Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I recently crashed my Typhoon H into a tree, which caused some propellers to break, and a hard landing followed, resulting in a broken landing gear motor. I have purchased the replacement part, but after awhile of unsuccessfully trying to unscrew it, I have zero idea what I'm doing, and don't want to mess it up. Any ideas, suggestions, video tutorials, etc. would be very helpful! I attached the picture of how it broke. The landing gear is fine, just can't get the motor out to put a new one in!

Attachments

• IMG_2031.JPG
    IMG_2031.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Once the screw is removed it should slide out. In the meantime, do yourself a favor an remove the gimbal while working on the rest of it. You won't over stress the gimbal that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have done a few of those. lol two screws then pull up. You may have to carefully pull part of the lower cover out of the way if it is hanging. The aluminum end of the strut may be broken.
If you have the complete unit just one screw takes the strut off and can be put back on the new one.
In case you want to see inside this is how it looks. They really need to start selling just the aluminum ends instead of the whole $30 unit. I never had a problem with the servo just the broken pot aluminum end. I contacted someone that has made parts in the past but to machine them would cost about $20 if I ordered 100. If it was made out of real aluminum to me, it would be worth it. Something to think about.
DH8_3460-1024.JPG DH8_3461-1024.JPG

Reactions: WheelsUp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval