Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Needing a pilot with more experience than I have.

Reaction score
Question, I am in the Detroit metro area. I have a Typhoon H. We use it on our Missions trip. This past Summer, took a hard hit, broke the camera off, which we had fixed. Broke some blades. Since repairing it, It does not fly completely correct like before. My Son is the one who really flies it and is working Away on a job. Wondering if there is a more experienced Pilot in the area that I can meet up with who could take it flying and look it over. Thanks. Robb

Reactions: Andrew Grant
Why not describe what you think is not right? Someone might be able to suggest a fix, even upload your telemetry (complete flight log)there might be something lurking there, which the experts on here can assist.
You could try hardware manager just to make sure all sticks buttons etc are working correctly.

Last edited:
While that video is very good regarding testing the sticks, it has an error. A sluggish or erratic stick cannot be fixed by a calibration.
The best practice is to "stir" the sticks rapidly before each flight. You can also do this while watching Hardware Monitor to check if that fixes the problem. If the stick remains sluggish or erratic it will need cleaning before doing any calibration.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
It does not fly completely correct like before
Can you provide a better description of what you are seeing? Does it fly in a straight line? Is it responsive to the stick input?

Please note: an H that has been sitting for several days or weeks without flying will need up to 12 minutes on the ground, with the motors off, to update the GPS almanac data. Wait to launch until you see at least 15 satellites on the telemetry.

Question, I am in the Detroit metro area. I have a Typhoon H. We use it on our Missions trip. This past Summer, took a hard hit, broke the camera off, which we had fixed. Broke some blades. Since repairing it, It does not fly completely correct like before. My Son is the one who really flies it and is working Away on a job. Wondering if there is a more experienced Pilot in the area that I can meet up with who could take it flying and look it over. Thanks. Robb
How long is your son (Pilot) away for? There might be delay in response.

Can you provide a better description of what you are seeing? Does it fly in a straight line? Is it responsive to the stick input?

Please note: an H that has been sitting for several days or weeks without flying will need up to 12 minutes on the ground, with the motors off, to update the GPS almanac data. Wait to launch until you see at least 15 satellites on the telemetry.

So as to eliminate any confusion: that “sitting on the ground, motors off” implies the craft has been powered on.

Just helping Steve’s suggestion.

Jeff

So as to eliminate any confusion: that “sitting on the ground, motors off” implies the craft has been powered on.

Just helping Steve’s suggestion.

Jeff
Judging by the post, the son is away working, so there may be a delay in them getting back to the forum. shame they aren't there to respond.

Why not describe what you think is not right? Someone might be able to suggest a fix, even upload your telemetry (complete flight log)there might be something lurking there, which the experts on here can assist.
You could try hardware manager just to make sure all sticks buttons etc are working correctly.
Thanks.. I did do hardware Manager. Everything working. I am wondering if one of the arms is just out a little.. Before as you know, you can take it airborne and it will hold that position.. It will not now, It drifts and then when trying to correct it, it seems to make it worse.. I can fly it, but right now I would not even trust is 15 to 20 feet off the ground.. That is why I was thinking some one with greater experience and more fly time could fly it and see..

I have done that and made sure to have all satellites needed for Telemetry. It is responsive to stick input, But all I can say is it does not feel right and function right.. that is why I was thinking someone with more experience and flight time could better asses it.. Thanks

I have done that and made sure to have all satellites needed for Telemetry. It is responsive to stick input, But all I can say is it does not feel right and function right.. that is why I was thinking someone with more experience and flight time could better asses it.. Thanks
Try a little contact cleaner in the sticks, good stir and make sure everything is OK in hardware manager.

Reactions: rstancer
It drifts and then when trying to correct it, it seems to make it worse.
This is nearly always the result of the right stick not returning to exactly center.
To clarify, you mean it drifts in a given direction and will keep going if not corrected by the sticks, or is it circling?

With only the ST16 turned on follow this video to check the right stick more closely.

This is nearly always the result of the right stick not returning to exactly center.
To clarify, you mean it drifts in a given direction and will keep going if not corrected by the sticks, or is it circling?

With only the ST16 turned on follow this video to check the right stick more closely.

THANKS I will look at this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis