and California they do tax cow farts...:rolleyes:

When it comes to hot air and flatulence I think the politics in CA are hands down the winners. San Francisco the only city that spends 30 million to clean human crap off of the city sidewalks. Out here only the cattle poop where they sleep:rolleyes:

Reactions: PatR
The mA rating of those batteries would put flight time around 18-20 minutes, max. OTOH, that's better than what the Yuneec batteries will do at this point in their life cycle. As for the battery price, once the VAT is removed the price is not much over HK's Zippy 5000mA price. HK is ~$72.00U.S. as of a couple days ago.

FYI, for those with a Typhoon H, there are reports of people currently buying "brand new" batteries from Yuneec for them with a mid 2016 manufacturing date. It may come to pass Typhoon H owners could end up having to come up with their own power source solutions.

The mA rating of those batteries would put flight time around 18-20 minutes, max. OTOH, that's better than what the Yuneec batteries will do at this point in their life cycle. As for the battery price, once the VAT is removed the price is not much over HK's Zippy 5000mA price. HK is ~$72.00U.S. as of a couple days ago.

FYI, for those with a Typhoon H, there are reports of people currently buying "brand new" batteries from Yuneec for them with a mid 2016 manufacturing date. It may come to pass Typhoon H owners could end up having to come up with their own power source solutions.
I'll be happy with 18-20 mins I don't get that out of the 3 x Tattu's

Today I tested the Overlander Supersport Pro batteries in the 920+

supersportpro_4250mah_35c_6s_v2.1517345522.png
The batteries are reportedly 139x42x46 mm, I did not measure to confirm this but 2 do fit snugly in the 920 battery bay, as they are fairly short at 139mm this leaves plenty of room for cables and connectors allowing the door to close easily. The batteries are supplied without connectors so I did my first soldering in several decades which after watching a couple of YT videos all went well.
The technical page on the website lists the weight at 594g whilst I weighed one at 600g and the second at 593g.
Initial voltage on receipt was 22.79v for both.
First charge put one at 25.19v with IR of 29 and the second was 25.11v with IR of 24.

So, to the test flight. I took this fairly steady without massive accelerations but then this is how I usually fly anyway.
First off put her through a couple of pre programmed CCC's. flew without GPS for a few minutes and another CCC.
I brought her in at 21.9v which was at 14mins and 27 seconds and well above my low level alarm which has been reset to 21.5v, for me this was quite a reasonable flight time compared with my 3 x Tattus which for comparison I flew right after this and got low level alarm at 14mins and 52 seconds.

Time will tell but I will probably buy a second set to keep me going until something better comes along.

Reactions: thoneter
Tight, but as long as they don’t swell they should work. C rating is way high but if that’s what there is to work with it won’t hurt anything, just weigh a little more. I like not having connectors already.

You might want to fly the new batteries down to the low level alarm after putting a few more “light” cycles on them. I’m guessing you had another 5 minutes, give or take a little, in them when you landed.

You might want to fly the new batteries down to the low level alarm after putting a few more “light” cycles on them. I’m guessing you had another 5 minutes, give or take a little, in them when you landed.
Hi PatR. So what is the finally word on batteries which is the best option for the 920 you've tested this far .

Reactions: thoneter
I haven’t found anything larger capacity than the Zippy 5000’s that I want to spend money on yet. There is one Zippy with a little more capacity but also greater dimension, which may not allow fitting a pair. I don’t want to buy two batteries that can’t be used. For the moment I’m contemplating an externally mounted third battery.

Thanks PatR I was getting ready to order some batteries but seen few more post about a different battery .so zippy it is

Thanks PatR I was getting ready to order some batteries but seen few more post about a different battery .so zippy it is
It appears that HobbyKing is indicating the Zippy 5000 mAh LiPo out of stock for USA shipping but in stock for global shipping. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech