Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Important FIRMWARE version B23 - List Known Issues Here

After updating your H did you have any problems?

• Flies great. No problems

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Compass errors

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • GPS errors

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Loss of control. H won't respond to controller

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • H flew away and crashed

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a fellow on Facebook that made a post, not sure if he is a member here or not but it was a very interesting post and you guys might want to listen to what he has to say.

"
***Update on firmware nightmare***

Sent my logs and without even calling to talk Yuneec sent info to ship my unit back. I was lucky enough to speak to 1 of 2 guys who actually analyze the logs. He checked as I was on the phone and made the determination it WAS a software error and said he was sending it to China for further research. He said they have had VERY few people call in with issues in the last 2 weeks. In short if you had a recent accident that you believe was software related CALL THEM! They need the files and want to fix the issue if they have enough data to justify an actual issue.

He also said it could just be one off situations that need a lot of time to figure out what actually went on. He told me many things like what if you can't find the drone on a fly off, why the aux button does nothing YET. He didn't say what it's for just that we will have to wait and see. Great guy and wanted to get me taken care of, along with everyone else that had an issue. He can only help those who call in and report it.

If you have the updated firmware FLY!!!! It seems to be isolated now but the more flight time the better. If it is a software thing I'm proof they will stand behind their product.

The sales guy at my local store SUCKS, but Yuneec customer service is top notch! "

Does anyone have a direct email address to someone that knows what they're doing at Yuneec?

I've flown twice since I did the update, I've not experienced any problems except for the light that shows you what mode you are in flickering yellow every once in a while. Not sure what that means, but nothing came up on the control.
Hey Kiemon, I get that random yellow too, just the once during a flight. I looked on the charts and could not find anything. I feel your pain!

Reactions: Keimon Lawrence
There was a fellow on Facebook that made a post, not sure if he is a member here or not but it was a very interesting post and you guys might want to listen to what he has to say.

"
***Update on firmware nightmare***

Sent my logs and without even calling to talk Yuneec sent info to ship my unit back. I was lucky enough to speak to 1 of 2 guys who actually analyze the logs. He checked as I was on the phone and made the determination it WAS a software error and said he was sending it to China for further research. He said they have had VERY few people call in with issues in the last 2 weeks. In short if you had a recent accident that you believe was software related CALL THEM! They need the files and want to fix the issue if they have enough data to justify an actual issue.

He also said it could just be one off situations that need a lot of time to figure out what actually went on. He told me many things like what if you can't find the drone on a fly off, why the aux button does nothing YET. He didn't say what it's for just that we will have to wait and see. Great guy and wanted to get me taken care of, along with everyone else that had an issue. He can only help those who call in and report it.

If you have the updated firmware FLY!!!! It seems to be isolated now but the more flight time the better. If it is a software thing I'm proof they will stand behind their product.

The sales guy at my local store SUCKS, but Yuneec customer service is top notch! "
Sounds like they were definitely trying to take care of you. However, a little concerning is I cant believe they do not monitor this forum and have someone that participates. I believe they do and if they do they would definitely know something is going on with the latest firmware update and have plenty of data to work with. I think it would benefit Yuneec to create their own forum on their website like DJI has. We could more easily interact with them, upload telemetry files and such and they would have a ton of data to work with.

Did you not read my post or perhaps you did not understand the statement.

This is a copy and paste from Facebook

Did you not read my post or perhaps you did not understand the statement.

This is a copy and paste from Facebook
Oops it wasn't from you. Sorry, Guess I missed that part.

Reactions: KBflyer
Thats OK it happens. And I'm sure the Social Media guys that Yuneec has working for them stop in here every once in awhile. Lets hope they take notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything fine here so far and very happy with the latest eu update,my only grumble tho is Yuneec please sort out the wifi issue with the Euro firmware,it still takes ages to connect compared to the standard firmware and it still cuts out when you raise the legs on the H then takes 2-3 minutes to come back even when the copter is less then 5 feet away! This is both tedious and very annoying,especially as it resets the camera settings.

The only way to update properly:
Using your desktop or laptop PC or Mac:
1. Download the particular update file from Yuneec site using any browser except Internet Explorer.
2. Using a newly-formatted SD card or a useable one but with no files on it, copy the update file as is from your desktop or laptop.
3. Do the H first. Insert the SD card into the CGO3+ slot.
4. Power on ST16, and the H.
5. After complete initialization, go to System Settings on ST16, then press About Controller.
6. Press Update on Typhoon H option.
7. Wait patiently as the H takes a while to update, and wait until it gives a message that the updating has succeeded and asks to restart the aircraft. Press OK.
8. After turning off the H, wait 5 seconds before restarting. Make a note & make sure the new firmware versions are installed in the System Setting/ About Controller/ST16 & Typhoon H page.
9. Do the ST16 now. If using the same card as the card you used for the H update, erase the H file and copy the ST16 update file from your desktop/laptop to the card. Insert the SD card with nothing but the ST16 update file into the card slot of the ST16, then go to System Settings again and click update on the ST16 option.
10. Be patient once more as this takes longer. The ST16 will restart on its own after completion, update the Android, then Tx sections, and then restart again.
11. The H should be on. If not, turn it on and wait for complete initialization.
12. Go to Model Select and tap on the H icon.
13. Go to System Settings and tap refresh to show the CGO3+ and bind that.
14. After that's OK, press Home and go back to the main screen
15. Press on camera settings (lower right corner showing resolution info).

16. Enter Team mode not single to put the craft into binding mode.
17. Go to System Setting and Bind, hit Refresh and see the craft appear and bind that too.
18. After Screen is all OK with telemetry and camera image turn H off, then ST16 off too.
19. Restart everything and after complete initialization, do calibration of Accelerometer, Gimbal, and Compass.

If you don't do step 19, the H will drift or give you a message to land and calibrate compass.
I've done the above to 2 Hs and both are flying perfectly.
Formatted SD or a wiped SD is key to a good update. I don't Format but I take everything off before downloading.

I'm brand new to the Typhoon H, have a Pro model with the Intel RealSense. Only had it a couple of days, but updated right out of the box to this new firmware and have had no issues. Everything seems stable, no crazy behavior or warnings as of yet, but I've only flown a few times. And of course, I started with a brand new unit that may have been manufactured later in the process.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Just did the firmware last night after seeing some of the camera functions that we were to gain. Took out 'Crabby' for a flight after work today, no additional camera functions. I did not read every post here but I am seeing also that the ST16 has total video signal loss now after a total of 700'. This is including the max height of 400' and anything more than 300' away or vice versa the drone will lose connectivity with my controller and will sit there for 30-45 seconds (Just enough time to say 'If I start hauling *** over there I might be able to catch it' Then you realize yer a fat *** nowadays and you will just take it as a loss) and poof it comes back up fast enough where you put it into RTH and hope it lands.

In other words..... WTF.

It's impossible to trust his thing right now. Huge mistake upgrading to this latest firmware.

Is it possible that the latest firmware update has made the compass more sensitive to local magnetic anomalies? If you are getting compass errors, try moving to a different location. I'll be flying tomorrow with the update in a familiar location. Wish me luck.

Just did the firmware last night after seeing some of the camera functions that we were to gain. Took out 'Crabby' for a flight after work today, no additional camera functions. I did not read every post here but I am seeing also that the ST16 has total video signal loss now after a total of 700'. This is including the max height of 400' and anything more than 300' away or vice versa the drone will lose connectivity with my controller and will sit there for 30-45 seconds (Just enough time to say 'If I start hauling *** over there I might be able to catch it' Then you realize yer a fat *** nowadays and you will just take it as a loss) and poof it comes back up fast enough where you put it into RTH and hope it lands.

From your post it really seems it is not worth getting up today!

If you have any concerns do look at the Captain Drone Tips 3,4,and 5 on YT as a confidence boost.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket but keep the box - Drone Tip 5 is worth watching.
Have a good flying day.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Does anyone have a direct email address to someone that knows what they're doing at Yuneec?

Not sure if these guys are even still around but I had these guys on file from last year. You could give both a try I guess.
Dylan Cerven Ext 145 [email protected]
Chad Sackman Ext 144 [email protected]

If not the you could always use the dedicated support number for US 1-844-898-6332.

M-F 6am-5pm PST
Saturday 8am-4:30pm PST

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded the updates from the UK site, then I followed raymaras instructions above (thanks!) and noticed...

You're welcome, Graham. With the new firmware, you have to let it sit a bit after first initialization and turning the motors on. You may show 12 or more GPS sats but the system's gotta re-acquaint itself with location, home altitude, controller ID, etc. (stuff in the background). Same thing happened to me and I landed immediately and let it sit while I breathed deeply to calm myself. then took off and everything was good!

Reactions: Graham
Well this majorly sucks.
Called Yuneec about my compass issue. I only get it if I start the motors pointing in any direction but North. Minor fly away first time broke 3 props. Point North, everything is nice and smooth.
Anyway, Yuneec sent me a RMA so they can look at it. they are also replacing my props.
Out I go to fly down my batteries before I have to ship it off.

After yesterdays issues I made another flight today. Did a gimbal calibration first, took the H in the air and in the camera feed the horizon was about 10degrees out, then 45 and on the return went virtually upside down. You try flying fpv with the picture inverted!
I fitted another battery, did another gimbal calibration, took off and the horizon was completely flat, even though the H was leaning about 30degrees in the wind. During the flight everything seemed normal. And exmaps shows no anomalies, so very happy.:) Great hex!

I'm increasingly getting the impression that a bad calibration can cause a lot of problems.

Is it certain that a firmware update resets calibration, because I've had no problems so far and didn't recalibrate? With the stories I'm hearing, they all seem to start with "I did a calibration.." and end with "..into a tree/lake/wall".

Tuna - I totally agree with you there that's the impression I had users that had re calibrated after update are seemingly having more problems.

When I updated my TH I did not re-calibrate and flies perfectly even though it was very windy, not tried any of the new features yet waiting for better weather conditions.

I received a new TH that was a replacement for one flew it self into a hill that was in its way when the TH stopped responding to the controller. That was version B22 of the firmware. That was after 6 flights.

The new one arrived pre installed with B23 and it has triggered compass errors when ever I moved it (no motors on and no blades just me picking it up). Yuneec said to go and fly it anyways. I flew one battery with no warnings while inflight, but warnings for compass only when on the ground, went home to charge up the next battery and 4 hours later went out to fly. The TH did not even get off the ground this time. Compass and GPS systems indicated a failure. There was so many warnings on the screen you could not get a chance to press the calibrate button.

A restart of the TH make the errors go away for about a few mim then they kick into overdrive again.

The Obstacle avoidable despite being OFF, triggered warnings also, and displays the range finder. It will randomly put up a OA not Available message when in my first flight. the OA wasn't actually working. Like some people have posted in you tube video's it would detect a solid wall, stop then fly towards it when I tested it on my first flight this was at full speed with OA on. When OA was on, and I flew slow, it also do the same thing. There was no logic to how it worked. I didn't have much time try much else as the battery only lasts 15 min on the Realsense version I guess.

When I tried the POI mode, it would not engage in that either. It started the motion, would travel for about 2 seconds in the circle, and the stop but the controller appeared to think it was still flying.

The night before the "Flight Mode" app stopped responding and is restarting message came up, I was not flying, I was just browsing the settings whole connected to the TH to confirm firmware and other settings.

I have been on the phone off and on for hours today with Yuneec, and they insist this issue is not common. They are going to replace it again they said. They told me at one point this morning that the compass error was triggered by the sensor on the motor because there was no blade installed, and once the blades are installed it will work fine. (there is no such sensor in case you were wowed by this detail!).

Despite a significant number of people reporting no issues, there is for sure a batch of these that have problems. As some have noted here I have done the Calibrations for Compass - this was INSISTED by Yuneec to before a flight.

I can't get enough time in the air with this to even start trying to understand what is going on with it. Hopefully others can contribute to the answer as they seem to be able to get further with the ones they own.

I am so disappointed and infuriated with this situation.

This new unit may be a completely messed up unit and maybe the B23 makes it worse. I figured a factory load of B23 should be good. no matter the cause, this very concerning to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech