Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 replacement battery

Has anyone looked at the Venom Fly 5000 mah batteries? These are 22.2V LiPo 62, 111.0 wh.

The Yuneec OEM batteries are 1.77"H X 1.10"W X 6.7L. The Venom batteries are smaller in two dimensions (1.7" X 1.9" X 5.9"). They are available with EC-3 connectors. They are rated at 50C. $149.00.

I’ll pass. Three of those versus two dimensionally larger batteries at $70.00 each pencils out better for me, even if the three Venom’s provide 3-5 minutes more flight time.

Has anyone looked at the Venom Fly 5000 mah batteries? These are 22.2V LiPo 62, 111.0 wh.

The Yuneec OEM batteries are 1.77"H X 1.10"W X 6.7L. The Venom batteries are smaller in two dimensions (1.7" X 1.9" X 5.9"). They are available with EC-3 connectors. They are rated at 50C. $149.00.
Interesting I have not seen those before despite searching high and low for suitable batteries. The ones I see are 30C which are more than adequate, sadly not available in the UK at least https://www.amazon.co.uk/Venom-5000mAh-Battery-Compare-EFLB50006S30/dp/B017MOTQVK

I'm not sure if people are aware, been on the phone to Yuneec in the UK and they have put me in the direction of...

Opti power battery’s
6S 5000MAH 30-60C

At least Yuneec U.K. is providing their customers an alternative that’s regionally available. Here in the U.S. neither Yuneec or the dealers are making any suggestions at all. Perhaps they still have too much degraded performance battery product left to sell?

Reactions: thoneter
I'm not sure if people are aware, been on the phone to Yuneec in the UK and they have put me in the direction of...

Opti power battery’s
6S 5000MAH 30-60C
I came across these whilst searching for alternative batteries but discounted them as even their own website doesn't appear to list basic specifications like dimensions or weight. At least I could not find them so I moved on and have bought from Overlander.

Seeing as Yuneec UK recommend them then I guess they must fit

With a little care and dexterity. It was a lot more difficult when the adapters were 4-1/2” long...

Glad the adapters arrived.
Are you using ec3 plugs instead of xt90 or are you using an xt90 to ec3 adapter

Xt-90 to EC-3 adapter. Keep the wires between the two plugs short else their bulk will prevent door closure. If you’re careful you can just use EC-3 plugs at the battery wires but to do that requires tinning the wires and reducing their diameter a little to fit into an EC-3 terminal. If you go that route do one wire at a time, start to finish, before exposing any of the second wire. You are in effect playing with a live bomb if you have both wires exposed at the same time. Shorting one of these batteries is extremely dangerous.

Xt-90 to EC-3 adapter. Keep the wires between the two plugs short else their bulk will prevent door closure. If you’re careful you can just use EC-3 plugs at the battery wires but to do that requires tinning the wires and reducing their diameter a little to fit into an EC-3 terminal. If you go that route do one wire at a time, start to finish, before exposing any of the second wire. You are in effect playing with a live bomb if you have both wires exposed at the same time. Shorting one of these batteries is extremely dangerous.
Thanks. PatR So I went the ec3 route man is that difficult seems to have come out with good connections but I do think the adapter is safer where did you buy your adapters

Ill have to order a nice soldering station before I do another set. What size wire did you use to make your adapters

The connectors were ordered through Amazon. I usually buy in bulk so pick the source that is showing the quantity you think you might eventually use. For wire I always use multi-strand silicone wire. 12awg for this application.

The soldering station is a good idea. I don’t have one and use a couple different irons to get things done. An adjustable station would simplify things.

I found this soldering station in usa they have 3 yr labor and material warranty in house repair department it's from China but for the price it's a win

As so many things are manufactured in China to be sold under a different brand name elsewhere I don’t think where it comes from matters as much as the quality of the tool;)

Finaly just had to screen shot to get it to the right place sorry for the inconvenience

Inconvenience? What inconvenience? Thanks for the screen shot:)
PatR every time I tried to get it to the forum here it kept not showing up where I wanted it and wouldn't link .thanks to the patience of the moderator. While I was stump ling around .almost just gave up.

PatR I didn't get the listing number in screen here it is. The seller out of Nebraska. 312228005845

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy