Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help on What Camera I Have

Reaction score
Can someone please help me figure out if camera that was replaced on my drone is sane as original that came with drone when I purchased..My original camer had a silver "4k" logo and silver lining of lense,when I received replaces camrra aftsr repair,it had a black logo and lining lense.Will attached photos.In my St16 settings current camera shows "CGO3P_920A8B.Stock photo is camera ir originally came with

Attachments

• 8538.jpeg
    8538.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 8522.jpeg
    8522.jpeg
    712.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20181115_174134.jpg
    20181115_174134.jpg
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20181116-101536_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116-101536_Gallery.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 29
Ok,thanks for response.Guess Kav just used a older camera housing they had..Just wanted to make sure I didnt get one with older hardware or anything..

A couple of cheap stickers and a painted ring do not a camera make;). As long as you have the 4k settings you’re good to go. I don’t know of any actual camera internal component changes since they came out with the Typhoon and Chroma 4K. Only the gimbal design has changed and you obviously have the H gimbal mount.

Reactions: Full Pay Gaming
I can an abnormally large gap on the right side pivot of the camera, where the gimbal attaches. That doesn't look good, like some internal mount component is broken.

Is this a crash survivor?

That’s a question for the repair facility. There is no way for the general public to know.

Perhaps more importance should be devoted to more important things; does it work, work correctly, is it focused properly, does it pan and tilt smoothly? A couple of anecdotal things come to mind. One comes from an old Trini Lopez song where the verse “if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, get an ugly girl to marry you” is used, and another cliche of “pet the sweaty stuff, don’t sweat the petty stuff” might be applicable[emoji6]

Yes its a crash survivor.Camera was destroyed due to "motor failure" and unit came down hard..So should I contact Kav, or am I able to fix the the large gap you are noticing?

Attachments

• 20181004_215938.jpg
    20181004_215938.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 6
It does pan and tilt smoothly, havent noticed any problems with that yet.Going over some recordings I just captured at lake the other day,and found some videos from before crash and they seem to be same quality.Focusing doesnt seem great on moving "objects" but its the same from before and after crash, record setting on 4k..Maybe focusing isnt the best on this camera, or I should drop down resolution so I can get more fps.

Last edited:
Without an accurate description of how the camera is being used to capture a moving object that’s impossible to decide. If people think they can obtain a clear image of an object moving through the frame of a fixed position camera without altering shutter speed the problem would become one of understanding photography and light. Similar applies to effective use of pan speed. The desired effect being sought is obtained through various means. Ultimately, it’s not the camera that delivers the desired results, it’s the skill and comprehension of the photographer that provides it.

Just so you know, there is NO focusing by the CG03/+ camera, it is a fixed focus cam due to a very small sensor and lens is manually focused at factory at a distance out from drone, likely 25 ft or more, which is where you want it.

It has a large DOF (depth of field-ie things in focus) notice when on ground, blurry foreground and there is no focus search/seek and notice if you go up slowly it does not focus seek as well & if focussing we likely would see that focus seeking.

so issues with moving objects is just the objects are moving faster than what can be processed by the cam processor.

btw, the CG03/+ use the ambarella A12s SOC processor, the C23 uses a more advanced H2 processor from same company, notice that only H.264 is offered whereas C23 has H.265 also, a more compact file and can be 4kHD HDR as well even though the bit rates differ 50mb/s vs 100mb/s.

It does pan and tilt smoothly, havent noticed any problems with that yet.Going over some recordings I just captured at lake the other day,and found some videos from before crash and they seem to be same quality.Focusing doesnt seem great on moving "objects" but its the same from before and after crash, record setting on 4k..Maybe focusing isnt the best on this camera, or I should drop down resolution so I can get more fps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval