Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131

Status
Not open for further replies.
If yuneec had any idea of what to users they deal with they would have made an official announcement asking their users not to update and give the users who already updated support to downgrade. I doubt they pull a update because of a minor error and it must be a serious issue.

More interestingly, it is not a universal error. Not everyone has issues, which is even more vexing.

Reactions: oliver
It seems it has been this way for the Plus since the first update, that first one gave some members problems while others had none. The next update was to fix those problems and this process repeats each time and appears to have no end. Very disappointing, and that there is no communication or announcements, only compounds the problem.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Hello everyone,

I am a recreational pilot in FRANCE,
Translated by Google translation.
Problem with Firmwares for zooming on the C23.

I had the experience of wanting to put the new Firmwares for the H Plus about Zoom.
The update was not as usual to have it, it had to go through the sub menus of the ST16S.
I had to go through Global OTA to get it, but I encountered a lot of problems as a result of this update.
Camera vibrating, weird sound on it, I made a firmware back on the camera, since I have an H520 and I had a problem.
Yuneec had sent me a file to go back and that is valid for the C23.
But it still was not going after a new update.
So I proceed to a rollback of the Firmware since I had a backup of Yuneec OTA 1.0.10_20180824 and delivered after the last official update in 1.1.02_20181122.
Off the update for the ZOOM poses a problem, maybe not for everyone, but for me it's complete anarchy.
So I sent an email on this subject to YUNEEC asking them why it was necessary to go through Global OTA to get it,
I had a look at the Yuneec US Forum, and it looks like Yuneec had gone back on the ZOOM firmware.
I had a response very quickly from YUNEEC for this problem, the official firmware is delaying, so avoid doing this update.
Here is the translation of my email received this morning.

Dear Mr. Defosse,

Thanks for your email.

We're sorry to give you the bad news, but the update has been postponed. Only install the update from the official server, otherwise you could install the wrong update.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Ihr / Your customer support team

YUNEEC Europe GmbH
Nikolaus-Otto-Straße 4
24568 Kaltenkirchen | Germany
Salut la France, j'ai eu des problèmes également expliqué ici: New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131
Je suis revenu à la 784

It seems it has been this way for the Plus since the first update, that first one gave some members problems while others had none. The next update was to fix those problems and this process repeats each time and appears to have no end. Very disappointing, and that there is no communication or announcements, only compounds the problem.

Particularly since they went to the full OTA setup, with no upgrade/user notes published.
Historically, Yuneec has always been a bit on the short side of following up on customer communication. Emails are almost never returned... as a rule they will not update you with an ongoing Case. It is always the customer who will need to initiate following up on progress, via telephone... with a limited staff. :(

Given that, the company does a spectacular job of taking care of the customer... once you get a hold of them.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Salut la France, j'ai eu des problèmes également expliqué ici: New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131
Je suis revenu à la 784
Bonsoir la France, oui j'avais suivi ton explication, mais comme j'était un peu en relation par mail avec eux au sujet d'un autre problème sur mon H 520, et vu les problème avec mon H Plus, je leur ai demandé pourquoi ce problème.
J'ai fait un retour sur la version de novembre 2018 en attendant qu'il résolve ce problème.

Particularly since they went to the full OTA setup, with no upgrade/user notes published.
Historically, Yuneec has always been a bit on the short side of following up on customer communication. Emails are almost never returned... as a rule they will not update you with an ongoing Case. It is always the customer who will need to initiate following up on progress, via telephone... with a limited staff. :(

Given that, the company does a spectacular job of taking care of the customer... once you get a hold of them.
I am often in contact with the service in Germany by mail following another problem with my H520, I always have an answer in less than 24 hours by email. No worries of relationship with them. As long as it's hard.
I am French and thus passage for the translation by Google, sorry if the terms do not always go very well. Thank you

Reactions: Peggy
If yuneec had any idea of what to users they deal with they would have made an official announcement asking their users not to update and give the users who already updated support to downgrade. I doubt they pull a update because of a minor error and it must be a serious issue.

When I knew there was an update to be done to get the zoom for the H Plus, I could not do it live as usual, I was advised on our group facebook to do it by Global OTA, I had already ask Yuneec why it was necessary to go through Global OTA to do it, he had advised me against doing it, but it was already too late for me. I had not had too much trouble with it yet, but wanting to see if a new official update on the ST was present, it told me that it had to be done, I ended up with an update for Japan that was blocking each time on the camera. So I proceed to a factory and disaster restoration, the Firmwares were different.
I decided to do a complete backtracking of the C23 and the ST16S, I had a backup of Yuneec OTA in 1.0.10_20180824, then updated and official update in 1.1.02_20181122 and now waiting for the official release for the zoom of H Plus.

We are in regression compared to the H 480, because it lacks the functions of which we already spoke, but it is true that the Germany Service answers and is reactive.
It misses the C23 with the H480

I would say yes, depending on the detail needed. These are the jpegs right off the camera, from about 25 feet away. Video is worthless for detail after 2x because of the blurry nature of the slightest movement at the upper magnifications.

I have a short demo video showing how it looks with motion: Compilation of magnification clips.

View attachment 14182
View attachment 14183
View attachment 14184
View attachment 14185
The 2x & 4x aren't that bad! Even for commercial shots. Post editing is still the way to go, though, unless you just cannot maneuver the craft to where it needs to be.

Hi, pat
Hi, pat
Based on some info i got, actually the global OTA is not an official release and it is basely for global internal test, but due to some reasons, most of your know it, LOL
An offical version will be avaiable to fix this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Linson... A build overview is also highly appreciated to what the build improved, added features or fixed.

CES 2019 repeated word from Yuneec was the improvement in connectivity. Can’t wait..

Linson, thanks for the response. Is there any way for an end user to know which firmware is 'Official' ? I am sure many are looking forward to the next update.

I think official version is provided with updating via OTA in FlightMode app: “General Setting”-> ”Software Updates”

Linson... A build overview is also highly appreciated to what the build improved, added features or fixed.
There is update list in the first post of this thread, what's more details you expect?

Hello, I am in contact with Yuneec Europe, for this topic, and I have asked where I downloaded the update from. I thought that what was updated through the connection to Wifi with the ST26S, was Yuneec's official software, but it seems that no, there are people developing this software that is not Yuneec ??

If in global OTA it is only for tests, because it appears when you connect ST16S to Wifi ??

Hello, I am in contact with Yuneec Europe, for this topic, and I have asked where I downloaded the update from. I thought that what was updated through the connection to Wifi with the ST26S, was Yuneec's official software, but it seems that no, there are people developing this software that is not Yuneec ??

Global OTA in hidden menu is for internal test(Yuneec world wide engineers and VIP customer)
Maybe password is required to access this later

Reactions: AH-1G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro