Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware Released for H Plus Build 809_20190131

Status
Not open for further replies.
New update out today Build809 dated 20190131
To access this update make sure you have Global OTA selected

Now gives up 2x, 4x, 8x, digital zoom.
To use this feature click the icon on the right above the video/photo switching icon

Also, enhanced large SD support (whatever thats supposed to mean)

View attachment 14100
Is this zoom update only for H Plus or for the H pro as well? Do I update it directly on the st16?

Only the Plus. You'r not missing that much... it's not even an actual zoom.

Is this zoom update only for H Plus or for the H pro as well? Do I update it directly on the st16?
Most likely, MOST LIKELY, you will not see any more updates for H480 and pro series.

Updated to 809 this morning (in the UK), I have been out for about 1.5 hours (3 batteries) without any issues!! May that continue - haven't really put much to the test but response and stability seem pretty good.

Reactions: Peggy and oliver
As for the gimbal issues, am I wrong in reading that there is mods on the camera lens? My guess is the weight difference is not compensated for properly because we don’t have access to the magic gimbal calibration tools and only Yuneec can do it. How does it behave as a stock C23?

You are right about not having the tools to properly calibrate the C23 gimbal. There are no modifications to my camera or lens, other than using 40.5mm filters, which Yuneec claims we can do. So I did. I have a few 40.5mm filters I use, each with the perfect CW (Counterweight).
The conditions for my issue are a bit confusing so here is a chronological order of events.

My issue with buzz started with Build 784, prior to that there was nothing abnormal. I did not update to fix any gimbal issue, the only reason I updated was because I had to pull the battery from a hot Plus that was trying to get away and did not respond to kill button or the power switch.

Coincidentally I had my heaviest filter and CW (a heavy double variable ND) on the C23 when I did the update.

Since the 784 updated my gimbal seemed fine as long as I had the heaviest filter and CW, anything lighter would cause buzz, the lighter weight the louder the buzz. Worst buzz happens with the C23 in stock configuration with stock OEM UV Filter, the lightest of them all. After the 784 update the C23 was still completely usable since the buzz was not bad and didn't effect the video. It was merely an annoyance.

However as soon as I updated to 809, the buzz became a violent chatter that was visible on the video, regardless of the filter CW combination.

Now that I have downdated the gimbal to the original version, everything is back to where it was just after the 784 Build in paragraph 4 above, except I have the newest 809 FW for Autopilot, the C23, and the Control station. Only the gimbal FW is downdated.

The only thing different now is the amazingly underwhelming digital zoom. Personally I wish they had spent their energy on making the crappy C23 jpegs look as good as the CGO3+ jpegs. DNG files have their place, but I don't want to have to do post work on every single photograph I take before I can even show it to someone else.

Reactions: AH-1G
Digital zoom is a marketing gimmick. Worthless. You can accomplish the same in post by cropping. A true zoom lens has carefully positioned/ground elements that increase the image size on the sensor.
Yes, and for a drone camera, moving the lenses around inside the camera changes the balance of the camera on the gimbal. That other dominant drone manufacturer has figured out how to move the lenses around without altering the balance (significantly?).

I think I will wait till it’s officially available for now. I’ve spent more time prepping with these updates then flying so I think I’ll pilot on 784 some more first.

If you don’t want to deal with buggy firmware it’s always better to wait for the final release. Early releases are called beta for a reason, and that reason is to give the public the opportunity to discover all the problems that were missed during the development process. Anyone that downloads a beta release is in essence agreeing to accept and deal with any and all the issues that may still reside in the new code.

They wouldn't dare setup in the US. That would mean they would have to create a quality product to customer expectations to even survive. For now they can hide across the other side of the world and issue temporary band-aids to their product while advertising them as upgrades.

The above is why all consumer drones are made in China. It’s virtually impossible to force them to accept product liability, and the costs of development and production are so low the product can be sold with a 1000% mark up and still be buyer affordable.

Reactions: JackMTaco
I’m sooooo glad I bought a 920 instead of a Plus or 520[emoji2956]. The only thing sacrificed was GPS EXIF data. Even better it seems is by having no further updates it has none of the problems associated with them.

I’m sooooo glad I bought a 920 instead of a Plus or 520[emoji2956]. The only thing sacrificed was GPS EXIF data. Even better it seems is by having no further updates it has none of the problems associated with them.

Oh poor you pat, I sympathise with you for owning a 920. There is about as much wrong with that aircraft as a blind man competing in a formula 1 race. [emoji6]

Reactions: AH-1G
Can you do a close up of a building for instance. 25 feet away and zoom 1,2,4, and 8x? I want to see how clear it would be for inspections purposes.
I would say yes, depending on the detail needed. These are the jpegs right off the camera, from about 25 feet away. Video is worthless for detail after 2x because of the blurry nature of the slightest movement at the upper magnifications.

I have a short demo video showing how it looks with motion: Compilation of magnification clips.

C23 X1.JPG
C23 X2.JPG
C23 X4.jpg
C23 X8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SavinPeace
Another selfie!:rolleyes:
Yes, a shameless one too!
When I was kid (Okay a young one:rolleyes:) my mother would never go anywhere before she put her makeup on. She use to say "I need to put on my face before we go ". Now as I get older I know what she was talkin'bout!:confused:

Oh poor you pat, I sympathise with you for owning a 920. There is about as much wrong with that aircraft as a blind man competing in a formula 1 race. [emoji6]

They took a lot away when they “upgraded” the 920 to the 920Plus but it always works, does what I tell it to, has a pretty good real life zoom and a full, no crop 16mpx 1” sensor with no distortion. I would hate to have to back pack it though.

Is the 920 still available? They show it on the Yuneec site, bu it does not appear on their store page.

The original 920 is not but some dealers, and Yuneec, have some 920 Plus units on the shelves. Vertigo Drones still shows them on their web pages. Bear in mind they are discontinued items and what is left is unsold stock from the earlier production runs. Also bear in mind they don’t handle as much wind as an H-480 can and limited in speed to about 25mph with GPS on and around 44mph with GPS off.

You have to fully understand your needs and establish the 920 to be a good fit before thinking about one.

Looking at the U.S. site on my phone I see the “Professional” category is greyed out, with the H Plus w/RealSense out of stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold